You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 329>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Tom Gaston being linked with a move from Bordeaux to Portland Timbers. 
Already signed.
Ahh nice. Had only seen a Timbers supporters account claiming he'd signed at the time. Will be interesting to see how he does, they're typically a strong side   
Sponsored Links

johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:57pm
U19s gone 1-0 down to Austria.

We look pretty poor to be honest.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:00pm
Yeah goal was coming, missing lads like Parrott, Bazunu, Collins, Knight, Idah and Ledwidge to name a few always going to be a tough ask, still some good quality on the bench like Okoflex and Bowden.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

+1. Really poor so far. Tom Mohan, maybe more so than people think, can be very pragmatic. 2 Centre halves occupying the full back positons and sat very deep until Austria scored. Since then, we've pressed higher and Austria look vulnerable. Will have to use the ball much better though to have any chance.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

+1. Really poor so far. Tom Mohan, maybe more so than people think, can be very pragmatic. 2 Centre halves occupying the full back positons and sat very deep until Austria scored. Since then, we've pressed higher and Austria look vulnerable. Will have to use the ball much better though to have any chance.

Barry Coffey sent off. No chance now.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:14pm
The ref has been awful and destroyed the game. 3 red cards and the game has hardly been dirty. Has lost control because of his own stupid decisions
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:25pm
2nd that .
He was card-happy. 
I thought we played quite well after we went down to 10. 
Shame we're out of this comp now for another year after doing so well last year. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:51pm
Conor Gallagher starts for England u21 vs Holland tonight 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Andrew00 Andrew00 wrote:

He's never played for us has he? Not sure we'll be getting him. 
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm

How does he qualify?
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:07pm
Sorry I was meant to put this in eligible players thread.

I thought I seen on here he was eligible through grandparent(s) 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and Iā€™m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:44pm
His dad is from Donegal AFAIK
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:04pm
Liam Scales goes to Shamrock Rovers

Interesting bit in here:

ā€œ Along with Neil Farrugia, Liam was invited to train with English Premier League champions Manchester City but turned down an offer from their Under-23s in order to play first-team football.ā€

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 6:38pm
The Man City thing was reported around the same time he almost went to Bristol Rovers. I think this is a better move for him though, he has looked good for Ireland under 21s and if he goes well here a Championship team will pick him up in a year or two. 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:55pm
Jamie Bowden signed a 3 and a half year contract with spurs today. 

Unfortunately though he's deleted all his tweets relating to Ireland, call me mad but that's not a good sign. I'd say his connections told him to wait for England after signing the contract
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:17pm
Dont think Jamie will jump ship, his aufellas a Dub, plus a quick look at his twitter and Instagram will show posts of him in an Ireland jersey.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 29 Nov 2019 at 9:19pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 8:12am
Presumably having played under 19 for us he could only be called up by England at under 21 level? I don't think he would be near their under 21 squad any time soon and similar to Parrott, Mourinho's arrival probably won't help his first team chances.

We could do worse than getting him involved with our own under 21s though. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 9:03am

Jamie Bowden signed a 3 and a half year contract with spurs today. 

Unfortunately though he's deleted all his tweets relating to Ireland, call me mad but that's not a good sign. I'd say his connections told him to wait for England after signing the contract

A quick glance at his Instagram and its littered with Ireland pics. 
I'd remain confident in this lad.
Agree he could be stepped up to our 21s next year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 329>
  Share Topic