You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 9:43am
Preston would have released most of their U18s team, they don't field an U23s team. 
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 2:27pm
Nathan Tormey, who has represented Ireland at underage level, has reportedly decided to leave Arsenal despite being offered a 3 year contract. He's a 20 yr old winger who had been doing well with their under 23s despite injuries hampering his progress. Presumably he must have something lined up or he would hardly be turning down an offer like that.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 5:00pm
Burnley have activated a contract extension clause to keep Jimmy Dunne. Doesn't say how long for on their website-probably another year, as with Robbie Brady I would think.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Burnley have activated a contract extension clause to keep Jimmy Dunne. Doesn't say how long for on their website-probably another year, as with Robbie Brady I would think.

I think they just need bodies at the moment. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League based on his loan form and probably never will be, but at the same time they're running out of players so he might get a run out before the end of the season, possibly tonight even.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I think they just need bodies at the moment. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League based on his loan form and probably never will be, but at the same time they're running out of players so he might get a run out before the end of the season, possibly tonight even.

His loan form has been good-to-excellent bar a mixed spell in a basketcase Sunderland side.
We're decent enough..
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:40am
Who's are future goalkeeper when Randolph goes ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:52am
Caomhin Kelleher ( Liverpool ) and Gavin Bazuno ( Man City ) are bright young prospects now but no guarantee that they will break through at the mega clubs they're at or indeed elsewhere. Mark Travers maybe more likely than Kieran O'Hara to become a top keeper in the interim but again no guarantees. It's potentially a problem position for Ireland.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 1:02pm
Caomhin Kelleher one of the most decorated Irish footballers
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Didnt know he hung wallpaper 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:25pm
Jay Molumby playing 80 mins today for Millwal.

Josh Cullen, Conor Masterson and Ryan Manning get full games for Charlton and qpr with Shodipo getting 30 mins from the bench and Cullen getting an assist 

Jason Knight gets 10 mins off the bench but doesnt seem to get the game time he was getting before the restart

Dan Crowley gets a goal and assist for birmingham today, not sure if he still qualifies for us though.

Nathan Collins stays on the bench for a poor stoke side.

Idah on the bench in the fa cup for norwich 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Think Pundit Arena or one of them sites had an article titled ''Premier League Winner Caoimhin Kelleher'' or something along those lines.  Talk about clutching at straws!

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:57pm
That's where we are!
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:02pm
Ciaran Brennan unused sub for Sheff Wed last night..Alex Hunt got on for the last few minutes.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:44am
Harvey Neville has signed a professional deal with United, be interesting to see if he sticks around in our underage system.
We're decent enough..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:57am
is he not struggling to make our underage squads? The impression I get is that he will struggle to make it as a pro and is living off the surname to some extent.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:06am
Harvey is half Irish according to his dad Phil, who was proud of his call-up by Ireland even if he didn't make a huge impression initially at least. His mother and her family side are all Irish.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:03pm
Yeah, it's funny when we consider these young lads and whether they'd choose Ireland over England.
As if for any, that will even be a question.

Look at the young English talent - Greenwood, Mount, Foden etc...all streets ahead of our lads and that's the quality England have to call upon.

Who have we, in the PL, that would even approach those levels who is a dual-national?
Smallbone?  I like him but he's nowhere near their level if we're being objective.

Grealish has turned 24 and no senior cap even though he is a standout player weekly for Villa in the PL.
You have to be an exceptional English young talent these days to consider you'd get into any Senior England team.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Yeah, it's funny when we consider these young lads and whether they'd choose Ireland over England.
As if for any, that will even be a question.

Look at the young English talent - Greenwood, Mount, Foden etc...all streets ahead of our lads and that's the quality England have to call upon.

Who have we, in the PL, that would even approach those levels who is a dual-national?
Smallbone?  I like him but he's nowhere near their level if we're being objective.

Grealish has turned 24 and no senior cap even though he is a standout player weekly for Villa in the PL.
You have to be an exceptional English young talent these days to consider you'd get into any Senior England team.

I think a lot of the English talent is overrated.  They are young lads in what is now very attacking football surrounded by world class players from the world over. drop them all into the same team and it is a bit different as we have seen tournament after tournament 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 329>
  Share Topic