You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 329>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I can't grasp why some people cannot just accept that there are players out there who are content and happy to play for Northern Ireland.

No one is denying that, they're simply pointing out that there's no point not asking them.

i cant grasp why anyone would want to play for that shower either LOL
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:27pm

I can't grasp why some people cannot just accept that there are players out there who are content and happy to play for Northern Ireland.

No one is denying that, they're simply pointing out that there's no point not asking them.

The FAI can't be expected to make contact with every dual national player that gets selected by Northern Ireland. 
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:00pm

The FAI can't be expected to make contact with every dual national player that gets selected by Northern Ireland. 

No.  Just the very good ones.  Playing for a top PL club, especially one playing in the youth champions league or thereabouts would be a good clue.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:52pm

Why? Do they not have access to a phone?
We're decent enough..
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:59pm
Yes because it’s that straight forward Confused

You only have to see how the approach for Redmond panned out and how there still hasn’t been a definite answer from Bamford.

Some of you live in a dream world....
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:13pm
There's as much evidence that he has had already been approached by the FAI as there is that he hasn't been approached
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Daniel Ballard - apparently his Mum's from the North, so should be eligible for us.

Highly regarded at Arsenal, and apparently due a call to the first team squad by some accounts.  

Seems like we may have missed a trick.  Not too late to see if he's interested in considering ROI as an option.

Whether he was approached or not it wouldn't matter, his mum is from a Unionist background and his cousins and family are NI supporters.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by NIGreenWall NIGreenWall wrote:

Daniel Ballard - apparently his Mum's from the North, so should be eligible for us.

Highly regarded at Arsenal, and apparently due a call to the first team squad by some accounts.  

Seems like we may have missed a trick.  Not too late to see if he's interested in considering ROI as an option.

Whether he was approached or not it wouldn't matter, his mum is from a Unionist background and his cousins and family are NI supporters.
Given his name, I thought there might be an obstacle alright...
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:23pm
PM, his Mum's family is the NI link... so not "Ballard" presumably. 

NIGreenWall - where'd you get that his Mum's family are from a unionist background?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:25pm

NIGreenWall - where'd you get that his Mum's family are from a unionist background?
A bollard is an obstacle, it was a pun on the similarity of his name to said 'obstacle'.
NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 5:47pm

Social media accounts of a few of his NI relatives, a few cousins, his grandfather etc.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:58pm
Under 19 squad named for Elite round qualifiers in Russia.
Can't understand why Ryan Cassidy is not in it.
Luca Connell makes the cut.

Republic of Ireland Under-19 Squad

Goalkeepers: Brian Maher (St Patrick's Athletic), George McMahon (Burnley)
Defenders: Andy Lyons (Bohemians), Tom Gaston (Bordeaux), Mark McGuinness (Arsenal), Oisin McEntee (Newcastle United), Jack James (Luton Town), Kameron Ledwidge (Southampton)
Midfielders: Niall Morahan (Sligo Rovers), Aaron Bolger (Shamrock Rovers), Jason Knight (Derby County), Luca Connell (Bolton Wanderers), Will Smallbone (Southampton), Conor Grant (Sheffield Wednesday), Richie O'Farrell (UCD)
Forwards: Ali Reghba (Bohemians), Will Ferry (Southampton), Festy Ebosele (Derby County), Tyriek Wright (Aston Villa), Jonathan Afolabi (Southampton)

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:00pm
Seriously strong squad, and you could make up another good squad of guys left out too...
We're decent enough..
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 6:04pm
McGuinness at Arsenal has trained with England before and is also eligible for the North.
His dad is / was the captain of the England international bowls team. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:40pm
Caoimhin Fowler posted a video on Instagram scoring a trademark cracker bent into the top corner for Levante, he has been on trial recently with Pats and Cardiff. Anyone know if hes signed for them ?
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:16pm
Great to see our own Nenagh AFC club man Barry Coffey captain the 18s today. Great lad with a fantastic attitude 
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:29pm
Not doing a good job by the looks of it.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:31pm
Kerrs kids great watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 329>
  Share Topic