You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

NI making a play for Lee Harkin.

Another one who wants to concentrate on his club football rather than play internationally, by the sound of it. Probably no interest in all playing for us so.

Interesting assertion they have made there alright. But there's a chance it is unfounded too. Our present 19s squad has plenty of forward options. 
Sponsored Links

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 2:08pm
Ogungbo is travelling with the Arsenal first team tonight for Palace game. Has trained with first team a fair bit recently. 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Ogungbo is travelling with the Arsenal first team tonight for Palace game. Has trained with first team a fair bit recently. 

Is he Irish born?

A long time since we've had an international play for Arsenal. Off the top of my head, Graham Stack was the last Irishman to play for the Gunners (Graham Barrett around the same time possibly).
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Is he Irish born?

A long time since we've had an international play for Arsenal. Off the top of my head, Graham Stack was the last Irishman to play for the Gunners (Graham Barrett around the same time possibly).
Conor Henderson - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Henderson
Tore his ACL in preseason after making one appearance for them in the League Cup
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 3:04pm

Is he Irish born?

No completely sure but assume he is Irish born. Played for St Francis as his schoolboy team as far as I'm aware. As for last Irishman to play, Conor Henderson made a cup appearance but none in league. McGuiness would have made a few friendly appearances as well in pre season. McEneff (Shels) and Henry Francis the other two currently that are youth internationals in the academy.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 7:05pm

Is he Irish born?

No completely sure but assume he is Irish born. Played for St Francis as his schoolboy team as far as I'm aware. As for last Irishman to play, Conor Henderson made a cup appearance but none in league. McGuiness would have made a few friendly appearances as well in pre season. McEneff (Shels) and Henry Francis the other two currently that are youth internationals in the academy.

Makes the bench, down as English on the FA page, but wouldn’t read anything into that
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 7:23pm
A then teenage Joe O'Cearuill made the bench for them in a League Cup game in 2006, before careering down the leagues. Capped twice for Ireland by Steve Staunton before departing.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 7:26pm
Ogungbo has gone from not making the starting 11 for the Irish Under 20 side that lost to the amateurs to making the Arsenal bench in the space of about a week.

Edited by You Tell Me - 04 Apr 2022 at 7:27pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ogungbo has gone from not making the starting 11 for the Irish Under 20 side that lost to the amateurs to making the Arsenal bench in the space of about a week.

A player who can't make a starting 11?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 3:53pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Trent Kone-Doherty linked with Liverpool.

Looking forward to calling this lad "Young Doherty" in around 10 years time.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Tony Springett on the bench in the premier league for Norwich today.

Seems to be going under the radar somewhat but he's a 19 year old centre forward. 

Seems quite versatile and says he can play as a winger or full back

Been playing for the norwich u23s, been in the starting 11 on 18 of his 19 appearances, scoring 6 and assisting 7. So 13 goal contributions in 18 starts.

Has now been on the Norwich first team bench in the last 2 games.

Probably wouldn't be in the squad if idah was available but really good to see another young player breaking through at the highest level

He's played a mere 30 minutes for us in 2019 for the U18s.
Strange a lad can make it too a PL bench and not feature at all in any squad really.
He wasn't named in that 2002 birth-year U20's squad either if I recall.

Just another lad for whom Covid meant less possible call-ups but fair play to him and hope he pushes on.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 2:09pm
First I've heard of him myself. What's his Irish connection or is he Irish born 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

London born and bred. Think hes a granny ruler.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 9:02pm
Of course he is
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 3:05am
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Look up his Twitter for the union jacks next to tricolours & you'll get an idea about him.

Edited by Scissors Kick - 12 Apr 2022 at 3:08am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 3:04pm
Lee Harkin signs a new contract with Wolves. He is described as "Northern Irish" in the press release though. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Lee Harkin signs a new contract with Wolves. He is described as "Northern Irish" in the press release though. 

Well he is from Derry, so technically true. Wasnt it reported the other week too Northern Ireland were in his ear about switching?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 329>
  Share Topic