You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:30am
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Josh Barrett has left Reading despite having 18 months left on his contract. Came close to making the breakthrough on a few occasions but never quite happened for him.

Wonder will he come back to Ireland or drop down to L1 or L2? His previous loans weren't great but started season well, 7 apps 2 gls and an assist but just faded out of the picture for whatever reason

I think he’s born in England. Saw some rumours linking him with Bristol Rovers, but I would love to see him take a chance in the LOI
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:01am
U21 player Jack Taylor signs for Peterborough. Looks a right prospect. Hasnt had much gane time with 21s but some of the goals hes scored are outrages.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:23am
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

U21 player Jack Taylor signs for Peterborough. Looks a right prospect. Hasnt had much gane time with 21s but some of the goals hes scored are outrages.

He's the lad who scored the two goals when the U21's beat the seniors that day!
More on his move here:
https://www.the42.ie/jack-taylor-4955950-Jan2020/

Good move and here's hoping he makes the best of it.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:31am
It's gas how he moves for half a million quid, while players leave LOI clubs for pittance.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 11:27am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

It's gas how he moves for half a million quid, while players leave LOI clubs for pittance.
Is it? It would be based on his contract, which would be more secure than LOI contracts, and the fact he already has forty or fifty games in the football league. It is far less of a risk for Peterborough and his security at Barnet would mean they would need to be reimbursed.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is it? It would be based on his contract, which would be more secure than LOI contracts, and the fact he already has forty or fifty games in the football league. It is far less of a risk for Peterborough and his security at Barnet would mean they would need to be reimbursed.

Wouldn't this be a bit tenuous given he was in the league below and hasn't been at that level for 18 months? I can't say i know very much about the guy, but I would say going purely off his CV that he's as much an unknown quantity at that level than a LOI Ireland U21 player.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Wouldn't this be a bit tenuous given he was in the league below and hasn't been at that level for 18 months? I can't say i know very much about the guy, but I would say going purely off his CV that he's as much an unknown quantity at that level than a LOI Ireland U21 player.
I’m talking comparatively. It was a level below and you can assess his ability to play the number of games required and the level it is at, compared to someone coming from a shorter season in a league with huge variants in ability and professionalism. He also looked decent in the league below, many were surprised he hadn’t moved sooner, particularly when Barney went down.  I guess nobody matched his valuation by the club and was happy to stay in his hometown 
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 2:57pm
Until LoI clubs starting tying down young players to long-term 3-4 years contracts they never going to be in the strongest position to negotiate a decent fee. Also until LOI players stop being so hit and miss and show the standard of player to be of a more consistent quality they wont get a decent fee. Pat Hoban and  Graham Burke  stood out here but couldn't hack championship, l1 or l2. Likes of Doyle and Coleman did well as did Long. Then there is the likes of Horgan and Roy O'Donovan who while steady enough they didnt meet expectations, prove value for money and moved on without doing anything spectacular after either. Peterborough know the conference in a tough league and a lot of teams that go up to lge 2 go on to be promoted again within a year or 2, when relegated most teams struggle to get promoted straight away and a lot struggle in conference. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:26pm
Jamie McGrath and Conor McCarthy have signed for St. Mirren.
We're decent enough..
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Josh Barrett has left Reading despite having 18 months left on his contract. Came close to making the breakthrough on a few occasions but never quite happened for him.

Wonder will he come back to Ireland or drop down to L1 or L2? His previous loans weren't great but started season well, 7 apps 2 gls and an assist but just faded out of the picture for whatever reason

I think he’s born in England. Saw some rumours linking him with Bristol Rovers, but I would love to see him take a chance in the LOI

Bristol Rovers for undisclosed fee.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:06pm
Another player that could do with a move in my opinion is Preston North Ends Irish u19 international Adam O'Reilly. An unused sub in the fa cup defeat to Norwich. The twice winner of pne's scholar of the year award has had very limited opportunity at PNE. A move back to the LOI or there's a mention of a rumoured move to Bolton Wanderers would help him kick start his professional career.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:17pm

Another player that could do with a move in my opinion is Preston North Ends Irish u19 international Adam O'Reilly. An unused sub in the fa cup defeat to Norwich. The twice winner of pne's scholar of the year award has had very limited opportunity at PNE. A move back to the LOI or there's a mention of a rumoured move to Bolton Wanderers would help him kick start his professional career.

Loan would be no harm, same with Clark at Villa, Coventry and Scully.  Lads going on 20/21 need first team football
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 9:35am
Tyreke Wilson set to sign for Waterford FC from Man City. Massive drop for him
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Not a surprise though, he just hasn't progressed.
MonsterMob View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonsterMob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 11:54am
I know he switched allegiances, albeit at underage, butMarcus McGuane (Agyei-Tabi) looking to move from Barcelona.  
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:11pm

Not really - has only played a few games in the PL2 this season. Good move for him.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Not really - has only played a few games in the PL2 this season. Good move for him.
Surely a move from Man City to Waterford FC can never be described as a good move????
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Surely a move from Man City to Waterford FC can never be described as a good move????

It is if your not playing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 329>
  Share Topic