You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 9:35pm
So many promising kids do not make it for one reason or another, sometimes bad decisions are a major factor. Look at Ireland underage winger Nathan Tormey, who turned down a new three year contract at Arsenal last summer and hasn't had a club since, though he did have an unsuccessful trial at Rangers in September. No guarantees how any young player is going to turn out so maybe too early to worry about Odubeko.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

No way he moved at 12/13. I saw him play for Crumlin and he then went on to join Joeys. 
He moved over in the summer of 2015, he was 12. 
How do you know this?
I know academy coaches at City and United. He moved over in2015 and was with City for a short while before switching to United. 
There was an article from the 42 that says he was first  spotted playing for an Ireland u15 selection,whilst a Joeys player. So no way he was 12
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:44pm
You almost feel that if he declares for England, he'll turn turn to be a very good Premier League striker. Such is our luck at the moment 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:53am

No way he moved at 12/13. I saw him play for Crumlin and he then went on to join Joeys. 
How do you know this?
I know academy coaches at City and United. He moved over in2015 and was with City for a short while before switching to United. 
There was an article from the 42 that says he was first  spotted playing for an Ireland u15 selection,whilst a Joeys player. So no way he was 12

Your the42 article linked so you can actually read what it says.

After his u13s SFAI cup win, which happened in 2015, he moved to Manchester in anticipation of joining City. How old was he in 2015? 12. He eventually got clearance to join United in 2016, which made him how old? 13. 

An "effectively u15s south of Ireland XI doesn't tell you how old he was. Citing an u13s finals match which was in 2015 and his joining of Manchester United in 2016 tells you exactly how old he was. 12. So, yes way he was 12 when he moved to Manchester. 

I've told you multiple time now that he moved to Manchester at 12, even gave you the specific time of year that he did. If you refuse to accept facts then frankly I don't care, believe he moved whenever the feck you want. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:29am

How do you know this?

Your the42 article linked so you can actually read what it says.

After his u13s SFAI cup win, which happened in 2015, he moved to Manchester in anticipation of joining City. How old was he in 2015? 12. He eventually got clearance to join United in 2016, which made him how old? 13. 

An "effectively u15s south of Ireland XI doesn't tell you how old he was. Citing an u13s finals match which was in 2015 and his joining of Manchester United in 2016 tells you exactly how old he was. 12. So, yes way he was 12 when he moved to Manchester. 

I've told you multiple time now that he moved to Manchester at 12, even gave you the specific time of year that he did. If you refuse to accept facts then frankly I don't care, believe he moved whenever the feck you want. 
LOLgood lad! 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 8:09am
someone update the forum rivalries page quick 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 9:11am

BSMs integrity has to be called into question after this revelation. I’m starting to doubt whether he even is the main moderator on this site. I don’t know what to believe anymore Cry
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:04am
LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 10:05am
Fair play to a 12year old playing for an U15 national selection Clap
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:16pm
A lot of idle speculation being posted about Odubeko. He is Irish-born, he has already played underage football for us, he was even called up for the squad last month, but West Ham wouldn't let him leave. 

There is literally no indication that he is going to shift allegiance for England. For a start, he's only played a few senior minutes, and he's not likely to get close to an English team that has such great strength in depth. Just look at his club mate Antonio. He's banging the goals in and he hasn't gotten a single cap. 

Very confident all this noise will blow over soon enough when the lad starts playing first team football and he goes straight into the senior team early next season.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:27pm

If this site didn’t have idle speculation and blind panic then what would we have?
El Puto Amo
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

If this site didn’t have idle speculation and blind panic then what would we have?

And the two of those to lists and you've got the three main pillars of ybig in normal times. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

A lot of idle speculation being posted about Odubeko. He is Irish-born, he has already played underage football for us, he was even called up for the squad last month, but West Ham wouldn't let him leave. 

There is literally no indication that he is going to shift allegiance for England. For a start, he's only played a few senior minutes, and he's not likely to get close to an English team that has such great strength in depth. Just look at his club mate Antonio. He's banging the goals in and he hasn't gotten a single cap. 

Very confident all this noise will blow over soon enough when the lad starts playing first team football and he goes straight into the senior team early next season.

There's literally no indication that he wants to play for Ireland. He's continuously pulled out of squads for no reason. He can't be arsed to maintain a line of communication with the U-21 manager. He's made precisely no public statements about representing Ireland at underage level.

He follows England on social media and not Ireland, and has apparently told people in candid conversation that he is strongly leaning towards an England call-up, if possible.

Add all these things together and it would take a slow-witted or disingenuous person to think he's not harbouring thoughts of representing England.

There's an immediate precedent for this in Armstrong Okoflex, so it bewilders me why people get so defensive about it.

We're probably going to have to get used to it and try to understand it, if not endorse it. There are going to be eligible footballers with two sets of parents who're not Irish; some will feel Irish, some won't.

And please don't gatekeep someone's nationality because they once played an underage match for us. Patrick Bamford played for us at U18 level for Christ's sake.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

There's literally no indication that he wants to play for Ireland. He's continuously pulled out of squads for no reason. He can't be arsed to maintain a line of communication with the U-21 manager. He's made precisely no public statements about representing Ireland at underage level.

He follows England on social media and not Ireland, and has apparently told people in candid conversation that he is strongly leaning towards an England call-up, if possible.

Add all these things together and it would take a slow-witted or disingenuous person to think he's not harbouring thoughts of representing England.

There's an immediate precedent for this in Armstrong Okoflex, so it bewilders me why people get so defensive about it.

We're probably going to have to get used to it and try to understand it, if not endorse it. There are going to be eligible footballers with two sets of parents who're not Irish; some will feel Irish, some won't.

And please don't gatekeep someone's nationality because they once played an underage match for us. Patrick Bamford played for us at U18 level for Christ's sake.
Okoflex has played for Ireland more recently than England
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Okoflex has played for Ireland more recently than England

As far as I know, he only started playing for us again because he couldn't play for England under the current rules. Again, it was plainly evident he would've played for England if he was entitled to.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:23pm
HH on players born in Ireland who declare for other countries:
“They might not feel Irish”

HH on players born in England who play for Ireland: “They’re english”
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:30pm
Odubeko has not refused an Ireland call-up, it was West Ham who didn't want him to go. Big difference. Until he actually refuses a call-up, or goes down the Declan Rice route of taking time out to think about his international career, it's daft to speculate.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

HH on players born in Ireland who declare for other countries:
“They might not feel Irish”

HH on players born in England who play for Ireland: “They’re english”

I've said that in the past about countless players who were/are hedging their bets or were honest in their reasons for declaring for us.

If you can show me an example of me saying something like that about Gary Breen, Kevin Kilbane or Tony Grealish then I'll gladly eat humble pie, but it doesn't have much relevance otherwise.

I could easily point to all the apocryphal stories about lads like McGeady or Houghton declaring for Ireland, when the real reasons for declaring were less emotional and more pragmatic.

At the end of the day, there are literally dozens and dozens of players I can think of who could've chosen England or Ireland and chose England.

It's easy for someone like Simon Cox or Liam Lawrence [just throwing out random names] to say they would've always played for Ireland when they would never have got within an arse's roar of playing for England.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 209210211212213 329>
  Share Topic