You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:08pm
I read somewhere that he had opted for the Democratic Republic of Congo, where his parents are from, rather than Ireland. Unless he has had second thoughts ?
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:28pm
Knight come off after 45 mins with Derby 1-0 down. Molumby still hasn't come on but has only played 100mins of football in the last 9 games for Preston. Parrott now in the ipswich u23s and connolly seemingly struggling at Brighton.

Idah, smallbone, Collins, masterson all struggling with injuries. 

Not a good year for us. Just a few more games to go this season.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:42pm
Derby are in serious trouble of going down,  that would be a disaster for us,   3 good young players dropping down to league one.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Knight come off after 45 mins with Derby 1-0 down. Molumby still hasn't come on but has only played 100mins of football in the last 9 games for Preston. Parrott now in the ipswich u23s and connolly seemingly struggling at Brighton.

Idah, smallbone, Collins, masterson all struggling with injuries. 

Not a good year for us. Just a few more games to go this season.

Derby have far bigger problems then Jason Knight. Actually him going off the boil completely is no doubt a big miss for them. He wasn’t given captaincy at 19 years of age for the craic he was hugely influential. Has tailed off a bit.

They can still turn it around but need to find a win or two quick. 

Knight will get a transfer if they go down. Id be amazed if he didn’t in fact. Was linked with PL clubs in January interested to see do they come back in for him? Even if they don’t he will get a Championship move. 

Watson and Ebosele it would be very disappointing for but with Derby selling certainly one or two of there good young midfielders Watson will hopefully benefit and Ebosele hopefully might start getting handy amongst the side too. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Apr 2021 at 8:46pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Knight will get a transfer if they go down. Id be amazed if he didn’t in fact. Was linked with PL clubs in January interested to see do they come back in for him? Even if they don’t he will get a Championship move. 

Watson and Ebosele it would be very disappointing for but with Derby selling certainly one or two of there good young midfielders Watson will hopefully benefit and Ebosele hopefully might start getting handy amongst the side too. 
I'd be more than happy for Derby to get relegated. It'd mean they would have to sell Knight and that would mean he'd get into a Premier League team, or at worse a top Championship team. Ebosele and Watson are both raw and would certainly get more game time should Derby go down, this would be better for their development than going on loan in League 1 to a team that plays poor football.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Derby are in serious trouble of going down,  that would be a disaster for us,   3 good young players dropping down to league one.

It wouldn't really. Knight would get a move to a better club, think he should leave anyway before he's just known as the lad that runs a lot. Ebosele and Watson would get more minutes in League One than they would in the Championship. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 3:16pm
It doesn’t take a genius to conclude it didn’t really go according to plan for a lot of our younger attackers this season Connolly Parrott Idah Obafemi. 

Seeing Calum Kavanagh score twice for Middlesbrough U23s in 10 minutes there is nice to see he looks another fine prospect. We will be desperately looking for a few to come through in the next few years. The one positive I have taken looking at the 03,04,05 born groups is a good few of our better looking prospects are attackers also Ferguson,Kavanagh,,Zefi,Caden Mcgloughlin at Villarreal,Kenny at Sligo etc. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 3:42pm
I like the look of kavanagh alright. Some good pedigree too. While we know his dad is Graham kavanagh, his uncle on his mother's side is Liam O'Brien. I'll take that.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 3:56pm
I have read about that. Looks a good prospect and a bit like Smallbone let’s say I wouldn’t be too worried about him jumping ship reading between the lines.

Odubeko another decent prospect but just more pessimistic about wether he will want to play for us hence I’m reluctant to include him. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It doesn’t take a genius to conclude it didn’t really go according to plan for a lot of our younger attackers this season Connolly Parrott Idah Obafemi. 

Seeing Calum Kavanagh score twice for Middlesbrough U23s in 10 minutes there is nice to see he looks another fine prospect. We will be desperately looking for a few to come through in the next few years. The one positive I have taken looking at the 03,04,05 born groups is a good few of our better looking prospects are attackers also Ferguson,Kavanagh,,Zefi,Caden Mcgloughlin at Villarreal,Kenny at Sligo etc. 

To be fair I'd still lump all these players together, connolly, parrott, idah, obafemi, kavanah ferguson, zefi and mcloughlin.. all are either teenagers or have just hit their 20s.

No reason why any of that bunch can't hit premier league quality heights still.

Edited by Left foot - 23 Apr 2021 at 4:19pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:37pm
Oh yeah the first 4 named Connolly Idah etc are still young and have plenty time to establish themselves. Just an obversation it’s a positive for us that plenty of the talent we have 03,04,05 born seem to be attackers also. That’s no harm as tbh we need that volume of attacking talent coming through. 

Like you say more darts,more potential the more likely your to get 2 or 3 make it as PL quality attackers. 

Idah is the one I’m really looking at with a view to next year. Wouldn’t remotely mind seeing him go out on loan. Farke rates him very highly but he’s not going to start for Norwich and playing weekly for 90 minutes for 30-40 games would do him the world of good.

Edited by kevin100 - 23 Apr 2021 at 4:38pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:27pm
A former under 21, not a current one, but Emmanuel osadebe seems to be putting together a run of form at the age of 24 in league 2 with Walsall. He was one of those that arrived late into the system and seemed to get a chance because he had a lot of good attributes and physical ability. Playing in league two so I won’t get too excited but it’s good to see him start to live up to his potential 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:44pm
McGuinness seems to be struggling with the step-up to men's football. Back in the side after months out of the team but his performances haven't been receiving rave reviews.

Mark McGuinness 

Like Woolfenden, the loanee made a good block early on but much of this game was a struggle for him as he was pulled out of position, committed too easily and found Pigott difficult to handle. He gave away the penalty with an unnecessary tug on the shirt but was fortunate to see Cornell get him out of trouble. 3

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:13am
McGuinness named in the League 1 team of the week.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Doesn't seem like it with the post aboveLOLLOL
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

All other defenders in league 1 only managed a 2 in the performance ratings.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:20pm

See proof here: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40195/cornell-and-mcguinness-in-team-of-the-week

Somebody needs to have a chat with this lot. Did they not read that HH managed find a negative review of his performance? Next you'll be telling me Richard Keogh made the Championship team of the week. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

See proof here: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40195/cornell-and-mcguinness-in-team-of-the-week

Somebody needs to have a chat with this lot. Did they not read that HH managed find a negative review of his performance? Next you'll be telling me Richard Keogh made the Championship team of the week. 

46 posts and every single one of them coming after The O'Shea was banned.  What's this, your 5th or 6th account now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 329>
  Share Topic