You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 329>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:39pm
presume this discussion should be on the players eligible thread!
It's not me it's you:-)
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

presume this discussion should be on the players eligible thread!

All roads lead to Ciaran Clark!
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Odubeko has not refused an Ireland call-up, it was West Ham who didn't want him to go. Big difference. Until he actually refuses a call-up, or goes down the Declan Rice route of taking time out to think about his international career, it's daft to speculate.

Did he not remove all his Irish based tweets and pictures? 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Odubeko has not refused an Ireland call-up, it was West Ham who didn't want him to go. Big difference. Until he actually refuses a call-up, or goes down the Declan Rice route of taking time out to think about his international career, it's daft to speculate.
The explanation for that withdrawal just happening to be the exact kind of thing you'd say when there was no logical reason but know that there are many people out there who are happy to swallow any amount of BS fed to them. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:20pm
Troy Parrott not in the Ipswich squad tonight, apparently played for their u23s today Confused
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Troy Parrott not in the Ipswich squad tonight, apparently played for their u23s today Confused
He’ll do well at Leyton orient next year.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Not really surprised the games I've seen him play he has a good touch but doesn't try hard enough. 

Needs to go back to the u23s for a year.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
19 year old Conor Grant scored his first goal for Rochdale tonight. It was a 2 yard tap in but the SSN announced made a point of saying he deserved it because he had been excellent all night, which is good to hear for our Under 21s.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 1:40am
Pearse O’Brien - capped by our U16s while playing for a local team in Connecticut - is apparently with Real Salt Lake now.
Playing at u19 level according to this:

CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 3:44pm
I saw the comments on Eire Guide Facebook page in relation to Mipo and the screenshot of the conversation between Mipo and yer man. Yer man deleted it fairly quickly but I got a screenshot of it but probably best not to post it here.

Basically a summary of it was that he asked Mipo if he was eligible to play for England and if there was any way he could. Mipo responded that he possibly could as he had lived in England over five years now.

I took that response that he’s gone as he didn’t shut the rumours down.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by CaroG CaroG wrote:

I saw the comments on Eire Guide Facebook page in relation to Mipo and the screenshot of the conversation between Mipo and yer man. Yer man deleted it fairly quickly but I got a screenshot of it but probably best not to post it here.

Basically a summary of it was that he asked Mipo if he was eligible to play for England and if there was any way he could. Mipo responded that he possibly could as he had lived in England over five years now.

I took that response that he’s gone as he didn’t shut the rumours down.

I won’t be losing any sleep over it frankly.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 10:42pm
New contract at Rotherham for Joshua Kayode.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

While Troy and Idah get all attention it will be a dude like this that will probably end up being our saviour. 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

While Troy and Idah get all attention it will be a dude like this that will probably end up being our saviour. 

Probably yes. Around the time there was noise about Miller  /  Thornton  / McPhail joining Duff & Keane in midfield Glenn Whelan was rebuilding at Sheffield Wednesday in L1 after being let go by Man City.   
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Probably yes. Around the time there was noise about Miller  /  Thornton  / McPhail joining Duff & Keane in midfield Glenn Whelan was rebuilding at Sheffield Wednesday in L1 after being let go by Man City.   

Keith O'Neill, Richie Partridge, Michael Reddy...

A lot of talented Irish midfielders sank without a trace or failed to fulfill their potential due to injuries and discipline issues in the late 90s and early 00s.

What could have been.

Keith Andrews, Paul Green and Liam Lawrence are some other examples of players who rose through the divisions to make a breakthrough for IRL at the same time as Whelan.

Just goes to show, it'll probably be lads who aren't on the radar right now who will go on to be integral players for us in 6 or 7 years time.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 10:02am
Yeah but we still need a Duff or a Keane to come through as well.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 10:25am

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Keith O'Neill, Richie Partridge, Michael Reddy...

A lot of talented Irish midfielders sank without a trace or failed to fulfill their potential due to injuries and discipline issues in the late 90s and early 00s.

What could have been.

Keith Andrews, Paul Green and Liam Lawrence are some other examples of players who rose through the divisions to make a breakthrough for IRL at the same time as Whelan.

Just goes to show, it'll probably be lads who aren't on the radar right now who will go on to be integral players for us in 6 or 7 years time.
Christ! we’re in bad shape and your telling us they’ll be an andrews, whelan or green along in a few years!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 5:41pm
It's an interesting point though, for all the young talent we have sent over to clubs in England it has generally been lads who may be classed as late bloomers and come back up through the lower ranks who have come good for us. In recent years we haven't had many players at all who have burst onto the scene as a 19/20 year old and stayed there. Robbie Brady only one who springs to mind, there are probably a few others. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 210211212213214 329>
  Share Topic