You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

The same Gary McKay who was 100% certain Declan Rice would play for us LOL
LOLLOL
I’ll have to review my sources 😆.
In fairness it was Rice’s father who told the FAI coaching staff that he wasnt deflecting.

PS emergency meeting took place on Sunday of the RDO’s at FAI HQ.

I almost feel if Okoflex and Johansson remain with us, their careers will be average at best and if they play for another country, they'll turn out to be superstars Cry

Case in point, Scott Hogan, Aiden McGeady & James McCarthy

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 17 Dec 2019 at 3:00pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 3:58pm

LOLLOL
In fairness it was Rice’s father who told the FAI coaching staff that he wasnt deflecting.

I almost feel if Okoflex and Johansson remain with us, their careers will be average at best and if they play for another country, they'll turn out to be superstars Cry

How?

Hogan would get nowhere near the England set-up. McGeady and McCarthy playing for a country that hasn't qualified for a tournament since 1998 was hardly going to make them superstars.

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

LOLLOL

How?

Hogan would get nowhere near the England set-up. McGeady and McCarthy playing for a country that hasn't qualified for a tournament since 1998 was hardly going to make them superstars.

I'm not applying logic. It's the curse of the Irish!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:52pm
Tom Hill playing for Liverpool tonight is on Ireland u18 squad according to the commentators on 5 live there 

He’s meant to be playing well tonight 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Tom Hill playing for Liverpool tonight is on Ireland u18 squad according to the commentators on 5 live there 

Number 16?
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 8:57pm
Interesting 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Number 16?

Not sure, I’m listening on the radio 
Google says he’s born in England 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 5:35am
Look at the skull on him, definitely a Mick

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/thomas-hill
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 8:40am
Will Oxoflex qualify for all the 'home' nations once the UK residency rules are satisfied?

From memory John Barnes was actually eligible for all 4 as he had secured UK residency and as the UK doesn't have a representative football team - he became eligible for all of them.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 8:50am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

Will Oxoflex qualify for all the 'home' nations once the UK residency rules are satisfied?

From memory John Barnes was actually eligible for all 4 as he had secured UK residency and as the UK doesn't have a representative football team - he became eligible for all of them.

No is the simple answer, there's plenty that has been wriiten on the forum as to why this is the case if you're interested enough to read back.
We're decent enough..
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:05am

Technically yes but there's a 'gentlemans agreement' not to pick players based on this. Maik Taylor was actually picked for NI because of this (no blood ties to NI), but they seem to have tightened up on this since. I would think the agreement allows for the player to play only for the country in which he attained the UK citizenship

Edit: Perhaps its not even technically possible anymore (see O'Sheas post above)

Edited by giveittochristie - 18 Dec 2019 at 9:07am
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Not looking good:-

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/daniel-mcdonnell-johansson-the-unfortunate-victim-of-a-rule-designed-with-other-targets-in-mind-38794893.html

Going over old ground here but i dont see how this would stand up to legal scrutiny. Surely there's hundreds of players in the same boat (former French youth players who go on to play for other countries etc). Callum Robinson is another example from our current squad too...

I don't expect the FAI to boot the bill in going to CAS though Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 10:44am
If Oxoflex was good enough to be England quality, he'd be forcing his way into the Celtic first team squad very soon I'd have thought, especially with their lack of depth in that area.

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 10:56am
Big smileLOLhe has potiental that's it.
Celtic played 4 games lately without a striker  sent a basically a development squad to Cluj and he wasn't within an asses roar of the squad. Do yourself a favour google Edourad.
Griff on the way back. 
Celtic play with one striker  at best he is 7th  and Celtic will get another striker in next month. 
Just because he played for England at underage means f**k all

Edited by Missy - 18 Dec 2019 at 10:59am
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 11:16am
My point is, and its a prediction, I don't think he's going to be good enough to play for England in a few years, so would be better playing for Ireland.
7th choice Celtic striker (as you put it) at 17 isn't going to get an England cap IMO

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 11:38am
He’ll be lucky enough to get into our squad if Parrott, Connolly, Obafemi and Idah continue their progress.

Celtic fans might know, is Okoflex even any better than Afolabi?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No is the simple answer, there's plenty that has been wriiten on the forum as to why this is the case if you're interested enough to read back.

Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 329>
  Share Topic