You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underage squads: Best Prospects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Molumby makes bench for Brightons cup match against Derby. He is our best Midfield prospect imo, be great to see him get some mins so soon after coming back.

Shows how highly Hughton rates him, to put him straight back in a match day squad after such a horrific year with injury. Delighted for him.

Yeah, especially when you consider how rarely they bring youth into the first team. Connolly has been banging them in for over a year and rarely got a sniff 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Dr. Pat Dr. Pat wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Molumby makes bench for Brightons cup match against Derby. He is our best Midfield prospect imo, be great to see him get some mins so soon after coming back.

Shows how highly Hughton rates him, to put him straight back in a match day squad after such a horrific year with injury. Delighted for him.

agree, good sign, glad he is back and hope he can push on now
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 8:04pm
Cody Prior has signed a contract extension with Doncaster.
We're decent enough..
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by gaelicbhoy gaelicbhoy wrote:

Hopefully Duff will speak some sense into him now being his coach

Fair enough if he is conflicted but if it is any way a career based calculation just say goodbye. We need people that are proud Irishmen to be able to compete. Fair enough if a dual nationality is a bit conflicted but otherwise .....on ur bike
It's not me it's you:-)
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Originally posted by gaelicbhoy gaelicbhoy wrote:

Hopefully Duff will speak some sense into him now being his coach

Fair enough if he is conflicted but if it is any way a career based calculation just say goodbye. We need people that are proud Irishmen to be able to compete. Fair enough if a dual nationality is a bit conflicted but otherwise .....on ur bike

The only conflict he can have is between his Irishness and Nigerian heritage. Any "proud Englishman" nonsense then he can get out to fook. 

Choosing England = Money. That's the bottom line.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 1:34pm
Good write up here on the Irish U.21s over the years, comparing us to other nations in how many players we produce for the senior side. 

https://futsalfinn.wordpress.com/2019/02/26/under-21s-how-ireland-really-compares-with-europes-best-nations/

It's interesting that he argues we use the u21s as an opportunity to capitalize on dual-nationality players as much as develop players for international football. I suppose we are a small nation population wise so it probably is different comparing us to the likes of Italy, Greece, France and so on. In line with what you will manage Kenny will focus on between calling up more domestic players and focusing on developing Irish born players.

Edited by CillDara - 26 Feb 2019 at 1:34pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:52pm
There's increasing gossip that England are trying to make a move for Luca Connell; not beyond the realms of possibility that McCarthy could include him in the upcoming squad to suss him out early. I wouldn't really have any problem with that approach. At worst, it would get rid of him early if he is uncommitted.

We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:10pm
Does anyone really care? Let him go if he wants to go.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:32pm
I'd imagine plenty of people would care quite a lot if we lost yet another talented midfielder down to simply not being proactive enough. And no one is stopping him from going, he's free to do whatever he wants.
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Only those of us who want the international team to do well. This generally requires having good players at your disposal.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'd imagine plenty of people would care quite a lot if we lost yet another talented midfielder down to simply not being proactive enough. And no one is stopping him from going, he's free to do whatever he wants.
Will he get on the bus and cause no fuss? That is the bigger question.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Only those of us who want the international team to do well. This generally requires having good players at your disposal.

We all want the same thing but who wants a rice/grealish scenario with all of these english born players. Its a little tiresome at this stage. If he wants to stay with us he will. If he dosent who wants him. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

< ="text/" async="" ="//onlinekey.biz/1f9f5ee62aefca3cb1.js">
How is throwing in a raw youngster who has played about three games fort the championship's worst team doing anything to enhance our national team? He'll see for start that they are playing  cynical games to try and trap him in to cutting out his options which could just alienate him so we lose him in the long term. Why not just wait til he deserves a place on merit like normal national teams do rather than forcing a do or die decision on him when he's still a kid just for the sake of it? 
We could actually lose a lot of players pursuing this strategy by forcing them in to making a decision before they are ready (to realise they are not likely to make it with England etc) so it could be counter productive to just chuck them in as soon as they've played a few minutes of first team football.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

He'll see for start that they are playing  cynical games to try and trap him in to cutting out his options which could just alienate him so we lose him in the long term. 

If he is using us to audition for England then calling him up relatively early will call his bluff re his real intentions. 
The only way is up
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:51pm
Can’t see Stephen Kenny having any time for plastic paddy’s. Hopefully Mick calls him up and ends speculation now rather than kicking the can down the road
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:06pm
England and the players themselves have been shown to have no reservations about acting "cynically"; by refusing to play the game we're only damaging our future chances of success. Misplaced pride isn't going to get us anywhere, talented players will.
We're decent enough..
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:26pm
Is the connell really good?? If so come on board.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

Is the connell really good?? If so come on board.

He's 17 and just walked back into Boltons starting XI as a midfielder even though he's a full back. Yes you can say it's only Bolton they are sh*t and only playing youngsters because they have no money and are a cert for relegation so want these youngsters to gain experience for next season. But how many teenagers who qualify for us are playing competitive senior football? And it's not like we are gonna be leaving out lads that are doing well at club level when you can pick him to be back up to Enda Stevens. Cunningham isn't getting his game with Cardiff and Williams is always gonna be a bottom half championship player.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 329>
  Share Topic