You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:02pm
The big difference is that Zak's family are all Irish, both his parents are Irish born and he lived in Ireland for a time before moving to Barca and played for Kevin's.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

The big difference is that Zak's family are all Irish, both his parents are Irish born and he lived in Ireland for a time before moving to Barca and played for Kevin's.

To quote Zak just 18 months ago.

“I was born in Australia and they’re the country I have a really good feeling for,” Gilsenan said speaking to The World Game.

“I was there until the age of nine, growing up and playing junior football at Sorrento (in Perth).

“It would be massive for me to one day play for the Socceroos - and I’m really going to push for that.”

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 12:55pm
https://twitter.com/buzzdotie/status/1445689034974670848

Article about the youngsters from further afield currently in our underage teams. Turns out Cristiano Fitzgerald was born in Singapore and also qualifies for France through his mother.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 3:03pm
Tyreik Wright racially abused by someone who shares his black Caribbean background.

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 3:29pm
Bizarre but it does happen .In Manchester a few year ago, I was once called a Paddy bastard by an Irishman living in England most of his life.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 4:22pm

Bizarre but it does happen .In Manchester a few year ago, I was once called a Paddy bastard by an Irishman living in England most of his life.

Funnily enough, I have often heard Irish-English lads calling each other Paddy bastards in a relatively collegial manner, almost as though they are proud of the moniker. I'd imagine they wouldn't like it so much coming from anybody else, but who knows, it's a funny old world these days.
Idah Dream!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Funnily enough, I have often heard Irish-English lads calling each other Paddy bastards in a relatively collegial manner, almost as though they are proud of the moniker. I'd imagine they wouldn't like it so much coming from anybody else, but who knows, it's a funny old world these days.

Yeah maybe so but weren't on friendly terms it was in the middle of a row in a boozer in middle of Manchester, an Irish one at that. 
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 9:29pm
Not sure if correct place for this but 17s with a 5-0 against Andorra in qualifier. Examiner had an interesting snippet of info - it must be a first time we’ve not had any English club representative in a competitive underage international (u17 upward).

It’ll be the norm from now on.

Edited by Landsdowne90 - 07 Oct 2021 at 9:30pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:58pm
Justin Ferizaj scored a cracker going by reports and Rocco Vata had a great game.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 1:00am
Our senior squad are going to have some cool sounding names in the next 5-10 years 

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 7:52am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Justin Ferizaj scored a cracker going by reports and Rocco Vata had a great game.

I hope Vata sticks with us. Is coming from a McGeady or McCarthy situation in that he has a parent that wasn't born in Ireland but seems to identify very heavily as Irish going by her social media. 

Interestingly, actually, are Ferizaj and Zefi of Albanian descent? That's good to see three lads that identify as Albanian and Irish together. Nice cohort there. Leo Gaxha of Sheff United is older but could be similar. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

I hope Vata sticks with us. Is coming from a McGeady or McCarthy situation in that he has a parent that wasn't born in Ireland but seems to identify very heavily as Irish going by her social media. 

Interestingly, actually, are Ferizaj and Zefi of Albanian descent? That's good to see three lads that identify as Albanian and Irish together. Nice cohort there. Leo Gaxha of Sheff United is older but could be similar. 

Yes. 2 goals & 1 assist came from lads with Albanian family. Pretty unique 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:33am
All three of the Albanian-Irish lads scored actually I think. Zefi and Ferizaj are cousins too as far as I know. Zefi obviously the most hyped of the three but it would be great to see them all make it.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Yeah Ferizaj and Zefi are Irish born to Albanian parents and are cousins too. Ireland Vs Serbia could be a little spicier in the future if these lads go on to be senior internationals.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 1:32pm
That's mad. Ferizaj avoided the obvious pass down the left to cousin Kev and took on the audacious dribble. Luckily he had the ability to execute it. Kevin didn't look impressed at the time. Maybe he'd only have not passed to a family member in that case.
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 2:53pm
Ireland U19's v Sweden U19's Friendly Marbella 

1.  Dan Rose
2.  John Seary
3.  Tayo Adaramola
4.  Bosun Lawal
5.  Anselmo MacNullty
6.  Osin Gallager
7.  Cristino Fitzgerald
8.  John Joe Finn Benoa
9.  Zak Gilsenan
10. Evan Caffery
11. Jamie Mullins

Edited by Fozzy B - 08 Oct 2021 at 3:01pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

1.  Dan Rose
2.  John Seary
3.  Tayo Adaramola
4.  Bosun Lawal
5.  Anselmo MacNullty
6.  Osin Gallager
7.  Cristino Fitzgerald
8.  John Joe Finn Benoa
9.  Zak Gilsenan
10. Evan Caffery
11. Jamie Mullins

I have to say it looks strong.

A few stand out players there in JJfinn, macnulty, Rose, lawal and Gilsenan.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

1.  Dan Rose
2.  John Seary
3.  Tayo Adaramola
4.  Bosun Lawal
5.  Anselmo MacNullty
6.  Osin Gallager
7.  Cristino Fitzgerald
8.  John Joe Finn Benoa
9.  Zak Gilsenan
10. Evan Caffery
11. Jamie Mullins

I have to say it looks strong.

A few stand out players there in JJfinn, macnulty, Rose, lawal and Gilsenan.

Very cosmopolitan looking team, apparently two up after 30 mins according to some dude on twitter? Doesnt seem to be a stream available.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 329>
  Share Topic