You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 329>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 7:29pm
Would like to have seen him get a better move than a team sitting 2nd bottom in the Scottish Championship. Based on what I've seen for the 21's, he can definitely play at a higher level than that.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Would like to have seen him get a better move than a team sitting 2nd bottom in the Scottish Championship. Based on what I've seen for the 21's, he can definitely play at a higher level than that.

They're 2nd in the league LOL

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 21 Jan 2020 at 8:58pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Partick? They are right down the bottom, just above Alloa who only pay their players in Mars Bars.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:08pm

Unless they've changed their name to Inverness CT, then they're still 2nd bottom.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:11pm

Try turning it around.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:28pm
Strong performance from Charlie McCann in the FAYC today topped off with a cooly slotted home penalty as Manchester United eased past Norwich. 

That is a disappointing move for Lee. I’ve been disappointed in his whole move to Celtic. At this rate he’d have been better just staying with United. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:36pm
Depends why he is being sent there, I assume they feel he needs to toughen up a bit, both physically and mentally, a test at the wrong end of the Scottish second tier might be what he needs for a few months.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 12:07am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Depends why he is being sent there, I assume they feel he needs to toughen up a bit, both physically and mentally, a test at the wrong end of the Scottish second tier might be what he needs for a few months.

Fictional internal conversation involving Celtic youth development..

Ideally if we can find Lee a club as close to home as possible, so we can keep tabs...Partick is in Glasgow. Yeah, that will do. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 6:31am
He will join Sean McGinty , former under-21 international , there . He was the last player Alex Ferguson got rid off at Manchester United after some bad behaviour and has slipped down the leagues since though still only 27 .
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:11am

Unless they've changed their name to Inverness CT, then they're still 2nd bottom.

My bad, somehow read it as Inverness Ermm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Fictional internal conversation involving Celtic youth development..

Ideally if we can find Lee a club as close to home as possible, so we can keep tabs...Partick is in Glasgow. Yeah, that will do. 
Either way, if he is as good as is being made out it should be no bother to him.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:44am
He's on loan where he'll get some game time for a few months, much better than sitting in the celtic reserves.

I agree that a higher level would have been better 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:51am
game time is key for all these players the more exposure they get to first team action and pressures will give a better picture of where they are really at
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:42am
I saw that Alexis was recalled by Brighton, was it ever established regarding his eligibility?
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:59pm
Just focusing on defenders that have made impressive progress  in the championship this season.

Nathan Colins - only 18 but already played 8 games for stoke this season, coming back from an injury recently and looks to be in and around the first team again.

Dara O'shea- only 20 and just signed a new contract with West.  Brom. He's already been in and around the first team squad 15 times this season and got first team football in December.

Conor Masterson - 21 and was only up to very recently it wasnt looking that good for him at QPR. In the last 2 games he has taken his opportunity very well. Very early to make judgements  but it would be really good to see him continue this progress. He seems to have the ability to carry the ball from defence to midfield which is something I haven't seen in an ireland defender for a very long time.

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 11:33am
Ian Lawlor joins S****horpe on loan until the end of the season.

He's 25 now.

His career hasn't really gone as hoped.

Was there ever a real expectation that he would make it as a PL goalkeeper? 

Edited by johnvonp - 27 Jan 2020 at 11:34am
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 11:40am
I could see both Masterson and O'Shea breaking through to the Irish senior set up sooner rather than later. Both sets of supporters (QPR and WBA) are tripping over themselves praising these lads
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:01pm
Afolabi going to Dunfermline on loan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 329>
  Share Topic