You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 11:22pm
In one of the more random Irish transfer rumours I've seen this summer Ollie O'Neill has been linked with a loan move to Croatian side Gorica. Apparently they have set up some kind of link up with Fulham so it would come about because of that.
Sponsored Links

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 3:50pm
Looks like Rocco Vata is with the Celtic senior squad for pre-season to Austria

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1543951567484755970
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Looks like Rocco Vata is with the Celtic senior squad for pre-season to Austria

He is about 2 weeks away from a move to Queens park so I presume
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 1:33pm
Is he Irish?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 2:01pm
Scottish born, Irish granny, like many Celtic supporters of Irish descent in the west of Scotland he seems to feel more of an affinity to the Irish team than the Scottish team. Eligible for Albania as well of course.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 2:17pm
From a Celtic point of view probably more interesting to keep an eye on Bosun Lawal during pre season though, he has travelled with them also. If any young Irish player was going to break through at Celtic in the near future it would probably be him.
connord96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connord96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 2:49pm
Seen Bosun Lawal play in a Celtic B team game V Rangers a few months ago and he looked terrible - uncomfortable on the ball, very slow and hesitant. Rocco Vatta on the other hand looked like he had something about him. Saying that, karamoko Dembele was a class above the rest and he has recently signed with Brest so who knows where the Irish lads will end up.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 3:35pm
Interview with Rocco in April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tfhHdDiarY
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 12:57pm
Full article dedicate to Trent Kone-Doherty on the Athletic: https://theathletic.com/3392298/2022/07/07/trent-kone-doherty-liverpool/

The journo was quick getting this line out of the way at the start:
As Trent Kone-Doherty’s mates at St Brigid’s College in Derry, Northern Ireland, walked out of the school gates last Thursday to begin their summer breaks, their fellow fifth-year was celebrating his 16th birthday with his family in Liverpool, the city he now calls home.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 11:22pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 10:37pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 4:47pm
Justin Ferizaj has extended his contract with Rovers until the end of the 2023 season. No release included going by reports.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:53pm
Tom Cannon and Jake O'Brien both reported to have League 1 teams interested in loaning them for the season. Should see a good few of the younger Irish players get loans at that level in the next few weeks.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 8:55pm
Albanian FA pushing hard for Justin Ferizaj to switch allegiances but he's turned them down according to Irish Propaganda.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:05pm
It would make no sense for him to switch at this point as he would be committed to Albania having used up his one switch. Having started with Ireland it would make more sense for him to stick with us at this point and if he falls short of the standard for us down the line he can always switch across to Albania at that point.

Incidentally that Twitter page is just taking that from Ferizaj's dad who was tweeting about it earlier. No doubt if they're chasing him they'll have been after Vata and Zefi too, but I'd be very surprised if any of the three switched unless it got to a point where they weren't making the grade with Ireland.

Edited by You Tell Me - 31 Jul 2022 at 9:11pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It would make no sense for him to switch at this point as he would be committed to Albania having used up his one switch. Having started with Ireland it would make more sense for him to stick with us at this point and if he falls short of the standard for us down the line he can always switch across to Albania at that point.

Incidentally that Twitter page is just taking that from Ferizaj's dad who was tweeting about it earlier. No doubt if they're chasing him they'll have been after Vata and Zefi too, but I'd be very surprised if any of the three switched unless it got to a point where they weren't making the grade with Ireland.

Pretty sure Stephen Carr has said before they've approached Zefi a couple of times about switching. Rocco Vata is probably asked anytime he's in Albania with his dad and meets the Albanian president
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:55pm
Yeah, the Albanians are notoriously proactive about sourcing eligible players. 

It's funny, there was a massive influx of Polish into the country when I was in secondary school, which would've been 16 years ago now, but you rarely hear of any young Irish footballers of Polish ancestry, so we haven't had to worry about them yet.

A decent amount of Brazilians in the Midlands as well, perhaps even longer than the Poles, but so far there haven't been any Fergalinho's coming through.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Yeah, the Albanians are notoriously proactive about sourcing eligible players. 

It's funny, there was a massive influx of Polish into the country when I was in secondary school, which would've been 16 years ago now, but you rarely hear of any young Irish footballers of Polish ancestry, so we haven't had to worry about them yet.

A decent amount of Brazilians in the Midlands as well, perhaps even longer than the Poles, but so far there haven't been any Fergalinho's coming through.

This is one with the Irish u16s, Donlan-Goncalves with Shamrock Rovers but from Midlands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 329>
  Share Topic