You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android TV Box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Android TV Box
    Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:27pm
Anyone here have one ?

I have been thinking for a while about buying one.Very handy for streaming sports and also for watching TV shows and Films.

I downloaded xbmc and added mashup and istream to a tablet I have and its great so will take the plunge and get the android tv box.

anyone recommend me a good one or what sites to buy from ?
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:53pm
I have a RaspberryPI here. Had it setup with xbmc and used it to stream films from a friends server using a vpn network. Worked grand but after a few weeks the novelty was gone. Use it now as a vpn server to access my router etc. from abroad. Sky Germany and Sky Ireland are enough for me TV wise.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:56pm
Jail broken Apple TV , dogs dangly's . XBMC is the business. Was watching the Inbetweeners 2 in the gaff while other were paying into the flicks eating overpriced popcorn
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:11pm
My only reservation with buying one ,is that after a few weeks all I will be using it for is a 3pm game on Saturday's.
I can get all the films and TV shows I need on torrents ,so what other uses could I get from this ?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

My only reservation with buying one ,is that after a few weeks all I will be using it for is a 3pm game on Saturday's.
I can get all the films and TV shows I need on torrents ,so what other uses could I get from this ?

Plus wan. Can't aerial rreception in my apartment so if it doesn't have live TV not sure it's worth it. 
@AntrimMan85
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Plus wan. Can't aerial rreception in my apartment so if it doesn't have live TV not sure it's worth it. 

It does have live TV but I already have all the sky channels so not sure what I would use it for bar 3pm ko's and games not on sky/setanta/BT.

Do you have an android phone or tablet ?

Edited by rossieman - 14 Sep 2014 at 12:59am
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 9:01am
Aye,  have an android phone 
@AntrimMan85
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

I have a RaspberryPI here. Had it setup with xbmc and used it to stream films from a friends server using a vpn network. Worked grand but after a few weeks the novelty was gone. Use it now as a vpn server to access my router etc. from abroad. Sky Germany and Sky Ireland are enough for me TV wise.

I haven't a clue what you are talking aboutEmbarrassed   Kids and technology eh? Us old fogies got left behindCryLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 11:07am
Jibberish to me too TJ

How do I jailbreak my Apple TV lads?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

I haven't a clue what you are talking aboutEmbarrassed   Kids and technology eh? Us old fogies got left behindCryLOL

Google.....RaspberryPI...promise it aint a box with red fruits in it.......then Google XBMC....that aint the new BMX bike for the kids and then finally the advantages of openvpn networks when doing things you aint supposed to when you are online.......Wink
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Jibberish to me too TJ

How do I jailbreak my Apple TV lads?
you need an Apple TV 2 or previous version. Google season pass or simply jailbreak Apple TV and down load season pass to the laptop. It's ham and cheesy to do. You will need a cable to connect the Apple TV to the laptop, think it takes the same connection as an Alcatel or Samsung phone
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:39pm
Riddle me this Shamster, it has zero impact on watching Netflix etc etc?
AS YOU WERE McGx

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Aye,  have an android phone 

Anyone with a android phone or tablet should check out this.sets up xbmc and is the easiest way I have seen.
http://koditime.com/

It takes about 5 minutes to set up and will give you a huge library of TV/films and streams.

An android TV box is the same thing really.

Edited by rossieman - 14 Sep 2014 at 12:43pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:55pm

you'll just have to log in again is all when it's all done.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Thing is you wont need netflix afterwards as you will have access to every film/tv show you could want and its free.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 1:01pm
Sounds Fcuking amazing
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Thing is you wont need netflix afterwards as you will have access to every film/tv show you could want and its free.
exactamundo
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 1:09pm

Sounds Fcuking amazing

click on that link I posted above and download the apk.That is basically the same as what you will get on the TV box.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 31>
  Share Topic