You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 2:09pm
Dawson was home sick at Watford and is happy at Bohs, will take something big for him to move abroad and another year or so at Bohs do him no harm at all 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 16 Jul 2021 at 2:09pm
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:44pm
A good day with Noßß and Lawal scoring, while Troy and Jamie Bowden (unknown whether he will feature for our 21's as was a notable absense from camp) got some gametime.

I recall this period last year (was a bit later) where we were getting excited about our young prospects at club-level and the season was a wash.
Here's hoping 21/22 is a breakout year.

We can but hope.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

A good day with Noßß and Lawal scoring, while Troy and Jamie Bowden (unknown whether he will feature for our 21's as was a notable absense from camp) got some gametime.

I recall this period last year (was a bit later) where we were getting excited about our young prospects at club-level and the season was a wash.
Here's hoping 21/22 is a breakout year.

We can but hope.

Towards the end of last season Obafemi and Connolly getting a run in sides etc Sheffield Utd flying,Doherty being hyped up as the potential signing of the summer by more then just Irish fans I could keep going it did look bright. 

I go back to Connolly Idah Obafemi and Parrott not firing/things not going quite right for one reason or another I think that has a huge bearing on how negative people viewed it especially as we are so light on senior attackers.  I think if Idah for arguments sake stayed fit for the full season and scored 13-15 goals for Norwich we would be a lot more positive. 

Also injuries the amount of Irish players who got serious injuries was just incredible. 

Kelleher,Bazunu,O’Shea,Omobamidele,Collins,McGuinness,
McNamara,Knight,Scully are all players who really enhanced there reputations this season all young players born 98 or older they had their “breakout seasons” as such. They are there to counter the Idah,Obafemi,Parrott,Connolly,Molumby
,Smallbone,Connell etc whoit didn’t go to plan for. When your dealing with 18-22yo footballers who are starting off and learning your trade that is part and parcel of it. They will have ups and downs bad periods/loan spells etc.

Kelleher who I think Rice aside is the closest thing to a potential world class player in his position we have had in 20 years could end up making a howler for Liverpool and it might kill him mentally. Connolly who I have major doubts about his ability to kick on might wake up absolutely rip it up this season and develop into a top class attacker. 

Put it this way if I said to you that Matt Doherty was going to be out next big money signing for a top 6 clubs 5 years ago what would you have said to me? 

Edited by kevin100 - 17 Jul 2021 at 7:56pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Or a westlife loving Mother

I wonder if Ice Cube is eligible for Ireland. His first name is O'Shea.

LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 11:10am
Don’t know has he a thread but I see Garcia McNulty has been given the No.18 shirt by Wolfsburg this season. Really promising sign that they have decent plans for him. Will be fascinating to see will him and Noss breakthrough. Irish representation at high level Bundesliga clubs. 

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Jul 2021 at 11:11am
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 11:36am
yes thats a very positive sign. Fingers crossed he will make some sort of an impact. Not too many clubs at the highest level giving game time to 18 year old centre backs.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

yes thats a very positive sign. Fingers crossed he will make some sort of an impact. Not too many clubs at the highest level giving game time to 18 year old centre backs.

Most countries will kill to have one or two young CBs under 21 of such potential. We are nearly groaning “ahh not another one” we have so many now would remind you of Scotland and left backs. 
If he even got the odd Cup appearance it would be great next season that would do perfect. They are stacked a CB but I strongly suspect Lacroix will be sold this or next season is attracting plenty interest. 

Edited by kevin100 - 19 Jul 2021 at 12:09pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Most countries will kill to have one or two young CBs under 21 of such potential. We are nearly groaning “ahh not another one” we have so many now would remind you of Scotland and left backs. 
If he even got the odd Cup appearance it would be great next season that would do perfect. They are stacked a CB but I strongly suspect Lacroix will be sold this or next season is attracting plenty interest. 

Can never have too many CBs, especially if you play with a back 3 you need 4 or 5 including subs.

By Euro 2024 finals in June 2024 / start of 2026 qualifiers in September 2024 ...Coleman will be 35/36, Clark 34/35, Long 33/34, Egan 33/34, Duffy 33/34. Not many of them will be sticking around.

By that stage we'd hopefully have O'Shea 25, Collins 23, Omobamidele 22, MacNulty 21, McGuinness 23, McEntee 23, O'Brien 23, O'Connor 24 , Masterson 25 etc.. having come through and established themselves playing at a good level as ready made replacements.

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

By that stage we'd hopefully have O'Shea 25, Collins 23, Omobamidele 22, MacNulty 21, McGuinness 23, McEntee 23, O'Brien 23, O'Connor 24 , Masterson 25 etc.. having come through and established themselves playing at a good level as ready made replacements.
I'd have Dunne as being a bit further along than some of those lads. We also have Sean Roughan at Lincoln who is very young, but highly regarded.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 3:27pm
That's discounting the likes of Luke McNally too, not to mention loi based centre backs. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I'd have Dunne as being a bit further along than some of those lads. We also have Sean Roughan at Lincoln who is very young, but highly regarded.

Forgot Dunne, was just shooting names off top my head. Is Roughan not a Left Full come  Left Wingback / Winger?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That's discounting the likes of Luke McNally too, not to mention loi based centre backs. 

Yeah as I said was just shooting off names, Im not a big LOI watcher but was watching Rovers European games there and I thought Scales was absolutely class. Id be surprised if he didnt get a move sooner rather than later.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 7:06pm
Celtic's 13-man bench tonight, containing a lot of youth players still has no place for O'Connor or Connell. Can't blame Lennon for this one guys. They're not good enough.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Celtic's 13-man bench tonight, containing a lot of youth players still has no place for O'Connor or Connell. Can't blame Lennon for this one guys. They're not good enough.

This is it isn’t it. No big deal however they do need to find loan moves again with this the case. I wonder would Goodwin at St Mirren fancy taking either of the lads on loan? 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Jul 2021 at 9:15pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:17pm
See Collins McGuinness and Bagan started for Cardiff tonight. General vibe was Bagan was going to declare for us and be called up to the 21s prior to his shoulder injury. Hopefully it’s still the case he intends on declaring he looks a prospect and a left back a position bar Stevens and Manning as it stands we have very little else. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:43pm

This is it isn’t it. No big deal however they do need to find loan moves again with this the case. I wonder would Goodwin at St Mirren fancy taking either of the lads on loan? 

Alternatively, they could try and work hard and earn their way into the squad? - the Celtic squad isn't exactly heavy on talented on players at the moment.

There is not too much between O'Connor and Ralston for example.

It's still early days.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Alternatively, they could try and work hard and earn their way into the squad? - the Celtic squad isn't exactly heavy on talented on players at the moment.

There is not too much between O'Connor and Ralston for example.

It's still early days.

Of course but they have injuries as it is Celtic it really doesn’t look likely if your being realistic.  
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:55pm
Connell must surely be carrying a knock or something. New manager named him in their 23 man squad for the qualifiers and pretty sure he qualifies for the B list so didn't need to take up one of the 23 spaces.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 329>
  Share Topic