You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:02pm
Debut for Sinclair Armstrong today.

Under the radar but Shadrach Ogie is a regular at LB for Leyton Orient. Still only 20.
Sponsored Links

Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Under the radar but Shadrach Ogie is a regular at LB for Leyton Orient. Still only 20.

Scores! 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:44pm

Armstrong scores on his debut!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:49pm

In terms of Ogie if we have a League 2 backup player playing at right back for the Under 21s he's probably not too far away from a squad call up at left back to compete with Bagan.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 3:52pm
Of all the decent players his age when playing schoolboy I didn't think Shadrach would be the one to make it across the water nevermind go on to play regularly like he has.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 5:30am

He's come a long way since his Emmerdale days.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 1:01pm
Have kept an eye Adaramola the last year. Palace fans in general have a massive opinion of him plenty saying he will be better then Mitchell in time. LB is a position we are quite light on so another promising LB no harm.  https://twitter.com/KennysKids/status/1452258024844926991?t=-dBE-ts03xqdaR1CEHmBKw&s=19
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 5:52pm
Bit of a rock and a hard place for Kenny and Crawford this week 

Will Kenny call up some of the under 21s or will he leave them with Crawford and maybe let him add a few more like Parott
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Bit of a rock and a hard place for Kenny and Crawford this week 

Will Kenny call up some of the under 21s or will he leave them with Crawford and maybe let him add a few more like Parott

The only U21 player worth calling up would be Kilkenny.

There's an arguement to be made that some lads should drop back down - Conolly and Parrott to start.
Molumby too (edit - just seeing he's overage).
But I can't see any of that happening.

I'd fear for the 21's in this window as they could be facing two home losses.  I've not seen much under Crawford to suggest they should be looking to get top-2 in this group.  To be fair though, the squad has been ransacked.

I'm more interested in the u19 matches, the first of which is tomorrow week so should see that squad announced any day now.

Edited by Fozz - 01 Nov 2021 at 5:57pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:26pm
If ireland wanted to they could make Connolly, omobamidele, bazunu, knight, Collins  parrott and more available to the u21 and make them super competitive but ultimately the u21 is a feder for the seniors and as such the seniors are always the priority.

It's always great to see the u21s do well but I'm not to disheartened to see them play other players so that they can develop.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:27pm
Once players have in any way established themselves in the senior set up, I don't see them dropping back down to 21's.

Don't really think.theres much to be gained from it. And I don't think it helps the individual player or their confidence.

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:29pm
Our 21s haven't a chance of qualifying for anything under Crawford, best players in the senior squad please.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

If ireland wanted to they could make Connolly, omobamidele, bazunu, knight, Collins  parrott and more available to the u21 and make them super competitive but ultimately the u21 is a feder for the seniors and as such the seniors are always the priority.

It's always great to see the u21s do well but I'm not to disheartened to see them play other players so that they can develop.

+1 

It's about development. Younger and younger players are being fed through to the 21's which is.great. if.the seniors want to cherry pick the best, tough sh*te. 

Great to see.underage to well, but everything is.there to facilitate our senior team. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:44pm
It would take a golden generation for our u21s to qualify, you could argue we have one on our hands at the moment but the problem is the generation before them were so poor/non-existent that all these players are in our senior squad now.

Bazunu
O'Connor Omobamidele Collins Bagan
Knight Kilkenny
Obafemi Smallbone Connolly
Idah

Would be a seriously strong u21 team to put out in fairness, and that is obviously leaving out a few others like Parrott and Coventry. Probably only 3 or 4 of them will be in the actual u21 squad in the end.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

It would take a golden generation for our u21s to qualify, you could argue we have one on our hands at the moment but the problem is the generation before them were so poor/non-existent that all these players are in our senior squad now.

Bazunu
O'Connor Omobamidele Collins Bagan
Knight Kilkenny
Obafemi Smallbone Connolly
Idah

Would be a seriously strong u21 team to put out in fairness, and that is obviously leaving out a few others like Parrott and Coventry. Probably only 3 or 4 of them will be in the actual u21 squad in the end.

Ebosele at RB no? In fairness the previous 21s team were well on course to qualify under Kenny prior to him getting the senior job and we were in arguably the toughest qualfiying group of any. Italy Sweden Iceland was a very very tough group compared to what else was there. 

If we put out the above team I don't think I'm exaggerating by saying we wouldn't be frightened of any 21 team in Europe. It's a savage team by 21s standards. We have been tactically illiterate in all 21 games this season but having 2 CMs the quality of Kilkenny and Coventry for thier age group actually got us through a few of them they can dictate play with their ability on the ball.

Ideally we'd have more senior players with superior ability then our 21s but we don't. Molumby Knight Kilkenny Coventry in the Championship for example can you name 4 senior CMs we have better? Cullen Hendrick Hourihane Browne? We don't have the quality of senior player.

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Nov 2021 at 7:57pm
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 10:32am
Any idea when the next squad for the U19 matches will be announced? We are due to play away to Montenegro next Wednesday. There's a few very interesting players at this level. We will be missing Blackburn's Zak Gilsenan though, he did his cruciate on duty for us in Sweden in October
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 12:17pm
Should be announced sometime this week. Probably not our strongest group alright. Some of the more interesting players to look out for would be Rose, Garcia McNulty, Lawal, Finn Benoa and Vaughan who has been getting first team games at Oldham. Lawal is the only Irish born player out of those which is maybe a sign that our 03 and 04 groups are not nearly as strong as what came through from the 1999 to 2002 age groups.

Andrew Moran is in this age group also but might be in the Under 21 squad. Evan Ferguson as well of course. Might have been better to leave Moran with the under 19s, maybe even Ferguson too. You would think the likes of Zefi and Vata would be good enough to step up from Under 17s but they seem happy to leave them at that level for now.

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 Nov 2021 at 12:23pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Should be announced sometime this week. Probably not our strongest group alright. Some of the more interesting players to look out for would be Rose, Garcia McNulty, Lawal, Finn Benoa and Vaughan who has been getting first team games at Oldham. Lawal is the only Irish born player out of those which is maybe a sign that our 03 and 04 groups are not nearly as strong as what came through from the 1999 to 2002 age groups.

Andrew Moran is in this age group also but might be in the Under 21 squad. Evan Ferguson as well of course. Might have been better to leave Moran with the under 19s, maybe even Ferguson too. You would think the likes of Zefi and Vata would be good enough to step up from Under 17s but they seem happy to leave them at that level for now.

I believe Ferguson and Moran feature regularly for the brighton u23 team. Might be worth keeping them in the u21s to fasttrack them. I think we'll lose Coventy, kilkenny and a good few others from the u21s next year so getting them up to speed now kinda makes sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 329>
  Share Topic