Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 329>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:28pm
LOLMemories of Charlton’s back three of Fish, Costa, Fortune.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Afolabi going to Dunfermline on loan

Celtic just paid 3 million for a Polish striker. Glad that Afolabi is out on loan, but hope that doesn’t impact his chances at celtic too much 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

I could see both Masterson and O'Shea breaking through to the Irish senior set up sooner rather than later. Both sets of supporters (QPR and WBA) are tripping over themselves praising these lads

Egan, Duffy and Clark would be your first teamers but i agree getting Masterson and O'Shea involved in the squad shouldn't be too far away. Post March games maybe.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

I could see both Masterson and O'Shea breaking through to the Irish senior set up sooner rather than later. Both sets of supporters (QPR and WBA) are tripping over themselves praising these lads

Egan, Duffy and Clark would be your first teamers but i agree getting Masterson and O'Shea involved in the squad shouldn't be too far away. Post March games maybe.

If we were to qualify for euro2020 and had to name a 23 man squad in the morning I'd include them.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:57pm
Sorry gents I'm still not converted on Masterson.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

@proudandloud - if he died for our sins, would that be enough?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:59pm

Can't help but agree here - He'll need to play more than a handful of Championship games before I think he should be considered for the senior team. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:10pm

Well in terms of squad players if you were to take 4 centre backs (playing two centre backs) you would imagine Egan, Duffy and Clark take up three of those four positions that leaves in my opinion long at Burnley who has seen 3 minutes of premier League action or Masterson whos form would suggest it's on an upward curve. I know there are other options but they all have question marks too.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Can't help but agree here - He'll need to play more than a handful of Championship games before I think he should be considered for the senior team. 

If him, O'Shea or Collins get a decent run of games before end of season I'd have one of them in the squad ahead of Kevin Long. Duffy, Clark and Egan are the serious contenders to start. But better have a young player about the squad with a future rather than a player approaching 30 who has never played a full season as a regular. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Well in terms of squad players if you were to take 4 centre backs (playing two centre backs) you would imagine Egan, Duffy and Clark take up three of those four positions that leaves in my opinion long at Burnley who has seen 3 minutes of premier League action or Masterson whos form would suggest it's on an upward curve. I know there are other options but they all have question marks too.
LOL A game and a half and he has made it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'm taking it on that his current form continues, it's always a good idea to have one young wildcard in a squad.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'm taking it on that his current form continues, it's always a good idea to have one young wildcard in a squad.
I just think it is slightly hysterical myself.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:49pm
Can't say theres a player in the current ireland squad that has made himself indispensable. 

A young player that has 10/15 good games at club level would likely put himself in contention.at any position.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Can't say theres a player in the current ireland squad that has made himself indispensable. 

A key point. “Experts in failure“ to quote Jose

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Celtic just paid 3 million for a Polish striker. Glad that Afolabi is out on loan, but hope that doesn’t impact his chances at celtic too much 

If he'd actually been born in Nigeria and signed from someone like Ajax he'd probably have had 1st team football by now
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:19pm
It's always the same with Celtic, they'll always spend three or four million on a punt from somewhere in Europe and they'll always pick them before the promising youth player or the player they picked up free or on the cheap from another Scottish team. It amazes me that some Irish youth players still choose to go there given their track record. 

A club with notions way above their station playing in a sh*t show of a league. 
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

If he'd actually been born in Nigeria and signed from someone like Ajax he'd probably have had 1st team football by now
To be fair, now he has a chance to prove if he can get goals in mens football. If he tears it up at Dunfermline he will get a look in at Celtic next year or a move. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

LOL
Or if he was ready.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 329>
  Share Topic