You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:44pm
I wonder what happened Nathan Tormey, like Okoflex a highly rated winger at Arsenal who represented Ireland at underage level ? He turned down a new three year deal with Arsenal last summer, when he was 19, and I assumed he had something better lined up or why would you do such a thing. All I've heard since is that he had a trial with Rangers last September but presumably nothing came of it.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:31pm
Scully v Cassidy tonight as the two L1 teams face each other in the...er...League Trophy, no less.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I wonder what happened Nathan Tormey, like Okoflex a highly rated winger at Arsenal who represented Ireland at underage level ? He turned down a new three year deal with Arsenal last summer, when he was 19, and I assumed he had something better lined up or why would you do such a thing. All I've heard since is that he had a trial with Rangers last September but presumably nothing came of it.

I think he got injured around the time he was leaving Arsenal? Not sure of his status now
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 8:23pm
Lincoln allover Stanley.
Cassidy has hardly had a touch while Scully is getting lots of the ball and set up Elbouzedi nicely for his goal (and set him up for two others he somehow missed!).
Elbouzedi playing very well also and has that goal and an assist.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 8:34pm
Bazunu has conceded 4 and counting for Rochdale tonight.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Lincoln allover Stanley.
Cassidy has hardly had a touch while Scully is getting lots of the ball and set up Elbouzedi nicely for his goal (and set him up for two others he somehow missed!).
Elbouzedi playing very well also and has that goal and an assist.

Very encouraging. Elbouzedi has something about him and not just because he was ace on FIFA
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:47pm
Lincoln City looking good for promotion to the championship which will be really good to have Scully and Elbouzedi being tested at a higher level.

Both players playing well of late.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Lincoln City looking good for promotion to the championship which will be really good to have Scully and Elbouzedi being tested at a higher level.

Both players playing well of late.

Two substitute appearances in the league since the season started. I'd say it's pretty unlikely that Elbouzedi will stay with them if they get promoted.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Two substitute appearances in the league since the season started. I'd say it's pretty unlikely that Elbouzedi will stay with them if they get promoted.

Yeah, has played well in the cup comps when asked but he's not near the league starting 11.

Scully is playing well though and be interesting to see how he'd get on a year older and a league higher.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 10:37pm
Don't forget Sean Roughan who has played well in the Lincoln first team at the age of 17. He could be the best long term prospect at the club.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:53am
Anthony Scully: An industrious display and had a hand in two goals, but could have done better with a couple of chances. 7/10

Zack Elbouzedi: Scored one and involved in two others. Could have had a perfect 10 had he not missed two sitters in the first half. His pace his breathtaking and his end product is improving. 9/10

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:51am

They've conceded 11 goals in their last 3 league games. Obviously you'd assume they aren't all due to his performances but how has he been performing recently?

Our 3 potential competitors with Kelleher all slogging it out in the bottom 5 of League 1. Definitely getting a good experience of what senior football is really like.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:17pm
Reports on Bazunu seem to be very positive overall. Rochdale have a very poor defence, so he is left exposed a lot and concedes quite a few goals as a result, but he also seems to make some world class saves and is very comfortable on the ball.

There can't be many 18 year old keepers who are first choice around the football league so he is doing very well for his age. Is probably  already better than Kieran O'Hara for example.

Early days for him, but if Travers is your big unit commanding type keeper and Kelleher is more of a ball at feet sweeper type of goalkeeper, Bazunu has the potential to be both a commanding keeper and very comfortable on the ball - potentially the best of the three. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:30pm
Corkman Tyreik Wright has joined English League Two side Walsall on loan  from Aston Villa until the end of the season.Clap

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 13 Jan 2021 at 5:30pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 6:44pm
Jaze Kabia on the bench tonight for Livingston's league game against Aberdeen.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Corkman Tyreik Wright has joined English League Two side Walsall on loan  from Aston Villa until the end of the season.Clap

Excellent news.
Fair play and we need more of this in this window.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:11pm

He pulled off a savage save late on. I wouldn’t be too worried about that. He’s an outstanding prospect pound for pound potentially the best we have at the moment.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:50pm
Mentioned elsewhere, but Danny McNamara has played two games on the trot for Millwall.

The player he replaced is Max Romeo, the son of Jazzy B of Soul II Soul fame. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 329>
  Share Topic