You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 6:36pm
Louie Watson starts for Derby alongside knight.

Additionally - 6 irish players start for Rochdale today. 

Ah yes correction - both on the bench 

Edited by Left foot - 02 Mar 2021 at 6:53pm
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 6:48pm
Watson and Knight on the bench for Derby. Knight probably getting a much needed rest 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Ah yes correction - both on the bench 

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:20pm

Rochdale would be best to avoid Pontin's for any future team bonding sessions.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:47pm
LOL
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:09pm
Rooney on Louie Watson Louie came on and was brave. He took the ball, had good movement off the ball, moved us forward, and he’s given me something to think about for Saturday.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:28pm
Jack Taylor out for 6 weeks now, Jack Byrne out until June. Kelleher still out and absolutely no idea what’s the issue? McCarthy gone. 

The sheer amount of injuries pound for pound to our player base is frightening to watch. The only positive if you could possibly take one is this can’t be far off some sort of nadir for Irish soccer? The only way is surely up? 
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:42pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Jack Taylor out for 6 weeks now, Jack Byrne out until June. Kelleher still out and absolutely no idea what’s the issue? McCarthy gone. 

The sheer amount of injuries pound for pound to our player base is frightening to watch. The only positive if you could possibly take one is this can’t be far off some sort of nadir for Irish soccer? The only way is surely up? 

Disappointing for Jack Taylor as he was playing well it seems. Mccarthy looked a little uncomfortable when he walked off today but it didn't look very serious.

Cullen played the full 90 again today and was on the winning team.

@kevin100 you're going to drive yourself crazy if you keep running off injuries as we approach the games LOL
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:21pm
Ahh quite calm about it honestly. Almost resigned to the fact that its just not our year. Almost a nadir thinking of it that way a positive. Only way is up. 😂

Like you say Cullen a huge plus.

Edited by kevin100 - 03 Mar 2021 at 11:21pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rousingthekop.com/2021/03/03/report-caoimhin-kelleher-expected-to-return-to-action-next-week/%3famp

Sounds like he will be back shortly thankfully

Just a pity he wasn’t around for this week he’d have played Sunday and tomorrow. Becomes very hard for Kenny not to play him then and for me you have to play Kelleher with the way we want to play.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:25pm

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rousingthekop.com/2021/03/03/report-caoimhin-kelleher-expected-to-return-to-action-next-week/%3famp

Sounds like he will be back shortly thankfully

Just a pity he wasn’t around for this week he’d have played Sunday and tomorrow. Becomes very hard for Kenny not to play him then and for me you have to play Kelleher with the way we want to play.

Kenny was never going to pick Kelleher over Randolph whether he played for Liverpool for the next few weeks or not.

There has been absolutely no hint of it.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:53pm
Really never not Randolph. Even if he isn’t playing at the moment? Even if he played these 2 games? I think it’s a real conversation if he did. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Mar 2021 at 2:54pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:57pm
Andy Moran, Bray's youngest ever player and scorer, seems to be flying over at Brighton, would have had worries about his size and buod before he went
Some lovely play 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Andy Moran, Bray's youngest ever player and scorer, seems to be flying over at Brighton, would have had worries about his size and buod before he went
Some lovely play 

Saw him play from u8s. Was always tiny up through the age groups and played a year out of his age group up until around u11s  A Knocklyon lad. His brain was miles ahead of everyone else
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:16am

Really never not Randolph. Even if he isn’t playing at the moment? Even if he played these 2 games? I think it’s a real conversation if he did. 

Randolph has played more or less the same number of clubs game as Kelleher this season and we can also add in that Randolph has played in what 7 or 8 games for Ireland since September?

Kelleher is yet to win an international cap, starting him against Serbia over someone who has rarely let us down and is highly experienced would be crazy. Now if Kelleher was playing week in week out at even a good Championship club there could potentially be a case, but otherwise no chance.

Yes we can talk about how Kelleher's foot work and passing range is superior to Randolph, but the more pressing matter for us will be how best can we keep the ball out of our net. I think as it stands Randolph would be the superior and logically choice and I highly doubt many would disagree.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 195196197198199 329>
  Share Topic