You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Cathal Heffernan now seemly on the verge of signing for AC Milan.
Mark McCadden tweeting that a move to Milan won't be happening
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Seen that there alright. Still, great to see him being linked to top European clubs..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 1:53pm
Probably a matter of time before he moves. Could lead the U17s to an international tournament this summer as captain. Would bring even more interest his way playing at the Euros.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

I see that Cathal Heffernan was shown wearing a Bayer Leverkusen kit. Pic posted by his management company.  Reported in the Examiner.
Still only 16, he turns 17 in April.
Looks like another top youngster heading abroad.

See Stephen Ireland had Mark O'Mahony and Luke O'Brien over in Germany recently too
Luke o Brien born 2005,went from Rovers to Pats last year?

Yup, he's signed to Stephen Ireland's agency.

People pay that looper to advise them?
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:03pm
AC Milan would be brilliant. Have we ever had a player with that club?
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:25pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:42pm
Don't really get the excitement around an Irish youth player possibly moving to AC Milan. Not sure how it's any different to moving to Arsenal or Spurs, which is where these players would be going if it wasn't for Brexit. Looks like it's not happening now anyway but I don't know that the path to first team football is any easier in Serie A than it is in the EPL, those sides are conservative enough in terms of promoting youth talent to the first team.

Possibly different if players are going to France or Germany but seeing them going to the under 17s of big Serie A teams doesn't seem like that much of a positive thing necessarily.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:47pm
He’s not gonna be joining AC 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 5:41pm
Decent loan move for Calum Kavanagh to League 2 Harrogate.

Plenty of young Irish strikers in first team contention around England this season anyway:

Idah - Norwich
Connolly - Middlesbrough
Obafemi - Swansea
Parrott - MK Dons
Scully - Lincoln
Kayode - Rotherham
Odubeko - Doncaster
Kavanagh - Harrogate
Drinan - Leyton Orient

And Ferguson not too far away at Brighton also.

Edited by You Tell Me - 28 Jan 2022 at 5:57pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 6:27pm
Looking forward to seeing how Kavanagh goes. Sinclair Armstrong might get out to League Two as well before the window closes. 

As an aside, former Irish youth player Louie Barry has signed on loan for Swindon in League Two from Villa. He spent the first half of the season at Ipswich and barely featured at all. 
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Don't really get the excitement around an Irish youth player possibly moving to AC Milan. Not sure how it's any different to moving to Arsenal or Spurs, which is where these players would be going if it wasn't for Brexit. Looks like it's not happening now anyway but I don't know that the path to first team football is any easier in Serie A than it is in the EPL, those sides are conservative enough in terms of promoting youth talent to the first team.

Possibly different if players are going to France or Germany but seeing them going to the under 17s of big Serie A teams doesn't seem like that much of a positive thing necessarily.

Tbf people would be getting excited if he was going to England too. Bazunu got the same excitement when he was going to City
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:31pm
Surprised at the Kavanagh loan and must be Boro looking to see how he takes to senior football. They've got Coburn in the seniors who was in the U18s with him last year and Kavanagh is still U18s.

If he shows he can handle the physicality of senior football could see him on Wilder's radar. Apart from Coburn they've only got one senior striker in Ikpeazu whose not on loan.

Edited by J89 - 28 Jan 2022 at 8:32pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 11:30pm

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Seen that there alright. Still, great to see him being linked to top European clubs..

Looks like this move could be back on again..
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 12:09am
Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

Tbf people would be getting excited if he was going to England too. Bazunu got the same excitement when he was going to City
😂😂you had me confused there
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 2:21pm

Plenty of young Irish strikers in first team contention around England this season anyway:

Idah - Norwich
Connolly - Middlesbrough
Obafemi - Swansea
Parrott - MK Dons
Scully - Lincoln
Kayode - Rotherham
Odubeko - Doncaster
Kavanagh - Harrogate
Drinan - Leyton Orient

Out of that lot Connolly, Parrott, Scully and Odubeko all starting today. Obafemi, Kayode, Kavanagh and Drinan all on the bench for their clubs.

No Idah (or Ferguson) today as the Premier League is on the mid season break.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm

Idah - Norwich
Connolly - Middlesbrough
Obafemi - Swansea
Parrott - MK Dons
Scully - Lincoln
Kayode - Rotherham
Odubeko - Doncaster
Kavanagh - Harrogate
Drinan - Leyton Orient

Out of that lot Connolly, Parrott, Scully and Odubeko all starting today. Obafemi, Kayode, Kavanagh and Drinan all on the bench for their clubs.

No Idah (or Ferguson) today as the Premier League is on the mid season break.

Strange to see Drinan not start with Paul Smyth, who fluttered his eyelashes at us, ahead of him. Drinan has 10 goals in the league. Smyth has none. Might just be a rest or a niggle. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:26pm
Ross Tierney starts for Motherwell.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 7:03pm
Heffernan seems to be heading to Milan for a 6 month loan/trial with AC. Doesn't exactly sound as though Milan are falling over themselves here to get him in given they could have him permanently now for around €50k.

Some of the comments online today about Heffernan Vs Zefi in a Milan derby in a few years seem a bit optimistic to put it mildly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 329>
  Share Topic