You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:06am
It would be good to see McEntee get out for a loan alright, with the new contract agreed now hopefully it might happen next season. McGuinness has always been the higher rated of those two, he's English born and would almost certainly have been selected at least up to Under 20 with England if he had gone with them. Even then though he struggled a bit with the step up to senior football at times last season, but in the long run the year of football will stand to him and hopefully he can get another loan this coming season.

If nothing else we look well stocked at centre back for the next few years - Collins, O'Shea and Omobamidele are all really promising prospects, then there's McGuinness, McEntee and McNulty after them, while the likes of Jimmy Dunne and Warren O'Hora have a chance of carving out decent careers at maybe Championship level. Potentially serious depth in the position. And of course John Egan has a good five years in him at a high level also.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:51pm
Another from the 05 group Justin Ferjaaz(spelt wrong)
Albanian parents,cousin of Kevin Zefi,afaik. He’s on trial this week with Roma. I think Sam Curtis is with him also. Plays for Rovers also
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 1:39am
Darragh O'Connor is on trial with Motherwell after being released by Leicester.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 11:40am
I know we all have our own favourite players that we keep an eye out for and cross our fingers they make the breakthrough, but the guy I'm really keen on seeing progress next season is Bosun Lawal at Watford. 18 years old, big strong midfielder, a very different kind of player to what we currently have. Has captained underage teams at Watford, was their academy player of the year and made his U21 debut for us in the summer. We seem to be covered for keepers for the long term, lots of centre backs and forwards with potential coming through too. Bosun would be a very welcome addition if he can progress!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 12:57pm
Surprising to see Seamas Keogh leave Southampton for Sligo Rovers. He looked an outstanding underage prospect but had injury problems last season apparently. Still young enough to deliver on his potential.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 12:09pm
Tyreik Wright linked with Swindon, Salford and Leyton Orient in The Athletic.

I thought he might've attracted interest from L1 teams but apparently not.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 12:07am
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 3:22pm
Connell Afolobi O Connor and Coffey will all be playing the second half of a friendly against Sheffield Wednesday today. Celtic are currently losing 1-0.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 5:40pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 9:13pm
Adam Murphy. Another from the 2005 group. On the bench for St Pats v Bohs last week. Was always an exceptional talent 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 7:27am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Adam Murphy. Another from the 2005 group. On the bench for St Pats v Bohs last week. Was always an exceptional talent 
signs a pro contract 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:44pm
Rudi Vata's son, Rocco, has also signed his first pro contract with Celtic today. Hes in same 2005 age group as Murphy.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

New deal for Noss at Borussia Monchengladbach: https://www.the42.ie/conor-noss-three-year-deal-at-borussia-monchengladbach-5488245-Jul2021/.

Shows that they have some confidence in Noss giving him a three year deal

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:08pm
One player who has fallen under the radar until recently is Adam O'Reilly. Had a similar profile to the likes of Jason Knight coming through the age groups, but while Knight got his break at Derby O'Reilly never really got a look in at Preston and was sent on some hopeless loan moves to English non league clubs.

Hopefully the Waterford loan was the chance he needed to get his career going again. By all accounts he was excellent for Waterford but whether that will translate into opportunities at Preston remains to be seen. Similar to Luca Connell who is around the same age he needs to get more first team football under his belt soon, hopefully he gets a run in the first team or, if not, another decent loan move this season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 12:09am
New one year contract at Norwich for Josh Giurgi.

Zack Elbouzedi is set to join Sebastian Larsson's club, AIK of Sweden, according to reports over there.
TraphadBalls View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraphadBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 9:25am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

One player who has fallen under the radar until recently is Adam O'Reilly. Had a similar profile to the likes of Jason Knight coming through the age groups, but while Knight got his break at Derby O'Reilly never really got a look in at Preston and was sent on some hopeless loan moves to English non league clubs.

Hopefully the Waterford loan was the chance he needed to get his career going again. By all accounts he was excellent for Waterford but whether that will translate into opportunities at Preston remains to be seen. Similar to Luca Connell who is around the same age he needs to get more first team football under his belt soon, hopefully he gets a run in the first team or, if not, another decent loan move this season.

Was tipped for great things at Ringmahon Rangers, definitely had what it takes to to make a top performing forward imv.  I am still very hopeful for him (as is everyone else down in Mahon). He just needs a decent loan move to develop and come good.  Hopefully it will happen at Waterford.

Edited by TraphadBalls - 09 Jul 2021 at 9:41am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 10:32am
Italian journalist reporting this morning that Zefi has agreed a three year contract with Inter
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 2:50pm
I see Deji Sotona has been linked with a move to Crystal Palace. Could be some truth to it since Veira was the one that signed him for Nice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 329>
  Share Topic