You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
Odubeko could easily hop on Instagram now and put up a post making light of his omission. Would clarify things straight away.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:53pm
In the players shoes if you wanted no hassle etc you would talk about it. the fact he isn't... 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Odubeko could easily hop on Instagram now and put up a post making light of his omission. Would clarify things straight away.

Yep...this basically. But guaranteed West ham will be offering him a new contract soon. Same old sh*te from Gold. He is a weasel.
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:55pm
Most clubs are refusing to release players for non competitive games this international window, people need to stop overreacting!

It's no major benefit playing a game for the u21. if he stays at west ham and trains well he could get a run out of the break. That would be far more beneficial in the long run
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Yep...this basically. But guaranteed West ham will be offering him a new contract soon. Same old sh*te from Gold. He is a weasel.

Agree on Gold but Rice was a PL regular and was doing very well.
A standout player.

Odubeko plays with the reserves and the kids and is only a 1st-team sub as they have nobody else.
They will sign a striker or two in Summer and he could vanish for a year or two easily.
I can't see any England U21 callups in his future as he's well off that level.
Miles off.
So talk of a new contract being worth more if he's an England player make no sense...sure he can declare and if he does that's a sad day for us, and himself I'd say.

Edited by Fozz - 22 Mar 2021 at 6:59pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 7:11pm
I like to know was Crawford talking to him directly before been called up? Because in any interview he seemed full sure that mipo would be linking up with the squad
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Agree on Gold but Rice was a PL regular and was doing very well.
A standout player.

Odubeko plays with the reserves and the kids and is only a 1st-team sub as they have nobody else.
They will sign a striker or two in Summer and he could vanish for a year or two easily.
Miles off.
So talk of a new contract being worth more if he's an England player make no sense...sure he can declare and if he does that's a sad day for us, and himself I'd say.

He is huge prospect and they are very high on him there. I guarantee they will be in his ear. and I don't mean the Rice level contract pre  doing his dash off to England. I just mean his next contract.
His pathway will be discussed and he will get more money for agreeing to another pathway. Might be England. Not saying it is def that but would it shock anyone to see him in an England U21 jerey in a year or so
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 7:19pm

Miles off.

I'm not sure about that. He wouldn't make the under 21 squad that they named last week for the Euros but that's their Euro 2021 squad. Odubeko would still be underage not just for the 2023 campaign, but the 2025 campaign also. Plenty of time for him to break in there if that's what he really wants.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'm not sure about that. He wouldn't make the under 21 squad that they named last week for the Euros but that's their Euro 2021 squad. Odubeko would still be underage not just for the 2023 campaign, but the 2025 campaign also. Plenty of time for him to break in there if that's what he really wants.

Fair enough.
I fear this could drag on so which is the most annoying aspect of it all.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 7:29pm
Has anyone asked Paul Nealon to call Mipo’s family to clear the situation up yet? He did say on Facebook that Mipo like his message when he congratulated him on Instagram and that the rumours of Mipo pulling out where falseDeadDead
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by geansaí geansaí wrote:

Most clubs are refusing to release players for non competitive games this international window, people need to stop overreacting!

It's no major benefit playing a game for the u21. if he stays at west ham and trains well he could get a run out of the break. That would be far more beneficial in the long run
Why isn't every other player withdrawing from both squads and all other non competitive games then for this 'pointless friendly' rather than just coincidentally the individual that hasn't appeared in any of our squads for two and a half years? A lot of the rest of the squad have played plenty more first team football than him so have more cause. Would Coventry have just pulled out if he hadn't got the senior call up?
Just like all those folk telling people there was nothing to worry about with Grealish and Rice and everyone was just overreacting right to the very end. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by SeatSniffer SeatSniffer wrote:

West Ham refuse to release Odubeko after speculation he was going to turn down the call up. Wonder if West Ham have a vested interest in him representing England for the future transfer revenue. 
Hope not as he looks like one of our best prospects but might be time to forget about him.

The speculation about turning down a call up was just total nonsense made up by some wum account on Twitter. The two are not related.

As Joxer said above, it’s not strange to have West Ham pull him out when he’s one of their only fit strikers.

I’ll hold the panic on this one
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:05pm
He was born here, his parents are from Nigeria so can someone point out to me how he qualifies for England?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

He was born here, his parents are from Nigeria so can someone point out to me how he qualifies for England?

Moved to Manchester City in 2015, then to Manchester United and then west ham. Qualifies for a England via the 5 year rule. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

I’ll hold the panic on this one

I respect your level-headedness on this as my reaction to him 'pulling out of the squad' was to immediately assume the he's gone for good.

I see the media are simply reporting it as his team withdrawing him (as opposed to him withdrawing himself) and, if we wanted to believe it's a nothing, then we can easily just take that at face value as he is their only reserve pure striker.
And maybe that's the case and he'll be back in the Summer squad.

I'm just not confident that's the case (why was he named in the first place?) but I'll go with your take on this one.

Edited by Fozz - 22 Mar 2021 at 9:46pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Moved to Manchester City in 2015, then to Manchester United and then west ham. Qualifies for a England via the 5 year rule. 
Dont think he moved in 2015 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

The 5-years only starts from the age of 18, I believe?

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:05pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

The 5-years only starts from the age of 18, I believe?

No it is five years of schooling in the country I believe. There was a lot of talk regarding this rule around Okoflex also but turned out he was around 6 months short of the 5 years of schooling in England before moving to Celtic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 329>
  Share Topic