You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Originally posted by Wes_Wanderers Wes_Wanderers wrote:

There is an unhealthy level of scepticism around first generation black players it seems. Obafemi's commitment has been constantly questioned even after he has played competitively at senior level, and doubts have been raised about Ogbene, Oko-flex, and Kayode even though they have all either affirmed their commitment of played for us. Sotona and Odubeko are the most recent subjects of this suspicion which seems to be based on very little, while Kioso has been written off altogether because there is some reference from a few years ago of him talking about DR Congo. It is all a bit peculiar really, especially as we have not lost any players from these backgrounds before. I suspect there will turn out to be nothing to these rumours as well.

Okoflex played for England, so a discussion regarding his commitment to Ireland was warranted.

He's really not good at this, is he?

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/02/dr-congo-secure-international-future-of-mk-dons-youngster-peter/

Kioso’s representatives, Joel Macadar and Nyakeh Alpha of Lev Entertainment, confirmed the player has opted to play for DR Congo internationally

“DR Congo contacted us about Peter and they came to watch him play for MK Dons in pre-season,” Macadar told HITC Sport.

“They came over to talk to him about playing for DR Congo and with Peter’s father being Congolese he has chosen to represent them.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Jan 2021 at 6:04pm
Sponsored Links

Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:15pm
You decended into this sort of sniping with the O'Shea too, it is just plain ridiculous at this stage. Let's try this again, what is there to doubt about Odubekos allegiance, or is it just a case of you confusing one black footballer with another as you did with Davinson Sanchez and Serge Aurier  yesterday?
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

There is an unhealthy level of scepticism around first generation black players it seems. Obafemi's commitment has been constantly questioned even after he has played competitively at senior level, and doubts have been raised about Ogbene, Oko-flex, and Kayode even though they have all either affirmed their commitment of played for us. Sotona and Odubeko are the most recent subjects of this suspicion which seems to be based on very little, while Kioso has been written off altogether because there is some reference from a few years ago of him talking about DR Congo. It is all a bit peculiar really, especially as we have not lost any players from these backgrounds before. I suspect there will turn out to be nothing to these rumours as well.

Okoflex played for England, so a discussion regarding his commitment to Ireland was warranted.

And now he is an Ireland under 19 player, so why the continued speculation? As has been said in the thread already, we are yet to miss out on a single first generation Irish player of African heritage, so why so much paranoia, it just seems misplaced.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:25pm

You decended into this sort of sniping with the O'Shea too, it is just plain ridiculous at this stage. Let's try this again, what is there to doubt about Odubekos allegiance, or is it just a case of you confusing one black footballer with another as you did with Davinson Sanchez and Serge Aurier  yesterday?

He purged his Instagram of Ireland photos and follows England's account but not Ireland for a start. Secondly, he was left out of the U17 finals squad which raises further questions.

Saying X person played for Y country's team once or twice isn't irrefutable proof they're going to play for Y country.

There were headbangers making similarly silly accusations about posters being racist if they questioned Jack Grealish and Declan Rice's allegiances in the past to try and stifle discussion about their commitment or lack thereof. It's quite tiresome.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Jan 2021 at 6:32pm
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He purged his Instagram of Ireland photos and follows England's account but not Ireland for a start. Secondly, he was left out of the U17 finals squad which raises further questions.

Saying X person played for Y country's team once or twice isn't irrefutable proof they're going to play for Y country.

There were headbangers making similarly silly accusations about posters being racist if they questioned Jack Grealish and Declan Rice's commitment in the past to try and stifle discussion about their allegiances or lack thereof. It's quite tiresome.

"Purged" for goodness sake LOL The type of language you use betrays your motives. I'll give you this, you would have made a good show trial prosecutor, because that is some top notch, copper fastened evidence you have got there! Really airtight and persuasive! LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:36pm
Confused
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:55pm

Confused

hotlips face when he is asked to pick between davidson sanchez and serrge aurier lol
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:59pm

There were headbangers making similarly silly accusations about posters being racist if they questioned Jack Grealish and Declan Rice's commitment in the past to try and stifle discussion about their allegiances or lack thereof. It's quite tiresome.

"Purged" for goodness sake LOL The type of language you use betrays your motives. I'll give you this, you would have made a good show trial prosecutor, because that is some top notch, copper fastened evidence you have got there! Really airtight and persuasive! LOL

His points are valid, I found them interesting, arguing over the language used is hardly going your argument any use 

This thread is descended into farce, consider it a warning to everyone on here to keep posts civil, on topic and free of abuse

442, that includes you 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:06pm
And I will add to Nvidics point, the poster who has reported a number of posts for the same reason will get a holiday if they keep spamming the function for such a trivial reason. We will deal with the issue as we see fit. Do you honestly think we have nothing better to do? f**king email hopping on the phone after a 12 hour shift in work ffs.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

His points are valid, I found them interesting, arguing over the language used is hardly going your argument any use 

This thread is descended into farce, consider it a warning to everyone on here to keep posts civil, on topic and free of abuse

442, that includes you 

You think that a player following the English FA on twitter is a valid reason to doubt they are committed to Ireland? And you fail to see the clear insinuation behind the use of charged language such as "purged"? Wow, I think that is quite incredible to be honest. Anyway, it is not the right place for it so I will leave it there
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

And I will add to Nvidics point, the poster who has reported a number of posts for the same reason will get a holiday if they keep spamming the function for such a trivial reason. We will deal with the issue as we see fit. Do you honestly think we have nothing better to do? f**king email hopping on the phone after a 12 hour shift in work ffs.
Where is this report buttonLOLNews to me...
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
Cry

Sorry Sham. It's just in the past I was told to use the report function when someone is using two sockpuppet accounts to spam across several threads with irritating nonsense instead of engaging with them.

I won't report any more posts.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Jan 2021 at 7:16pm
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:19pm
Seriously mate, get a grip. You can not accuse everyone of being someone else just because they disagreel with you. Perhaps the only poster who comes out with sillier stuff than you have is the one you're referring to, so give that a rest.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:19pm

Cry

Sorry Sham. It's just in the past I was told to use the report function when someone is using two sockpuppet accounts to spam across several threads with irritating nonsense instead of engaging with them.

One report is plenty and FYI we can see where every post comes from on each post so I have been watching it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:21pm

Cry

One report is plenty and FYI we can see where every post comes from on each post so I have been watching it.

Alright I didn't know that. Fair enough so. Thumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:23pm

Seriously mate, get a grip. You can not accuse everyone of being someone else just because they disagreel with you. Perhaps the only poster who comes out with sillier stuff than you have is the one you're referring to, so give that a rest.
It would appear he has a reasonable grip of it in fact. You have a choice to make now O’Shea as to which account you wish to use otherwise I will suspend them all. Let me know ASAP which one.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Where is this report buttonLOLNews to me...
You dont need to worry yourself with the trivial stuff bossThumbs Up
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:34pm
On him following the English FA I’d find it hard to read into it too much but who knows. 

If he ends up trying to declare for England then it speaks volumes. He was born and raised here and has Nigerian roots playing for any other country outside of them is absolutely shameful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 178179180181182 329>
  Share Topic