You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Reports Liverpool and other top clubs interested. 
I think taking a leaf out of Ferguson's book and not getting blinded by playing for a big club and having a much easier pathway would be best though.

Send them all to Brighton!!!!!!

Yeah don't think this can be said often enough. If they're interested it's definitely somewhere you should consider.

They've signed a few Bohs players in O'Hora, Ferguson, Mullins, and wouldn't be surprised if they show interest in James McManus either.

I'm not sure Brighton is the only club worth considering tbf lads. Yes they have lots of Irish lads there, but only one, Ferguson has made it through to the first team at this point in time (Moran has made it to the fringes in the cups) and he would likely have made it wherever he went.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Reports Liverpool and other top clubs interested. 
I think taking a leaf out of Ferguson's book and not getting blinded by playing for a big club and having a much easier pathway would be best though.

Send them all to Brighton!!!!!!

Yeah don't think this can be said often enough. If they're interested it's definitely somewhere you should consider.

They've signed a few Bohs players in O'Hora, Ferguson, Mullins, and wouldn't be surprised if they show interest in James McManus either.

I'm not sure Brighton is the only club worth considering tbf lads. Yes they have lots of Irish lads there, but only one, Ferguson has made it through to the first team at this point in time (Moran has made it to the fringes in the cups) and he would likely have made it wherever he went.

I was being tongue in cheek. Tbf Connolly probably would have with a screwed on head. Molumby got a nice springboard to make a good career for himself. Furlong is making strides too as is Moran. 

It’s no bad place to be. Agree about Ferguson but I doubt he would be playing so soon at another club I question would he be starting every week under Graham Potter if he was still at the club!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 10:49am
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023/0324/1366231-fai-condemn-racist-abuse-aimed-at-ireland-u15-boys/

Doesn't surprise me sadly. When I saw the team photo just knew it would upset the racist arseholes. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023/0324/1366231-fai-condemn-racist-abuse-aimed-at-ireland-u15-boys/

Doesn't surprise me sadly. When I saw the team photo just knew it would upset the racist arseholes. 

Yeah, sad to see in 2023.

The large amount of Brazilian, Nigerian and Polish immigrants will only yield a better pool of players over time. The current senior squad already has a big Nigerian presence.

We only have a few thousand Albanians, and have Ferizaj and Zefi as prospects from that small group.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The post made was by a rando crazy right wing account with an Israeli flag. Alot of those unionist trolls have the same thing. It won't shock me that most of these accounts turn out to be british nationalist types trying to stir up sh*te. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:58pm
Looks like the interest in Mason Melia is heating up.I thought he couldn’t go to England until he’s 18.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 2:48pm
U21 CB Bosun Lawal played and U19 international Ben Quinn scored twice in Celtic B's 3-1 derby victory over Rangers B at Ibrox yesterday.
Idah Dream!
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

U21 CB Bosun Lawal played and U19 international Ben Quinn scored twice in Celtic B's 3-1 derby victory over Rangers B at Ibrox yesterday.

Good to see Lawal recovered from his back injury that he picked up during the U-21s match.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 12:33pm
http://twitter.com/SRFCAcademy/status/1646211320302256206?s=20

Fantastic achievement. Robbie Keane's young lad was involved.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 7:11pm
Harry Vaughan has gone from being loaned out by non-league Oldham to starting in the Championship for Hull in the space of about three months. He is starting for them tonight.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Harry Vaughan has gone from being loaned out by non-league Oldham to starting in the Championship for Hull in the space of about three months. He is starting for them tonight.
Looks an extremely tidy player any time I’ve seen him 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 10:43pm
Didn’t see the game but by all accounts played okay. 

If he could end up as good as Bowen or Lewis Potter or even close to as good we’d take it. Long way to go for that of course.
connord96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connord96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2023 at 11:47pm
Very nice tidy technical player with low centre of gravity (dissimilar to most irish players), travels well with the ball. Just loses out with his height/weight a lot - any physical touch and he can’t cope. Can see him adapting into more of a central attacking role instead of out the left wing, could be a great asset for us in the future based on that debut tonight. If I was to compare his playing style to anyone I’d probably say an Eden hazard type with less of an ability to take on a man but with a greater work rate.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Glen McAuley signs for Pats. 

This lad now playing for Bluebell. From Liverpool youth stardom to playing LSL. What happened?

Failed to make the step up to mens football and ultimately found his level. Struggled in the first division with Shels and Athlone before ending up at Bluebell.

He’s now starting his career as a Jobstown rapper, lyrics include “having a J speeding down the M-away” whilst looking at his Rolex. Quite the change from Liverpool.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 8:00pm
Watching Wolves vs Palace u21s. Fun game for me as 3-0 Wolves. Hodge nearly scored but Noah Watson made a cracking save with his hand and conceded a pen and got a red card.  

Nathan Fraser (u19s) got the next two goals, two cracking finishes. Good to see him on the scoresheet he plays well almost everygame holding the ball up but is a victim of the other attacking players not putting in good deliveries or being too inidvidualistic. Nice assist from Joe Hodge for the 3rd too. https://twitter.com/WolvesAcademy/status/1650572422662475777?t=o9chYwOT89B6SW8E2Z9fMw&s=19

Tough game for the irish palace lads now.

Edit: Fraser hattrick!

Edited by SC92 - 24 Apr 2023 at 8:14pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 1:44pm
You just love to see it.

https://twitter.com/IrelandFootball/status/1651130645211389952

Finished 3-1 against the Czech Republic with the other two goals coming from St Pat's Michael Noonan who plays the ball in behind for Lee, and Cork City's Jaden Umeh whose the younger brother of U19s player Franco Umeh.

U15s are playing again today against Saudi Arabia in a tournament over in Italy. Think the semi finals and final are on the weekend.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 7:03pm

You just love to see it.

https://twitter.com/IrelandFootball/status/1651130645211389952

Finished 3-1 against the Czech Republic with the other two goals coming from St Pat's Michael Noonan who plays the ball in behind for Lee, and Cork City's Jaden Umeh whose the younger brother of U19s player Franco Umeh.

U15s are playing again today against Saudi Arabia in a tournament over in Italy. Think the semi finals and final are on the weekend.

Won the tournament this evening with a 2-1 win over hosts Italy.

We'd beaten the Saudis 3-1 and then Austria 1-0 in the semis before that.

Edited by Bandwagon - 01 May 2023 at 7:03pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:34am
That's some achievement winning the tournament with teams like Italy, mexico, Czech, Portugal all included. 

Future is looking bright 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 329>
  Share Topic