You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Yep the crowd I have my Sub with have put up a statement yesterday about the card-sharing potentially coming to an end all the Sky Sports channels gone and Box office along with a few others. I've had mine since June 2013 so I can't complain. 

My lad said the same about sky scrambling the channels . Then he suggested that this IPTV is the way to go . I couldn't give a f**k about the tv . I can't remember the last time I sat and watched anything on it .
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Yep the crowd I have my Sub with have put up a statement yesterday about the card-sharing potentially coming to an end all the Sky Sports channels gone and Box office along with a few others. I've had mine since June 2013 so I can't complain. 

My lad said the same about sky scrambling the channels . Then he suggested that this IPTV is the way to go . I couldn't give a f**k about the tv . I can't remember the last time I sat and watched anything on it .

We could have same service mine said something very similar alright, I don't have an Android box I've a Linux box with a system called Cloudword . I don't know how his system would play on my box thats the problem. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:45pm
You can load kodi and IPTV on most of those Linux boxs.

I have both on my Linux box.They work decent but aren't as easy to use as if you had them on a Android box.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Was running xbmc version 13. Uninstalled the app and tried to
Download kodi. When I went to install it I was given an error message saying something about parse error?

I'm not sure if kodi is downloading fully. Any tips?

Bump any ideas

Am I goosed so?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 9:00pm
If you have tried several times and it's still not working maybe factory reset the box and start again .

First thing to do if you do reset,update to the latest firmware then just reload Kodi from app store.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 10:53pm
My amiko mini combo box is dropping some of the sky sports channels. Sky sports news and sky sports 4 and 5 appear to have been blocked :/
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:21pm
Yeah have mine 3 years so cant complain either, currently using a sportsnationhd subscription via kodi but might get an iptv subscription shortly.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:51am

Was running xbmc version 13. Uninstalled the app and tried to
Download kodi. When I went to install it I was given an error message saying something about parse error?

I'm not sure if kodi is downloading fully. Any tips?

Bump any ideas

Am I goosed so?

Your version of Android isn't up to date enough for the latest version of Kodi. Either update your Android operating system or reinstall an older version of Kodi. There are also kodi clones available that work on older versions of Android if you google it.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 9:41am
I think if you download Kodi from the app store it will automatically pick the latest version that the device will take ?
I set up 2 in the last few weeks and one was on Android 4.4 and took Kodi 16 the other newer box downloaded 17.1 .
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I think if you download Kodi from the app store it will automatically pick the latest version that the device will take ?
I set up 2 in the last few weeks and one was on Android 4.4 and took Kodi 16 the other newer box downloaded 17.1 .

Think it depends how old your android is. I've been using an Ouya for years which won't take beyond Kodi 14 as the OS can't be updated beyond Android jellybean without using third-party firmware which I've never bothered doing. I got that same parase error message when I tried to update the kodi 15.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 5:19pm
Can I download the older version of mobdro?
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:54pm
Updated to kodi 16.1. My box is 4.2.2 so all I can use. What's the best app to download to stream shows?
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:34pm
Stream Hub is the one I've been using the most lately. 

I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:52pm

Updated to kodi 16.1. My box is 4.2.2 so all I can use. What's the best app to download to stream shows?

Exodus is by far the best imo for tv/films.
Set up a trakt account as well to use as a library.Gets the best out of Exodus.

No live TV on it but perfect quality on films and TV.

Edited by rossieman - 11 May 2017 at 8:56pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 9:07pm

What's the trakt account?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

What's the trakt account?

It's app that you use to search and add tv n films to your library. Link your trakt account to Exodus or any other streaming service that have it and then you have a library set up.
No need to search for anything you will have ito in your collection across any device you set up .

Trakt

Edited by rossieman - 11 May 2017 at 10:22pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 10:28pm
Great stuff, very handy. Cheers for that
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Great stuff, very handy. Cheers for that

Yeah very handy and makes those repos more user friendly.It works with exodus,SALTS and probably a fair few others but I only use it with them two.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
  Share Topic