You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LOL at the lad who took over Kenny's Kids having "sources" when he's not even a journalist and he's only been running that Twitter page for a few months.

It was bought by PunditArena, it's one of their journalists that's running the page now
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 4:09pm
We have a few lads playing football at Premier League 2  (U23 level). Here's a run down from the weekend based on league placings at the moment

1. West Ham - Armstrong Oko-flex seems a very regular starter
2. Arsenal - Mazeed Ogungbo plays CB most weeks
3. Tottenhan -
4. Man City -
5. Crystal Palace - Jake O Brien captains team at CB and Tayo Adaramola plays LB
6. Brighton - James Furlong plays LB, Andrew Moran Att Mid. Normally Evan Ferguson CF but he was missing this week for some reason.
7. Man United
8. Liverpool
9. Chelsea
10. Everton - Tom Cannon starting upfront
11. Leicester City - Shane Flynn on the bench this week
12. Leeds United -
13. Blackrburn -
14. Derby - Eirin Cashin playing CB and Louie Watson in midfield

Edited by greenshoots - 29 Nov 2021 at 4:10pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 7:58pm
Finn on the bench for Getafe's cup game tonight.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 3:23pm
Good to see 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 4:25pm
His younger brother Brendan Finn who is also with Getafe made his u15 debut in today's nil all with Mexico, wasn't in original squad. Good to see.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 1:00pm
Brighton U23's playing today. No Andrew Moran, who scored last week, and no Evan Ferguson for the 2nd game in a row. Is he injured?
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:44pm
on my football manager save Andrew Moran was a 100m Bayern Munich player in a few years time for what it is worth! Obafemi had an early retirement and Bazunu at PSG
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 7:02pm
4 goals in 9 league games for Connell now.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 9:37pm

wtf is the story with Connell . Was quality for Bolton in championship 3years ago . Was in Irish senior squad .Looked quality in pre season for Celtic last 2 years z. Hasn’t got a sniff 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

wtf is the story with Connell . Was quality for Bolton in championship 3years ago . Was in Irish senior squad .Looked quality in pre season for Celtic last 2 years z. Hasn’t got a sniff 

Technically capable player but possibly just too slow to make it at a high level. The Bolton thing possibly made him look better than he was as they were having to pick kids at the time.

Moving to Celtic didn't help either though, if he had stayed in England he could at least have gotten better loans to find his level. A complete waste of time playing for Queens Park, it's no better a standard than the LoI first division.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Technically capable player but possibly just too slow to make it at a high level. The Bolton thing possibly made him look better than he was as they were having to pick kids at the time.

Moving to Celtic didn't help either though, if he had stayed in England he could at least have gotten better loans to find his level. A complete waste of time playing for Queens Park, it's no better a standard than the LoI first division.

Have to agree with that.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 11:21am
Just to put into context the level of football that Connell is currently playing at...

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Just to put into context the level of football that Connell is currently playing at...

We may get him capped
England might nick him 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 7:39pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Evan Ferguson close to first team squad involvement according to this article: https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/he-hasnt-had-a-lot-of-game-time-but-the-boy-is-game-norwich-boss-on-adam-idah-41120681.html

Ferguson wasn't in the u23 Brighton team but may have been on standby for the seniors. Some going if there's some truth to it.

Ferguson and Moran are probably two of the hottest irish talents at the moment. 

I should add non-defensive talents seeing as Omobamidele, Collins, bazunu, kelleher and oshea look pretty good.

Ferguson has a thigh injury that's kept him out of recent U23s games.

https://twitter.com/RepTracker/status/1466784467935244304

Edited by Greenie50 - 06 Dec 2021 at 9:24pm
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 5:11pm
CJ Egan Reilly is on the bench for Man City in the Champions League.

I never heard of him, but Newstalk mentioned he is Ireland-eligible. Wikipedia says he is 18, a defender, eligible for Ireland, and represented Ireland in the 2018 Victory Shield (although he has represented England as well at every level from under 15 to under 19.

🤷‍♂️👍
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

CJ Egan Reilly is on the bench for Man City in the Champions League.

I never heard of him, but Newstalk mentioned he is Ireland-eligible. Wikipedia says he is 18, a defender, eligible for Ireland, and represented Ireland in the 2018 Victory Shield (although he has represented England as well at every level from under 15 to under 19.

🤷‍♂️👍
Republic of Ireland v Northern Ireland - U16 Victory Shield - 1609728 -  Sportsfile

The only way is up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 5:41pm
Egan-Riley is English as things stand. A bit like Liam Delap, he's one of those that might come back on the radar if his career doesn't go as well as he might hope, but other than that he would be intending to play for England.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 329>
  Share Topic