You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 329>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Oko-Flex is  English so f**k him at least he didn't use us made the  decision early. I hope that he has super club career

You do realise he was playing for the Irish U19s two weeks ago?

I appreciate that the way he's behaved thus far is self-serving though and I'd have serious reservations about his commitment.
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:41pm
cap him in league of nations if he refuses England develop  him 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Didiseyebrows View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didiseyebrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 4:49pm

Oko-Flex is  English so f**k him at least he didn't use us made the  decision early. I hope that he has super club career

Does he even qualify for England?
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:19pm
There's a Goalkeeper for Spurs who's been called up to the England u16 squad, Aaron Maguire.

Has represented us u16 or u15 level before apparently 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Didiseyebrows Didiseyebrows wrote:

Does he even qualify for England?

He has played for their teams at U16 U17s 
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:15pm
if an underage player leaves us to represent another nation the only way back should be a full international cap before we continue to develop them. It costs time and money we should be spending on those who want to wear the green
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:20pm
Give it a rest.
We're decent enough..
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:40pm
I will when people stop winging about Grealish and Rice.
This  is  the start of generations of Eastern European and African player with dual nationalities.

Dont bitch here  when they start jumping ship as I have pointed out a solution. Since the age of 16 Oko-Flex can vote in UK elections join their army. He should know by now if he he  feels Irish or not. 
If you dont feel Irish playing at Celtic you will never feel Irish.
Didiseyebrows View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Didiseyebrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:20am

There are definitely some doubts over okoflexs eligibility. 
You have to live for 5 years in a country after 18 years of age.  He moved to Scotland without even being there 5 years in his formative years as far as I can figure out. Maybe he has an English granny or something but other than that it's just a case of a player playing for a country underage which is technically ok under UEFA rules I think without being eligible. 

Edited by Didiseyebrows - 03 Dec 2019 at 12:21am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 7:43am

This  is  the start of generations of Eastern European and African player with dual nationalities.

Dont bitch here  when they start jumping ship as I have pointed out a solution. Since the age of 16 Oko-Flex can vote in UK elections join their army. He should know by now if he he  feels Irish or not. 
You’re an absolute idiot.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 9:45am

Maybe give these young lads a break.
They have heritages that are more complex than the average one of us growing up with Irish parents and Irish Grandparents and Irish ancestors who died in the famine and were murdered by Cromwell.

It's more complex for these guys.
Most won't even make it to Senior International level so let them play for whomever they like as kids at U15, U16, U17 etc. and then, when older, they can decide what they want to do.

Now, I don't subscribe to what Rice did when he played for the Senior team and all that and then jumped. That's just not on but that's not the same as an Okoflex playing for us at U15 and then, having lived over there for formative years, playing for them.  Maybe some of his mates played and it could be as simple as wanting to be part of that that he played for England.
I don't know his particulars but I am just trying to illustrate the point.

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:25am
Kevin Kilbane had the same issues and was born in England but has always known he is Irish.
These young players today treat national teams like club teams and as a means to an end.

Work with those who feel Irish and those that jump ship  the only way back has to be accepting a full cap if they dont want it the country that they jumped ship to  can take a chance on developing them.  While we develop players who are Irish to the core.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:36am
Strangely enough, not every player is Kevin Kilbane
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:57am
I think that there's a very big difference between an English-born player who has one or two Irish parents, and a parent who is relying on an Irish grandparent.

The likes of Grealish and Rice were playing for Ireland through a grandparent link, which can be somewhat tenuous.  Players like Kevin Kilbane, Gary Breen, David Connolly and more recently, Jon Walters, had Irish parents and I think that makes a big difference. There's a greater understanding and attachment to the country.

That's the reason I'm hopeful that the likes of Conor Coventry and Jamie Bowden will stick with Ireland - their Irish connection is one generation closer than Grealish or Rice.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:05pm
Theres no real recipe for your 'irishness' or any other nationality really anymore.

Granny rule players have been interchangeable in choosing ireland or england for example 

Players with irish parents seem more riable in choosing ireland over england however players like Harry Kane, whos parents are irish I believe has felt more english. (I struggle to imagine kane senior cheering for his son in an England kit and being an Irishman very strange, and I've lived in england since I was 8)

Obefemi, although born in ireland but has never really lived there, and with parents being both Nigerian born, feels irish... I'm really pleased he chose ireland as he's got really good potential but how he feels irish I really dont know... (to be clear, I'm not trying to question obefemi's right to be irish, I 100% support his right as he's a born Irishman but his ties to ireland seem more 'on paper' rather than anything else)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:18pm

While we develop players who are Irish to the core.

Quite right.

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:29pm
Loads of Irish nationals have used the provincial set up in 2 thirds of  Ulster to play for Ireland. The reason he hate James  is that he is an "uppity Taig" who does not know his place.
 thing players who choose Ireland over 2 thirds of a province I'd that they don't yo yo back and forth like young Dembele  between England and Scotland.
Oko-Flex is doing likewise with Ireland and England 
Do you believe James or Duffy think that they are Brits.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:57pm

Loads of Irish nationals have used the provincial set up in 2 thirds of  Ulster to play for Ireland. The reason he hate James  is that he is an "uppity Taig" who does not know his place.
 thing players who choose Ireland over 2 thirds of a province I'd that they don't yo yo back and forth like young Dembele  between England and Scotland.
Oko-Flex is doing likewise with Ireland and England 
Do you believe James or Duffy think that they are Brits.

In English, please.......
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 329>
  Share Topic