You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

anyone got info on the players in this U18 group, who are the stand out lads?

From posts on here etc I recognise a few of them but most are unknowns.

https://twitter.com/TheEireHub/status/1426872909843271680?s=01
Sponsored Links

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 3:25pm
thanks Badgers, super info!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Cheers.
Anyone know why the likes of Kevin Zefi and Caden McLoughlin are not involved?

Edited by Fozz - 17 Aug 2021 at 4:47pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:04pm
Under 18 is non-competitive, almost a way of keeping lads who don't make the Under 19 squad but are overage for the under 17s involved. I'd expect the likes of Zefi to be with one of the competitive age groups - under 17 or, more likely, under 19s.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Under 18 is non-competitive, almost a way of keeping lads who don't make the Under 19 squad but are overage for the under 17s involved. I'd expect the likes of Zefi to be with one of the competitive age groups - under 17 or, more likely, under 19s.

Yeah, makes sense.

Here's the lineup:

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Cheers.

🍿🥤
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:40pm
seeing as Rio McEvoy is playing, I wonder has he decided to play with us instead of the North, as there was reported to be a tug of war for his services?
We are playing well, OBrien Whitmarsh has missed two one on one so far, could easily be two up before half time

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:49pm
Capriani scores!
We also gave up one big chance to the but overall we're value for the 1-0 at HT here as we look the better team all over the pitch.

Edited by Fozz - 17 Aug 2021 at 5:52pm
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:49pm
Watched first half, seem to have a couple of real good players there, Coleman and Caprani, Caprani scored on half time at lead 1-0 at the break.
TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:53pm
Fly all these lads off to European clubs/academies fast- with no messin’ 
about LOL

Edited by TraphadBalls - 17 Aug 2021 at 5:56pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Cheers.

Clubs don't have to let players leave for training camps. Also looks like most training camps have been used to look at a lot more players than we'd normally call up given how much Covid has affected the underage scene the last year and a half.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:03pm
very impressed with them so far, obviously hard to tell what standard Hungary are at, but we are well on top and some of the players looking really good.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:04pm
Watched Shels u17 last week. Toure and Hakiki were playing. Toure was a bustler,missed a pen. Hakiki was very lively and caused UCD all sorts of problems. Wouldn’t have thought either would be of international standard. I’m guessing Duffer was recommended them
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:06pm
2-0 up.
McGuinness.
We're noticeably a better team here.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:10pm
That was a well worked goal starting from the fullback Agbaje and then a couple one twos between McGuinness and Coleman.
imcmahon View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imcmahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 9:23pm
Happy to say 2 of my lads (Luke Pearce and Tommy Fogarty) from St. Peter’s school in Solihull got on and did well. They will both start on Thursday. 

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 4:58am
Interesting re: Derby Irish lads. Derby can’t have more than 23 players who have played in competitive games. Not great news for lads like Cashin and Ibrahim, who would otherwise have a crack at the first team

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 10:46am
Game currently on here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRJydeSfF7o

We're 2-1 down at HT...Pearce got our goal and it was nicely taken.

Edited by Fozz - 19 Aug 2021 at 10:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 329>
  Share Topic