You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

@Rossieman

Whats the best box to get?

I've been using the IPTV smart app on my Android TV and using flawless but its been buffering a lot recently.

I'll install the flawless app this weekend and see if thats any better.

But keen to try out one of these boxes. 

Nvidia Shield is by far the best box but are a fair bit more expensive than most.£160 from amazon at the moment and Id say thats as cheap as they have been.

Shield has full Android TV and Netflix license unlike majority of these boxes.

Minix Boxs are top notch as well,I have had a few and they have great support/auto updates etc.

Mi Box is another good option and is about half the price of the shield.I saw somewhere online recently that they are expected to drop in price in New Year.One flaw they have is no Ethernet connection but you can buy an adopter for about a tenner.

Cheers 

Sure £160 is just 2 months of SKY/BT..... worth the investment.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

since the dodgy sky boxes disappeared, iv tried a number of iptv, all eventually gave problems, under duress i called sky, 18 months @ 31 euro a month for sports basically, i took it!!

All depends on who you get the iptv off.

Got the mag box with iptv in August and have very little problems with it. It can go down for a day every so often for maintenance but apart from that has been top notch. Loving the bein stations for the football. Also has very good vod.

Tbh I even prefer it to the card sharing dodgy box!

I was using the smart IPTV app and it was giving me issues when the football was on.
Now using the flawless iptv app through KODI and it's working perfect so far.

I'll try out a box in the new year as they seem to be the best.
Even if I got sky for free I'd still use this service for the boxing and 3pm KO. It's so cheap.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 8:55pm
Try Flawless on STB emulator should be even better.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 8:30pm
I see UEFA got a coat order for the likes of SKy/Virgin to block Premier league games over in UK. Do people reckon Sky/Virgin will apply the ban to Irish broadband customers too?

How does that type of thing work? Are there ways around it?
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:07am
Im looking to upgrade my android box, im using 4 and see now there is up to android 7.1. see a few on amazon there for 50 quid or so, any recomendations which to go for or stay away from.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Im looking to upgrade my android box, I'm using 4 and see now there is up to android 7.1. see a few on amazon there for 50 quid or so, any recommendations which to go for or stay away from.

Took #Rossieman's advice and got the new 7.1 version box. The lad who did a few updates for me said the media companies are scouring forums, ebay, facebook etc. for people flogging boxes, so be careful on here too. Emulator is great. Occasionally it freezes but just go back on screen and enter again, no problems. watched the UTD V SPURS game without a glitch.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 2:52pm
www.moretv.ie is alas no longer it was a great three months but my codes are gonna expire in a few days.

So looking for any suggestions for getting tv channels and sports channels with my android box
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

www.moretv.ie is alas no longer it was a great three months but my codes are gonna expire in a few days.

So looking for any suggestions for getting tv channels and sports channels with my android box

I've Mobdro on my phone, tablet and Android box and it works perfectly on all 3.
Ask MaGee
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 3:49pm
oh yeah Mobdro, I have been mirroring it via the phone so must put the app on the android box and test it this weekend. It stalls a lot but it'll do in the short time until I get a proper fix
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
keltic kelt View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keltic kelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 4:28pm
try
celticiptv at hotmail com
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by keltic kelt keltic kelt wrote:

try
celticiptv at hotmail com

How much you charging for a year sub?
keltic kelt View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keltic kelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:50pm
depends on what you need and for how long.
.mail direct to him .
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:17pm

I have found out that they have a new website Big smile Big smile
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:35pm
Lads, can anyone advise that a new lg TV with the below tuners will pick up both official saor view and free sat from the UK? (I understand you need to out your tv on UK setting with postcode for free sat).

Not looking for free to air but genuine set ups with official 7 day epg and rollback. I know you will have to switch TV sources between aerial and dish.

Tuners are dvb s2 and dvb t2
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:47pm
anyone recommend a decent portable speaker to use with the mag 256 box. using a hp computer monitor with no sound at work
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:25pm

I have found out that they have a new website Big smile Big smile

Three months of codes back in the game Big smileCool
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:44pm
Is Mania HD still the best paid add-on for watching the games?    Have been using IPTVWizard for the last few years and have no problems with it, but thought I might try something else to see what they are like?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Is Mania HD still the best paid add-on for watching the games?    Have been using IPTVWizard for the last few years and have no problems with it, but thought I might try something else to see what they are like?

I don't think it is anymore. Flawless IPTV is excellent and has plenty of resellers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031>
  Share Topic