You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Connell must surely be carrying a knock or something. New manager named him in their 23 man squad for the qualifiers and pretty sure he qualifies for the B list so didn't need to take up one of the 23 spaces.
Yeah Connell must be injured as he didn’t feature in the squads for the last two pre season games either I think. 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 6:41am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Celtic's 13-man bench tonight, containing a lot of youth players still has no place for O'Connor or Connell. Can't blame Lennon for this one guys. They're not good enough.

This is it isn’t it. No big deal however they do need to find loan moves again with this the case. I wonder would Goodwin at St Mirren fancy taking either of the lads on loan? 

Alternatively, they could try and work hard and earn their way into the squad? - the Celtic squad isn't exactly heavy on talented on players at the moment.

There is not too much between O'Connor and Ralston for example.

It's still early days.

If anything they're likely to fall further down the pecking order as Celtic bring in more players. I've seen enough of O'Connor at this stage to see why he's not getting picked - he's nowhere near good enough at this point in time. He's either going to have to go the long road down the lower leagues and try to get back to a higher level later in his career as many others have done, or else he is just not going to make it unfortunately. Good underage player but hasn't kicked on since.

Not sure what the story is with Connell - lack of pace remains a concern with him but maybe there's a current injury issue. Needs a good loan anyway but it's hard to get a good loan from Celtic as the younger players there have no profile with English clubs and there aren't many good loans going in Scotland. He has lost two years of his career there already that could have been spent improving his game in somewhere like League 1, possibly he can come back from that but the damage might already be done.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 12:50pm
Connell looked top quality when I watched him I wouldnt be surprised if an injury or knock kept him out.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 8:23pm
West ham preseason sees conor Coventry and Okoflex start and Odubeko on the bench.

Looks like Coventry has just scored his second preseason goal. Would be good if all get loan moves.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

West ham preseason sees conor Coventry and Okoflex start and Odubeko on the bench.

Looks like Coventry has just scored his second preseason goal. Would be good if all get loan moves.

Looking at pre season there’s every chance with Europa etc Coventry will get a run. Seems to be getting consistent gametime and they are not exactly chock full of midfielders. 

Edited by kevin100 - 21 Jul 2021 at 9:27pm
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:49am
Looks like Oko-flex is impressing West Ham fans with his pre-season showings so far....

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 7:33pm
I see one time highly rated prospect on this thread Glen McAuley has rocked up at Athlone, his fourth LoI club since being released by Liverpool two years ago. Shows again how steep the fall can be when the Premier League dream doesn't work out - something a few other prospects who have maybe taken their relative success to this point for granted would do well to remember.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 7:42pm
Paul McShane has signed as player-coach for Man United u23s. Could turn out to be a good prospectTongue
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:31pm
Gary Dicker did similar with Brighton u23s
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I see one time highly rated prospect on this thread Glen McAuley has rocked up at Athlone, his fourth LoI club since being released by Liverpool two years ago. Shows again how steep the fall can be when the Premier League dream doesn't work out - something a few other prospects who have maybe taken their relative success to this point for granted would do well to remember.
I thought he was an entrepreneur now not a footballer.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Paul McShane has signed as player-coach for Man United u23s. Could turn out to be a good prospectTongue

One of many Irish players, North and South, to come through at United. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A completely different level to what he was at but he scored a hat-trick tonight. Lobbed the keeper from tip-off in 123rd minute to take the game to penos. Now why the keeper is caught off his line from a tip-off in the last minute of the game is another story. Final score was 4-4. Athlone lost 4-2 on penos.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:49pm
Andrew Moran, Evan Ferguson and Leigh Kavanagh all about 17 playing for Brighton now that Moran and Kavenagh have signed professional contracts. 

So a defender, midfielder and forward all learning their trade together can only be a good thing, especially as Moran and Ferguson are probably our most outstanding players in that age group.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:55pm

Andrew Moran, Evan Ferguson and Leigh Kavanagh all about 17 playing for Brighton now that Moran and Kavenagh have signed professional contracts. 

So a defender, midfielder and forward all learning their trade together can only be a good thing, especially as Moran and Ferguson are probably our most outstanding players in that age group.

We've seen this all before. Not a sh!t will I give about any young player until they prove it at senior level.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:56pm
yes delighted to see the three young lads get pro contracts. Super prospects and maybe not far off making an impact, best of luck lads!
The coaching and recruitment staff at Brighton are doing a great job bringing Irish talent through 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

We've seen this all before. Not a sh!t will I give about any young player until they prove it at senior level.

I understand that you've been hurt in the past Banjaxed, and as a result this has made you withdraw within yourself. But that moran lad looks a bit special.

Edited by Left foot - 26 Jul 2021 at 10:19pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:08pm

Evan Ferguson is 16 I think. James Furlong played for the first team in pre season the other day also. Quite a big Irish contingent at the club. Hopefully a few of them will breakthrough like Connolly. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:35pm

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I understand that you've been hurt in the past Banjaxed, and as a result this has made you withdraw within yourself. But that moran lad looks a bit special.
Everyone can look special when so obviously better than the young age group they are playing in.

Troy was obviously far too good when playing with lads his age. Senior level a different story. 

There will be no grey area when genuine talent comes along. Talent that can compete consistently at the top level. We'll ALL know and there will be no debate.

Edited by Banjaxed - 26 Jul 2021 at 11:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 329>
  Share Topic