Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 329>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:20pm
Lassie your anti England agenda is tiresome,

As for the above list, no doubt the majority of players named were plucked from playing Football Manager as opposed to actually watching a high number of these playing live on a weekly basis. 

Your list is full of players who aren't first choice for their current clubs or playing at small to middle of the roads ones, but you casually ignore the likes of Mount, Rashford, Trent, Wan Bassaka, Foden, Greenwood, Sancho, Abraham, Gomez, Chillwell etc are playing week in week out for there's.

It defies logic. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

As for the above list, no doubt the majority of players named were plucked from playing Football Manager as opposed to actually watching a high number of these playing live on a weekly basis. 

Your list is full of players who aren't first choice for their current clubs or playing at small to middle of the roads ones, but you casually ignore the likes of Mount, Rashford, Trent, Wan Bassaka, Foden, Greenwood, Sancho, Abraham, Gomez, Chillwell etc are playing week in week out for there's.

It defies logic. 

England have no hope, all those players are sh*te
John Egan is the next Baresi and Chiedzone Ogbene is the new Adama Traore though

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:03pm

It defies logic. 

What Anti English agenda?

I merely interpreted the original poster as saying England are the only team who have good young players coming through which I believe to be untrue.

I then stated a bunch of players from the nations they dismissed as who have been talked about as having bright futures.

Yes I play Football Manager but I also read and listen to non-English media so I've heard of those players through things like that.

The Guardian do a 100 young players to look out for list every year as do Four Four Two all the players i mentioned have appeared in those lists.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:39pm
Jaysus. The boring spat in history, lads. I keep clicking in thinking that someone actually has something to say about best prospects.

Exchange phone numbers and continue on WhatsApp.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:04pm
Yeah, we actually have games to look forward to now. Plenty of Irish lads to discuss 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

It defies logic. 

What Anti English agenda?

I merely interpreted the original poster as saying England are the only team who have good young players coming through which I believe to be untrue.

I then stated a bunch of players from the nations they dismissed as who have been talked about as having bright futures.

Yes I play Football Manager but I also read and listen to non-English media so I've heard of those players through things like that.

The Guardian do a 100 young players to look out for list every year as do Four Four Two all the players i mentioned have appeared in those lists.

You have a long history of discrediting England no matter what they do Wink

With all due respect any media outlet running the top 100 young players in Europe/The World aren't going to pick 35 to 40 players from the same country are they even if England per say had that amount.

Like it's all well and good plucking names from a computer game or a magazine, but lets face it the Premiership is the best league in the world and countless English born young players are performing unbelievably well, which simply cannot be ignored.

Anyhow moving on from this, we're gone way off topic Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 2:53pm
Apologies for taking over the England thread but Alex Hunt starts for Sheffield Wednesday today. He was part of one of Tom Mohan's training camp squads last year. Has anyone seen him play/know much about him?
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Apologies for taking over the England thread but Alex Hunt starts for Sheffield Wednesday today. He was part of one of Tom Mohan's training camp squads last year. Has anyone seen him play/know much about him?

I remember his brother Mike very well
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:10pm
All fannying around aside, I wonder did he even turn up for that squad ? I know he was called up but I don't recall ever seeing anything else about him in an Irish context.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

All fannying around aside, I wonder did he even turn up for that squad ? I know he was called up but I don't recall ever seeing anything else about him in an Irish context.

He showed up alright. Played in one of the friendlies. 

Edited by Dr. Pat - 11 Jul 2020 at 3:28pm
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 3:56pm
You're right, his team mate Ciaran Brennan was in the same line-up. Brennan is on the bench today v QPR, Hunt is playing and has got booked in the first half. They're 2-0 up, Conor Masterson subbed already for QPR, injury I assume.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 6:44pm

It defies logic. 

I don't think anyone is discrediting the fact that England has lots of players coming through. England always does. but there are french 17 years olds that you can't buy for 80 million at the moment as well. Some real freaks coming through there and in Germany etc  All the top tier nations have tonnes of players. I think there is nothing wrong with saying that. The proof is in underage results not the hype of Skysports and premier league etc where you have to have 5 English players.
 (I give them huge credit for that move) 

I watch a f**k tonne of football and honestly I look at the top Spanish or German clubs, etc. They are full of players from the own country. When I see top English teams jam packed full of English players I will believe they are going to do it soon. It is lees than 1/5 at Premier league top 6 and less that 1/3 overall the last time I checked. When it is 60%  like in Spain is the day it will likely become inevitable. 
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 11:30am
English players are now taking up 40% of match day teams. Compare that to say 5 years ago when it was only 20% its going in the right direction.  As an English man I'm very excited about our youth coming through,  we dominated youth football in the last 3 years and now we are seeing these kids progressing into the first team. When the likes of 17 year old Bellingham are being potentially signed by a club like borussia dortmund then you know things are going forward.  France have a lot of young players coming through but I don't see many other nations producing the amount of kids that England are producing 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 2:35pm
Why are are we talking about this here? I couldn't care less about the youth players of England or any other country besides Ireland.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Why are are we talking about this here? I couldn't care less about the youth players of England or any other country besides Ireland.

LOLLOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:24pm
Pretty comprehensive breakdown of U21 squad options from Kenny’s Kids. We could field a very decent Irish-Nigerian XI from this group!

didn’t know we had kids playing in Lithuania and German second tier
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:49pm
Never knew Kioso was Irish, think he was quite highly sought after from non-league.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Never knew Kioso was Irish, think he was quite highly sought after from non-league.

Yeah, I found myself looking him up too. Looks like he’ll be playing in the reserves for Luton, but looked capable from his highlights 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 329>
  Share Topic