Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 329>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Andrew Moran, Evan Ferguson and Leigh Kavanagh all about 17 playing for Brighton now that Moran and Kavenagh have signed professional contracts. 

So a defender, midfielder and forward all learning their trade together can only be a good thing, especially as Moran and Ferguson are probably our most outstanding players in that age group.

We've seen this all before. Not a sh!t will I give about any young player until they prove it at senior level.

I understand that you've been hurt in the past Banjaxed, and as a result this has made you withdraw within yourself. But that moran lad looks a bit special.

You probably never heard of him until this week LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:34am
Anyone who has been following our younger players to any extent will have heard of Andrew Moran by now, he has been one of our standout underage players in England in the last year. Whether that will translate into any success for him at senior level remains to be seen though. Unless he gets a surprise loan out of Brighton we're unlikely to find out for at least another year.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Andrew Moran, Evan Ferguson and Leigh Kavanagh all about 17 playing for Brighton now that Moran and Kavenagh have signed professional contracts. 

So a defender, midfielder and forward all learning their trade together can only be a good thing, especially as Moran and Ferguson are probably our most outstanding players in that age group.

We've seen this all before. Not a sh!t will I give about any young player until they prove it at senior level.

I understand that you've been hurt in the past Banjaxed, and as a result this has made you withdraw within yourself. But that moran lad looks a bit special.

You probably never heard of him until this week LOL

Yeah, so I've mentioned him a few times on this thread, in terms of highly rated potential Moran, Ferguson and Zefi look like the main stand out players (there are more) in that age group 16/17.

But as said on here already, potential is one thing, realising it is another.

Some of the clips of Moran look really technically fantastic, you can see a few on Kennys kids. Admittedly I've only seen clips though, I've never seen his play a whole game.

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:10am
Look at Glen McAuley for an example the lad looked unplayable at u18 Level, one of the top scorers of all time in U18 PL history, now he playing for Athlone after not being able to get a game at Pats, Bohs and Shels. Senior level is a completley different ball game .

Edited by JoxerDaly - 27 Jul 2021 at 11:10am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:43am
It'll be interesting to see how Ferguson develops physically, and how he handles more physical players. He's been so much bigger than the majority of the players he's played against. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:51am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It'll be interesting to see how Ferguson develops physically, and how he handles more physical players. He's been so much bigger than the majority of the players he's played against. 

It’s very hard to know. Idah and Afolabi came under this category Idah has taken to senior football reasonably well Afolabi hasn’t quite got to grips with it yet. 

I am very excited about all the young talent and I get excited it’s not that I think all of them will make it plenty won’t it’s just with the sheer volume/numbers of young talent 99-05 born now you could include that year group Zefi Mcgloughlin Nzingo Vata already making waves. 

By sheer numbers of talented young players there’s every chance we will have 2/3 top top class ones and at least another 6/10 proper PL standard players (think Long/Brady) who will spend 70% plus of their careers in the top flight to go war with in 5/6 years time. 

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Jul 2021 at 11:52am
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:57am

Well he’s playing U23 at brighton and doing well against grown men. It will be interesting to see how he develops though
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Well he’s playing U23 at brighton and doing well against grown men. It will be interesting to see how he develops though

And at 16 you'd imagine he'll grow a bit more in the next couple of years.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

And at 16 you'd imagine he'll grow a bit more in the next couple of years.

Pretty sure I kept growing well into my twenties.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Look at Glen McAuley for an example the lad looked unplayable at u18 Level, one of the top scorers of all time in U18 PL history, now he playing for Athlone after not being able to get a game at Pats, Bohs and Shels. Senior level is a completley different ball game .
He was a 1 in 2 player at u18s level. It’s good but not particularly great and nowhere near one of the top scorers of all time. The likes of Mason Greenwood, Charlie McNeill and many other actual top and unplayable forwards scored a goal a game at u18s. The fact McAuley played 46 u18s matches before being promoted says it all. He was also complete sh*te at u23s. There was nothing particularly great about his youth career even. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 2:23pm
McAuleys issues was his attitude and lifestyle, got his head turned by the money in the game caring more about showing off his flash cars and tracksuits than his football ability.

Hopefully now thats beginning to dry up and at his age now with a kid himself he might have a bit more cop on and get the head down because at his rate of clubs hes going through here he wont even make a career out of it in the LOI.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

McAuleys issues was his attitude and lifestyle, got his head turned by the money in the game caring more about showing off his flash cars and tracksuits than his football ability.

Hopefully now thats beginning to dry up and at his age now with a kid himself he might have a bit more cop on and get the head down because at his rate of clubs hes going through here he wont even make a career out of it in the LOI.
If you have a look at his Instagram I don’t he’s changed too much! 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Some clown. Imagine playing for Athlone Town and turning up to training in tacky €1k runners LOL

Edited by Bandwagon - 27 Jul 2021 at 5:12pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

He was a 1 in 2 player at u18s level. It’s good but not particularly great and nowhere near one of the top scorers of all time. The likes of Mason Greenwood, Charlie McNeill and many other actual top and unplayable forwards scored a goal a game at u18s. The fact McAuley played 46 u18s matches before being promoted says it all. He was also complete sh*te at u23s. There was nothing particularly great about his youth career even. 

Not when you consider Andrew Moran scored 11 goals in 23 games for an attacking midfielder. Throw his assists in there and he's contributed to a goal every game he's played in his first season.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Some clown. Imagine playing for Athlone Town and turning up to training in tacky €1k runners LOL

Might be the next project player for Stephen Bradley to straighten out their career
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:38pm
Just watched the first half of the Bournemouth pre season with Chelsea.

Both kilkenny and Travers starting, Travers not too busy but makes a good save from close range he otherwise looks comfortable.

Kilkenny playing a holding midfield role (i had no idea he played there too) and looking ok. He's won a few really good tackles and used the ball well and always looking for the ball. 

It's difficult to say if anyone Is standing out in the game as its one of those games where all the Bournemouth players are playing a 6/10.

Edited by Left foot - 27 Jul 2021 at 8:39pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:35pm
Both Travers and kilkenny play the full 90 vs Chelsea in a 2-1 lose. 

Travers had a good game with one moment where he was closed down by a Chelsea forward when the ball was backpassed to him and he was almost caught out badly. Couldn't do anything for Chelseas 2 goals as the defending was very poor.

Kilkenny was one of Bournemouths best players in that second half, thought he did really well in the game you'd expect Chelsea to dominate. He showed some really good energy, always showed for the ball and moved it quickly, this was the best I've seen him play. I know its pre season and you take these games with a pinch of salt but I can see him getting some proper  game time this season. 

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 11:12am
Goal and assist for Andrew Moran in yesterday's u23 Brighton team according to kennys kids on twitter.

This guy might need his own thread soon enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 329>
  Share Topic