You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 12:11pm
Ike Orazi is still 15 or plays with the U16s I believe. Good to see Derbys McAndrew there as he looked tidy during the Victory Shield. Big lad for his age and if he fills out would be similar in build to Killian Phillips.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 3:46pm
I didn't realise James Furlong joined Motherwell on loan. I see he's on the bench for them as Dan Casey starts for Motherwell and Ryan Nolan for Raith in the cup. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 11 Feb 2023 at 3:46pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 4:19pm
Has been well off the pace in his first couple of games with Motherwell apparently, but hopefully he grows into it.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 2:02pm
Chilokoa-Mullen makes the bench for Leeds.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 2:11pm
Is he Irish?

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 2:12pm
Scottish underage international. No Irish eligibility I am aware of.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Has been well off the pace in his first couple of games with Motherwell apparently, but hopefully he grows into it.

I'd imagine the intensity of  the dogfight of the lower SPL will take some adjusting to after playing U21/PL2 fit the last three  years.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 3:53pm

Kevin Zefi looks like hes having fun at u18 level anyway. Very tidy feet. 

El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 4:42pm
It will be interesting to see what Zefi's path is from here. Inter Milan might be about the worst place he could be in terms of making a first team breakthrough. Even Wilfried Gnonto felt he had to get out of Inter to get first team experience, and he has eight senior Italy caps at 19 (He went to Switzerland and broke through at Zurich fairly quickly once he moved). So, if even he wasn't considered for senior football you'd wonder what hope Zefi has of getting a look in there.

Hopefully he doesn't end up stuck playing Primavera for years, from what I've seen he's a technically excellent player but would probably benefit from getting out and playing senior football sooner rather than later to see if he can translate the technical ability to the men's game.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 5:08pm
He only turned 18 a few days ago so no harm where hs is now training with top players of his age-group.
Maybe look at senior football next season, or even the season after that would be OK.

He could be a key man for our upcoming U19 Elite Phase qualifiers, so that will be a good metric of where he's at.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 5:13pm
Did I see somewhere that he is already training with the senior team?

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 14 Feb 2023 at 5:14pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 7:33pm
He should take a leaf out of Willy Gnontos book imo. Inter really dom't give youth a chance often.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 6:35pm
Franco Umeh made his debut for Palace U18s today and scored 2 in a 3-1 win over Arsenal U18s. This lad seems to have a bit about him.
Idah Dream!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:59pm
Made his debut last week, this was his first start
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 10:55am
A fairly in depth scouting report on Mason Melia here.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:40am
Reports Liverpool and other top clubs interested. 
I think taking a leaf out of Ferguson's book and not getting blinded by playing for a big club and having a much easier pathway would be best though.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

I think taking a leaf out of Ferguson's book and not getting blinded by playing for a big club and having a much easier pathway would be best though.

Send them all to Brighton!!!!!!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Send them all to Brighton!!!!!!

Yeah don't think this can be said often enough. If they're interested it's definitely somewhere you should consider.

They've signed a few Bohs players in O'Hora, Ferguson, Mullins, and wouldn't be surprised if they show interest in James McManus either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 306307308309310 329>
  Share Topic