You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 6:38pm
Yeah, our best young kids seem especially prone to tailing off. There seems to be a lot of injuries, mental health problems, “lifestyle issues” and just bad luck with our real big prospects. Maybe the others thrive away from the pressure of big clubs.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 7:53pm
Second league appearance of the season for Festy Ebosele tonight.

Jason Knight was an unused sub.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

They need to stay up from our point of view with 3 young irish players
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

They need to stay up from our point of view with 3 young irish players

Yes we could do with them staying up big time. If they go down Knight along with Bird Sibley even one or two others as well will no doubt be sold. 

Watson and Ebosele hopefully might break into the side regardless of them going up or down.

Edited by kevin100 - 16 Apr 2021 at 8:13pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:00pm
I see Jason father was lucky to survive cardiac arrest on Paddys day, might explain his loss in form.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

I see Jason father was lucky to survive cardiac arrest on Paddys day, might explain his loss in form.

God that’s awful. Hope he’s okay. Knight has played a lot of football too this year for a kid. The way he plays too he puts proper effort in. 

I’m actually not disappointed to see him miss out the last 2 games. The two week break from games might do him no harm freshen him up. A sneaky suspicion he might start the game against Preston midweek. 
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Yeah, our best young kids seem especially prone to tailing off. There seems to be a lot of injuries, mental health problems, “lifestyle issues” and just bad luck with our real big prospects. Maybe the others thrive away from the pressure of big clubs.

They're not especially prone to tailing off relative to other nations. The majority of talented underage players do not up end up playing at the top level. We just produce less players so it feels like a higher percentage of them don't make it.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 1:36pm
15th goal of the season for Anthony Scully. 
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 2:38pm
Any idea what has happened to Ryan Cassidy? Seemed to feature a lot at start of year but never even on the bench these days.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:41pm
Cassidy has been out injured most of the season. 
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Cassidy has been out injured most of the season. 

Ah ok. Good to hear - not that he is injured but that he hasn’t been deemed below the required standard 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:07pm
He started in the side but was not getting in for a while before the injury. He wasn't scoring regularly.  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 4:59pm
That's true - he wasn't a huge success there before the injury.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:04pm
Conor Grant getting great reviews at Rochdale these days. Doing very well in League 1 at 19. Will probably have to drop a division next season as Rochdale have a lot of ground to make up in their remaining games but Grant looks to have adapted really well to senior football either way.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:37pm
Rare start for Afolabi tonight.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 6:46pm

Rare start for Afolabi tonight.

The way you phrase things... I’m honestly starting to think you might be my wife 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:03pm
Hotlips I mean this in the best possible way but you need to get a life bud.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:32pm
5th and 6th goals of the season from Peter Kioso against Ipswich. Not bad for a RB.

Up in the air as to what his Intl allegiances are, though.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 20 Apr 2021 at 7:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 329>
  Share Topic