You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 329>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:39pm
Cassidy at Watford and idah  at Norwich could have big seasons next year in the championship. Both should get plenty of chances as there clubs trim there squads.
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by delgado delgado wrote:

Cassidy at Watford and idah  at Norwich could have big seasons next year in the championship. Both should get plenty of chances as there clubs trim there squads.

Cassidy kind of hit a wall around the same time as his contract funny business last year.
He was also injured but he is a lad I hope can come back strong and probably has a better pathway to first team action now. Still a player I fancy will find his level at championship or league one. I hope I am wrong.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:25pm
Whats the story with Liam Scales? Has looked good with Ireland Under 21s but not in the Rovers team. Is he really not good enough to get a place in their team or is there another issue?
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:38pm
Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth by mutual consent. I worry about Kilkenny and Travers in this. Kilkenny is on the short side and one of those players managers love or loath because of it. Eddie Howe really liked him. Hopefully the lad gets plenty of ball this year as he is well capable.

Edited by Nialler - 01 Aug 2020 at 11:18pm
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Whats the story with Liam Scales? Has looked good with Ireland Under 21s but not in the Rovers team. Is he really not good enough to get a place in their team or is there another issue?

Ah he is still new to the team. Only joined in December and Rovers have only played 6 league games since then, I'd say its more a case of not wanting to disrupt the settled back line. Grace is first choice but Lopes and O Brien have been excellent as well, Scales will get his chance eventually though. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ah he is still new to the team. Only joined in December and Rovers have only played 6 league games since then, I'd say its more a case of not wanting to disrupt the settled back line. Grace is first choice but Lopes and O Brien have been excellent as well, Scales will get his chance eventually though. 
He’s playing for the seconds.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:13pm
Scored today in the first minute for Shamrock Rovers II. Hopefully he moves up to the first eleven soon because he's a player I've always rated when I've seen him play.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:45pm
Kevin Zefi who has been linked with a move to Inter and PSV madr his senior debut today at 15.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 4:51pm
great to see Gavin Bazunu added to the Man City champions league squad today . Always looks to have serious potential 
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

great to see Gavin Bazunu added to the Man City champions league squad today . Always looks to have serious potential 

Another year or two training with Ederson will do him the world of good. But he’s eventually going to have to go on loan and try and make a name for himself, as it’s going to extremely difficult to oust Ederson who is still only 26 himself. Kelleher has the same issue ar Liverpool now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:00pm
Given his age (18) I'd say another year with City Under 23s and hopefully training with the first team will still be worthwhile for him. Maybe even get a run out in a cup game, but that might be a bit optimistic. Then out on loan this time next year.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 9:09pm
Caden mcloughlin who is one of our most promising u15 players joins villarreal. He's scored 22 in 27 for Malaga underage.

Yes I know its a bit early but could very much be one for the future 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 2:31pm
Jessie Stapleton from Ballyfermot winning the u15 international player of the year. Playing 1 year out of her age groupClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:26pm
Ryan Cassidy signed a new contract with Watford and gone on loan to Accrington Stanley 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Ryan Cassidy signed a new contract with Watford and gone on loan to Accrington Stanley 

I remember reading in the Mirror that he was eligible for England back when Marco Silva supposedly wanted him at Everton.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:20am
Ireland U-19 player, Lewis Richards, has been called up to the first team at Wolves. Seems he's a left-sided defender.

Anyone know any more about him?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 12:46pm
Was on the bench for their final Europa League group game in December
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 1:47pm
Academy Player Of The Season for Wolves last year ( Conor Ronan also got that award before him ). He will be 19 in October. Left sided central defender, very good on the ball, highly rated at the club in both ability and attitude. Came to Wolves from Brentford when they closed down their underage team and moved to a new city to do so. English born but obviously eligible for Ireland, I'm not sure how, but one to watch with a genuine chance of breaking through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 329>
  Share Topic