You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Ryan Johansson now eligible according to yer man from fan tv

Confirmed by Dan McDonnell.

Are you saying Irish fan tv is not as reputable as Dan Mc DonnellšŸ˜€

Well, he was right so fair play to him for getting the news and lets not begrudge a lad working to promote the game here, both International and domestic.

Fair enough. I'm big enough and ugly enough to take back my spoofer comment on the other thread.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:04am
Nice 1.

Moving on, I think my story of him being unable to play competitively for us (at any level) for three years since his last Competitive International for Lux is untrue.
I believe the 3-year rule is only after playing an 'A' International, which means a senior match, right?
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:11am
more importantly, is he any good???
It's not me it's you:-)
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

more importantly, is he any good???

Exactly. The one aspect not nearly discussed enough when it comes to every young player who can potentially tog out for us. 

I'll get excited when it's time to get excited, not because some bloke plays for a club that's not based in England and has a fancy surname. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:32pm
Bosun Lawal the Watford academy player of the year, ex Kevin's I think? 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bosun Lawal the Watford academy player of the year, ex Kevin's I think? 

Yes ex St Kevinā€™s. looks another nice prospect and is strolling through the age groups at Watford. Troy Deeney was comparing him to Doucoure the other day. If he wound up close to as good as that you would be lifting. 

Another lad at Watford too Cassidy also there. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 1:11pm

Well, he was right so fair play to him for getting the news and lets not begrudge a lad working to promote the game here, both International and domestic.

I didnā€™t begrudge anyone anything.  I was asking drumcondra a question? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:49pm

Big time. Never got the hate, Paul's a nice lad.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:56pm

Big time. Never got the hate, Paul's a nice lad.

Yeah, weird hate indeed. Like being back in school or something. What age are some of these posters?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:04pm

I'd take Dan more serious if only he wore wife beaters while skyping players ma's in the front of a transit van.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:54pm
Somewhat surprisingly, Ipswich have extended Aaron Drinan's deal for another year.

Ward, Cotter and Judge all leaving.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Somewhat surprisingly, Ipswich have extended Aaron Drinan's deal for another year.

Ward, Cotter and Judge all leaving.

Is it surprising? He did well at the start of the season and was cruelly struck down with injury after playing his way into contention and being a real option for Lambert. You know players are allowed to improve? And he clearly has and Ipswich have seen enough improvement to warrant keeping him there to improve. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:52am
Ipswich supporters were certainly surprised anyway.

Obviously he might improve, but you could say that about any player. I'd say the contract extension probably just delays his return to the League of Ireland by a year based on his time with Ipswich so far.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ipswich supporters were certainly surprised anyway.

Obviously he might improve, but you could say that about any player. I'd say the contract extension probably just delays his return to the League of Ireland by a year based on his time with Ipswich so far.

It's one of the The O'Shea's alt accounts. I'm still living rent free in his head 6 months later.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:36pm
People saying good things about Watford academy poty Bosun Lawal

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

People saying good things about Watford academy poty Bosun Lawal

Should be in the Ireland Under 19 squad next month hopefully. Seems to get good reports but you'd be a bit reluctant to buy into the hype too much there as Ryan Cassidy was massively overhyped at Watford a couple of years ago and seems to have fallen away since.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:44pm
I think Cassidy has been injured a while.
Was starting games and looked OK until October and then dropped to bench.
Got a few mins here and there off the bench between Nov and Jan and then vanished to injury.

Another lad where we hope the 21/22 season is a fresh start...that's our narrative and I'm sticking to it...will be saying the same about the 26/27 season.

Curiously, for what it's worth, Cassidy ended with the same two goals in L1 this season as Parrott.

Edited by Fozz - 13 May 2021 at 4:45pm
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 5:24pm

I think Cassidy has been injured a while.
Was starting games and looked OK until October and then dropped to bench.
Got a few mins here and there off the bench between Nov and Jan and then vanished to injury.

Another lad where we hope the 21/22 season is a fresh start...that's our narrative and I'm sticking to it...will be saying the same about the 26/27 season.

Curiously, for what it's worth, Cassidy ended with the same two goals in L1 this season as Parrott.

Both penalties tho werenā€™t they? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 329>
  Share Topic