You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 7:49pm
www.jarvisbox.com 

I'm buying from the above address €180 for the box (extra €10 for next day) delivery.  This isn't an android box claims to be better for live sport they offer a subscription for €50 a year which is free for two months when buying the box and also have live TV RTE/BBC/ITV etc. They have an fb page with very good reviews seem genuine based in Ashbourne. Hopefully mine will be here by Thursday I'll report back Smile
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

www.jarvisbox.com 

I'm buying from the above address €180 for the box (extra €10 for next day) delivery.  This isn't an android box claims to be better for live sport they offer a subscription for €50 a year which is free for two months when buying the box and also have live TV RTE/BBC/ITV etc. They have an fb page with very good reviews seem genuine based in Ashbourne. Hopefully mine will be here by Thursday I'll report back Smile

I dont know anything about that Armada box but they are way over priced for the other boxes they are selling.They are fleecing anyone who buys the M8 or MX box.
They seem to be letting on they are selling all these extra's but they are all easy to load onto the box yourself.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 7:40am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

www.jarvisbox.com 

I dont know anything about that Armada box but they are way over priced for the other boxes they are selling.They are fleecing anyone who buys the M8 or MX box.
They seem to be letting on they are selling all these extra's but they are all easy to load onto the box yourself.
Yeah way over priced there. You can get M8 and MX for less than half that yourself elsewhere. Either way let us know anyway
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 11:22am
Did a broadband check there, with Sky and then on another website.

It's coming up as 15.4Mbps with Sky's version and between circa 10Mbps to 13Mbps with the other site.

The Sky package we're on says up to speeds of 24Mbps, so I'm wondering is there anyway of increasing the speed?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

It's coming up as 15.4Mbps with Sky's version and between circa 10Mbps to 13Mbps with the other site.

The Sky package we're on says up to speeds of 24Mbps, so I'm wondering is there anyway of increasing the speed?

Thats plenty so there shouldn't be lag/freeze.
The box might need a firmware update and make sure you have the box powered through the wall socket and not through the TV/USB connection.

Nothing you can really do about the speed but connect the box using a ethernet cable should be better than wireless.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 12:45pm

Thats plenty so there shouldn't be lag/freeze.
The box might need a firmware update and make sure you have the box powered through the wall socket and not through the TV/USB connection.

Nothing you can really do about the speed but connect the box using a ethernet cable should be better than wireless.

Cheers
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 4:49pm
Anyone here ever use WiFi dongles instead of home plugs?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 5:10pm
There is an android box that can be got for around 20 quid .I used one yesterday and its excellent for the money.
I'm on the phone so can't post a link but will post it up later on.
If anyone is thinking of buying a android box this is definitely worth looking at ,for the price its no big deal if its not used too often.
Be ideal for a first android box or to be used in a bedroom.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 8:39pm
Rossieman what broadband provider do you have and at what speeds if you don't mind me asking? I've got Eircom and its pretty bad any of the websites I do test on give me 3.50 mbps, I should note I already have a dreambox for TV already and at times I develop lag.  Thinking about switching to UPC 240mb. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 8:45pm

Rossieman what broadband provider do you have and at what speeds if you don't mind me asking? I've got Eircom and its pretty bad any of the websites I do test on give me 3.50 mbps, I should note I already have a dreambox for TV already and at times I develop lag.  Thinking about switching to UPC 240mb. 

I'm on Vodafone get around 8mbs ,3.5 probably is a bit on the slow side for the android boxes.I was told a minimum of 6mbs is needed.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 9:08pm

I'm on Vodafone get around 8mbs ,3.5 probably is a bit on the slow side for the android boxes.I was told a minimum of 6mbs is needed.

I had Vodafone before and it was pretty bad for me, I'll defiantly be switching thanks SmileSmile
ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 9:41am

There is an android box that can be got for around 20 quid .I used one yesterday and its excellent for the money.
If anyone is thinking of buying a android box this is definitely worth looking at ,for the price its no big deal if its not used too often.

Where would I get one of these? I'm gonna do a test run on the android boxes, I'm very skeptical about them,  lag, sh*te quality etc so wouldn't mind checking one out for 20 quid.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 9:46am
Watched the last Hobbit on mine last night. Very good quality. Only problem was I left it load for circa 90 mins before I started to watch it to ensure it didn't lag.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 10:34pm

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_124593.html#vip=15465

That is the tv box I was talking about.They seem to have gotten more expensive since xmas but if you use the coupon code GBMK808B it works out around €24 .
The delivery is very slow(about 5 weeks) if you go for the free option but for an extra $0.99 Netherlands Post will have it delivered within 3 weeks.
Set these up using a usb stick ,straightforward to put XBMC/Mobdro/Showtime on them .
You can use a smartphone app as a remote control or a wireless mouse.That site also sells controllers for it for less than $10.

Edited by rossieman - 16 Jan 2015 at 12:16pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 1:24am
I'm very impressed with my ARMADA 8 definitely recommend it if you're not very techy, Rossieman you sound like you know you're stuff but I haven'a clue so this works well for me :)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 8:26am

I'm very impressed with my ARMADA 8 definitely recommend it if you're not very techy, Rossieman you sound like you know you're stuff but I haven'a clue so this works well for me :)

Good stuff.
I didn't know anything about these a few months ago but after reading up on them and trial and error I built up a bit of knowledge. Not an awful lot to them .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 3:54pm
Anyone else's xbmc not working? My app Kees crashing when I try to upload it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 4:19pm

Anyone else's xbmc not working? My app Kees crashing when I try to upload it.
was working on my Apple TV earlier ok
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 31>
  Share Topic