You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 329>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:17pm
WTF is Stephen Kenny doing to them in those Under 21 camps, some kind of accent assimilation programme for the English lads or something?! 
Sponsored Links

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:24pm
Now that's what I call a confused identity! Maybe Elbows Eddie made a bet with him that he couldn't pull off doing a Dub accent for an entire interview?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Lincoln City has plenty of good Irish talent on there books now, great to see hope they kick on, most surprising thing for me was that Scully has a Dublin accent thought he was born and raised in England.

This is so bizarre Shocked

LOL
That’s crazy 

LOL

Great find.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:51pm
LOL
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 10:46pm
What part of London is he from? Corduff??
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Definitely taking that as a good sign! His accent in the older video is a bit mixed, no mistaking the newer vid though - pure Dub!
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 12:00pm
A good sign that he is losing his grip? Breen never felt the need to pull that stunt and his entire family is Irish! Still sounded like a London geezer though.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

A good sign that he is losing his grip? Breen never felt the need to pull that stunt and his entire family is Irish! Still sounded like a London geezer though.

You get too concerned about other people's choices. If he wants to speak in a Dublin accent, let him at it.
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 12:28pm
Joey Barton had a French accent after a short stint in france... 

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

You get too concerned about other people's choices. If he wants to speak in a Dublin accent, let him at it.
No there's something wrong when a grown adult suddenly starts doing that. I think it could be a cry for help (like Stephen Ireland dead granny syndrome)  and I hope whoever it is directed at is there to answer.
He could be talking like a pirate in a couple of year's time if this isn't nipped in the bud.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 2:03pm
I don't care what he sounds like.
More concerned with how he gets on in L1.  We're crying out for our young lads to get game time so in Lincoln we now have Scully, Coventry and Elbouzedi, with the latter two already getting good minutes since they joined.
Lincoln home to Rotherham (currently top of the table who feature Ogbene) on Friday evening so will keep tabs on that and see if Scully's name appears anywhere.
Hope so.
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

More concerned with how he gets on in L1.

More concerned with why WHam let a guy showing such form go, when they could be a division down next year and he might be a handy option. Maybe they let the wrong player go :) got mixed up with all the accents maybe. Maybe he has others too, Belfast, Icelandic, who knows

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 3:58pm
I had a friend in high school who left Belfast at age 9. At school he’d have an English accent and at home his real accent. Wasn’t until he was about 20 that he had the Belfast accent all the time.

Looks like Scully’s dad has been in england for 25+ years, but who knows if young Anthony didn’t have a spell at home at some point 

Either way, hope he scores a hat full 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 4:28pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

No there's something wrong when a grown adult suddenly starts doing that. I think it could be a cry for help (like Stephen Ireland dead granny syndrome)  and I hope whoever it is directed at is there to answer.
He could be talking like a pirate in a couple of year's time if this isn't nipped in the bud.

Ok Sigmund.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 5:19pm
I knew a couple of lads in West Cork who had their parents English accent, often down to regional variation too. He hardly chose that accent!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:33pm
Ali Reghba starts for Leicester under-23s tonight against Newport , who have Padraig Amond on the bench . Conor Tee is a sub for Leicester-wasn't he supposed to be going on loan to that Bulgarian club that signed Conor Henderson ?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:09pm
Darragh O'Connor , 20 yr old signed from Wexford , played first half for Leicester under-23s , who lost 1-0 .
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 6:48pm
Anyone seen the 'Troy Parrott' video that's doing the rounds? Not at all clear from the clip that it is Troy but it definitely looks to be an Irish age grade player. Anyone know who the, um, recepient is - he is clearly in shot for most of the clip?

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

[/QUOTE]

Would be an appropriate username for whoever this player is. 

Edited by You Tell Me - 05 Feb 2020 at 6:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 329>
  Share Topic