You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 274275276277278 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 12:14am
The guy who played in goal for QPR, with Kieren Westwood now out injured along with their other senior keepers, was one Murphy Mahoney. He's English.

Edited by Green Cockade - 30 Apr 2022 at 12:14am
Sponsored Links

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:33am
Wants to be called Murphy Cooper
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:36pm
Subbed on and off would suggest he got injured again though?
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Subbed on and off would suggest he got injured again though?

Or possibly making sure he doesn't pick up another injury
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:15pm
I notice Sinclair Armstrong's scored two on the bounce (2 in 3 overall) since joining Aldershot on loan.

No Luca Connell in the Queen's Park squad for their Scottish Championship playoff match yesterday. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 3:37pm
Norwich down 3-0 to West Ham at half time, they bring on Tony Springett (19, winger) for the second half for his PL debut.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Norwich down 3-0 to West Ham at half time, they bring on Tony Springett (19, winger) for the second half for his PL debut.

He sounds like an English blue-eyed soul singer from the eighties.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 5:05pm
His record at U23 level is pretty sound. Norwich a club that has been very good to Irish lads and young players in general so a chance he will breakthrough . Seems to be an old fashioned winger as such so Smith staying will suit him with the way he wants to play. 

Apparently played okay today will do his case no harm! 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 12:22pm
https://twitter.com/KennysKids/status/1523611842719141888

Ollie could be on the move with his contract up this summer. Spurs and West Ham showing interest.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 2:57pm
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/luke-turner-set-aberdeen-exit-26918406

Daily Record reporting that Luke Turner is on for a trial at Nottingham Forest. Interesting that the report states that he has been told he is free to leave when his deal expires at the end of the season. I think he's a 6 foot something, left legged, 19 year old centre half and earned young player of the year in the Irish League. Hopefully there is truth in the report. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:08am
Patrick Viera saying that Tayp Adaramola will be getting his PL debut before the end of the season. Don't know a whole lot about him but from the bits I've seen and read he could be one that will rise through the ranks very quickly. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:56am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Patrick Viera saying that Tayp Adaramola will be getting his PL debut before the end of the season. Don't know a whole lot about him but from the bits I've seen and read he could be one that will rise through the ranks very quickly. 

How many PL appearances by Irish players this season compared to other seasons, Tets? 

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

How many PL appearances by Irish players this season compared to other seasons, Tets? 

Had to look this up.
It's bad. Really bad.
As things stand, there's only been 138 appearances(96 starts + 42 introductions) by Irish players in the Premier League this season.
Before this season, the lowest total appearances was 2018-18, with 265(212s + 53i)
With two gameweeks left, it'll probably finish between 145 and 150 in total

West Brom and Sheffield United being relegated last season really cost us. In the 2020/21 season David McGoldrick, John Egan, Enda Stevens, Callum Robinson, and Dara O'Shea made 152 appearances between them. That'll be more than the entire Irish representation this season.

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 14 May 2022 at 12:35pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Had to look this up.
It's bad. Really bad.
As things stand, there's only been 138 appearances(96 starts + 42 introductions) by Irish players in the Premier League this season.
Before this season, the lowest total appearances was 2018-18, with 265(212s + 53i)

West Brom and Sheffield United being relegated last season really cost us. In the 2020/21 season David McGoldrick, John Egan, Enda Stevens, Callum Robinson, and Dara O'Shea made 152 appearances between them. That'll be more than the entire Irish representation this season.

Tiny crumbs of comfort from the fact that Springett, and now Adaramola, are going to bump up the amount of Irish players who've featured this season.

Could really do with SU getting promoted, though I can't see them retaining Hourihane or McGoldrick.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 May 2022 at 1:12pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 1:33pm

Had to look this up.
It's bad. Really bad.

Tiny crumbs of comfort from the fact that Springett, and now Adaramola, are going to bump up the amount of Irish players who've featured this season.

Could really do with SU getting promoted, though I can't see them retaining Hourihane or McGoldrick.

They've already confirmed McGoldrick is being released, and agree about them retaining Hourihane either. If they're promoted Josh Cullen could be a viable option for them this summer. Think they were one of the teams that were said to be watching him.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Had to look this up.
It's bad. Really bad.

They've already confirmed McGoldrick is being released, and agree about them retaining Hourihane either. If they're promoted Josh Cullen could be a viable option for them this summer. Think they were one of the teams that were said to be watching him.

Hourihane is a decent squad player for them, think they'll be happy enough to sign him on a free in the summer.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:58pm

Had to look this up.
It's bad. Really bad.

At least, if Adaramola does feature, it won't be our worst year in terms of number of players to feature, as that would bring us to 16, one more than 2018-19.

The breakdown of players is interesting though - seven over 30s and eight under 23s (nine if Adaramola plays). Not a single Irish player currently aged 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 or 29 has played in the Premier League this season. 

I suspect nine Irish under 23s playing in the league would actually represent a good year compared to others - maybe Tets has the numbers for that?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:05pm
I'll get back to you on that
If/when Adaramola plays, he'll be the fourth teenage Irish player to appear in the PL, after Omobamidele, Ferguson, and Springett. There was none last season.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 274275276277278 329>
  Share Topic