You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

If there is any truth to this tweet then he can't really have much sense of Irishness. If West Ham are investigating it they would hardly be doing it without having spoken to the player first, and if it is something that he's open to, the fact that he was born here and lived here up until he was 11/12 would seem to be irrelevant to him.

Yes. The way some people go on, it's like a real-life version of The Manchurian Candidate and Odubeko's being brainwashed into wanting to play for England against his will.

I’d be happy enough if he’s our Manchurian Candidate and he ends up rifling home an own goal at Wembley. It’s a long shot, but our best chance of scoring 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:30pm
Ah yeah, it takes two if this is going on, but can anyone find the actual tweet mentioned on here from Jason O'Connor which has given rise to this  ?
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:46pm
jason o connor was the guy who was adamant that rice was staying with us- so if he is the source, then id take with a pinch of salt
Jayoconnor8 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayoconnor8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:47pm
Hi folks, 

I never put a tweet out regarding Mipo.

So dont know why that was said.

Also I am a West Ham Fan. Not involved with West Ham in anyway!

Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayoconnor8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:57pm
Hi,

Yet again I dont know where you’s are getting this stuff from as I never said that regarding Rice. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Ah yeah, it takes two if this is going on, but can anyone find the actual tweet mentioned on here from Jason O'Connor which has given rise to this  ?

Anyone could knock out a tweet, doesn't mean there's value in it. I have to say I'm not optimistic with odubeko commiting to us. Why should he? 

If I was born in China and left when I was a child I wouldn't say I was Chinese.

I understand that both Odubekos parents are Nigerian where as when you look at Adam Idah his mother is irish. I would say idah is irish and odubeko was born in ireland.

If you look at it, odubeko is just as much English as he is irish. He was born in ireland and grew up in England.

Now if he does feel irish and commit to us like obafemi has, i would happily eat those words and agree that he is irish but the cynical person I am, I would say he's not irish.

We'll see on September anyway.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Anyone could knock out a tweet, doesn't mean there's value in it. I have to say I'm not optimistic with odubeko commiting to us. Why should he? 

If I was born in China and left when I was a child I wouldn't say I was Chinese.

I understand that both Odubekos parents are Nigerian where as when you look at Adam Idah his mother is irish. I would say idah is irish and odubeko was born in ireland.

If you look at it, odubeko is just as much English as he is irish. He was born in ireland and grew up in England.

Now if he does feel irish and commit to us like obafemi has, i would happily eat those words and agree that he is irish but the cynical person I am, I would say he's not irish.

He spent his formative years in Ireland. He's only been in England about 5 years. It's not a Michael Obafemi or Olamide Shodipo situation where he just happened to be born here during a transitory period in his parents lives.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Jayoconnor8 Jayoconnor8 wrote:

Hi folks, 

Thanks for clearing that up Jay. Any comment on the Manchurian Candidate theory?
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayoconnor8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:28pm
Dont know where all that came from, But never tweeted from my account. Yes people are in his ear. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:28pm
He grew up and learned to play football in Ireland and Ireland gave his family a better life, if he chooses Nigeria fair enough but England would be a Cu*t move and a disgrace imo. 

It was a post on facebook on Eire Guide page of a screenshot of a twitter message that was delted by your man O'Connor apparently.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 11 Apr 2021 at 5:29pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:04pm

Hi folks, 

It wasn’t a tweet. It was on Facebook. Someone using your name said that “money, agents and David Gold were in his ear”
El Puto Amo
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:11pm

Read the replies to the comment from Chris McDonagh. Jason O’Connors makes the remarks in there 
El Puto Amo
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He spent his formative years in Ireland. He's only been in England about 5 years. It's not a Michael Obafemi or Olamide Shodipo situation where he just happened to be born here during a transitory period in his parents lives.
12-18 would be important formative year's I'd say. He'd be legitimately qualified for three nations, though I suspect would have to wait to acquire a Brit passport. Our selling point is there is little competition to get in the team and he can break through quickly, he's not up against Iheanacho, Kane etc. No waiting around. I'm sure that swung it for Obafemi, who wan't brought up here at all, so same could prove true for Odupeko. I'm not sure sentiment comes much in to it sometimes when these decisions are made anyway.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:27pm
Was there a screenshot there and its gone now?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Read the replies to the comment from Chris McDonagh. Jason O’Connors makes the remarks in there 

Comments seems to have been deleted. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 7:14pm

I disagree with your logic there, Left Foot. It’s up to the individual to decide where they their allegiance lies. Even in a situation where you have one Irish parent and one from another country, that doesn't necessarily make you more committed than somebody with two parents born overseas.

On Odubeko, I honestly don’t care what he chooses. It’s up to him. Long way from being a good U23s striker and a good senior striker and we have a lot of players of equal, if not greater, promise coming through. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

He grew up and learned to play football in Ireland and Ireland gave his family a better life, if he chooses Nigeria fair enough but England would be a Cu*t move and a disgrace imo. 

It was a post on facebook on Eire Guide page of a screenshot of a twitter message that was delted by your man O'Connor apparently.
Yeah seen it on Facebook myself on the Eire Guide page as you said. Looks like they have been deleted now.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm

Dont know where all that came from, But never tweeted from my account. Yes people are in his ear. 

Were they your FB posts so ?  The now deleted ones with screenshot  ?  & why delete them  ?

Were people in his ear the reason for the U21 no show  ?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 329>
  Share Topic