You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Dara Costelloe has joined Bradford City on loan from Burnley.

Joined them last week and started over the weekend.

I was a little underwhelmed by that one. Started a few games atvthe beginning of the season and didnt look out of place. League 1 at the minimum i would have expected. Hope he does well there

Strange one yeah but it's only half a season so I guess they figured regular senior football is more important. Can assess again in the summer.

Bradford is fairly close to Burnley, so that could be a big factor if they want to keep an eye on him, could even get him back training with them 1 day a week.
Might want him to experience a promotion push too, rather than a mid/lower end League 1 slog.
Sponsored Links

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 12:36pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 6:09pm
Not on that list but St Pats' Billy Vance is on a weeks trial with Lyon. Aidan Fitzmaurice says Lyon have lined up a number of players to bring over on trial using French scouts based in Ireland.

Edited by J89 - 26 Jan 2023 at 6:09pm
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:13pm
Leslie Adekoya is an 18 year old striker who is 6'4. He was born in Ireland and scored against Leeds today for Accrington Stanley.
The only way is up
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:18pm
Don't know much about Adekoya but he's been getting minutes in League 1 in recent weeks. And now a goal in a high profile game against Premier League opposition. Might be an option for the Under 19s in the next phase of their Euros qualification campaign.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Leslie Adekoya is an 18 year old striker who is 6'4. He was born in Ireland and scored against Leeds today for Accrington Stanley.
looks like he scored with his first touch? Subbed on in the 81st min and scored in the 81st min
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:23pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

looks like he scored with his first touch? Subbed on in the 81st min and scored in the 81st min

Yeah Opta tweeted it was 38secs after coming on.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 6:23pm
Looked goodand could have had a second. 
Looks very good athletically too.Strong and fast
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:35am
Pinch of salt probably needed atm as the only source is football insider on twitter, but Serie A side Sassuolo submitted a bid for Luton Town and Ireland U19s Ed McJannet.

Edited by J89 - 30 Jan 2023 at 9:45am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:48am
With Lecce reported to be interested as well. Almost too random to make up and the source is Pete O'Rourke, who is usually quite reliable. Probably a reasonable chance he'd just end up sitting on the bench like Abankwah but maybe more chances for him as those are smaller Italian clubs than Udinese.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 10:09am
Should jump at the opportunity. Luton don't have an U21s and he doesn't make match day squads with the senior team. Not sure if they have a B team like Brentford do.

Unless another team in England with a better pathway to the senior team come in should jump at the chance for a couple of years.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 10:34am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

With Lecce reported to be interested as well. Almost too random to make up and the source is Pete O'Rourke, who is usually quite reliable. Probably a reasonable chance he'd just end up sitting on the bench like Abankwah but maybe more chances for him as those are smaller Italian clubs than Udinese.

Certain Serie A teams do seem to be focusing recruitment on the Scotiish/English/Irish leagues recently, so certainly it's not out of the question. I think Sassuolo already signed John Ryan from UCD?
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 11:32am

Probably doesn't even have an Irish Granny. Just turned up with that head on him and that mop of red hair talking like Sean Connery in Darby O'Gill and they said no other documentation was needed.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 12:19pm

O'Rourke reporting that Lecce are in advanced talks to McJannet.

Edited by J89 - 31 Jan 2023 at 12:20pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:19pm
McJannet having his medical this afternoon apparently, permanent move to Lecce confirmed subject to passing it.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:47pm
What are the chances Sean Moore declares for the republic? 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:54pm
Good, I think. West Ham are reported today to have put in a bid for him but there are many other clubs interested. Cliftonville will want him loaned back to them for the rest of the season if they accept a bid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 329>
  Share Topic