Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 276>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Tom Parker Tom Parker wrote:

Just posted this in the 'Villa's Irish XI' thread, might as well drop it in here too:

Went to see the Villa U19s last night against Marseille in the NextGen series quarter final. We lost 2-1 (undeservedly so, I might add) and there were a few Irish lads on show.

Derrick Williams, Graham Burke, Samir Carruthers and Michael Drennan all started. 

Burke was hugely composed, uses the ball well with good movement - I was really impressed with him, and surprised when he was substituted. Carruthers was all action, popping up on either wing and moving into the centre before he was taken off injured. Williams was solid enough, Drennan was workmanlike and led the line, and had a goal unfairly chalked off for offside, which would have made it 2-2 late in extra time.

Jack Grealish came off the bench, and wow - this kid looks very special indeed. You'd think he was only 13 to look at him, but his touch, movement and trickery seemed to bamboozle the Marseille defence. Worth keeping an eye on, and hopefully he'll continue to resist the overtures from England.

All in all, great to see a good Irish contingent in a genuinely very good young team.

Good stuff pal Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

dutchy15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchy15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Just posted this in the 'Villa's Irish XI' thread, might as well drop it in here too:

Went to see the Villa U19s last night against Marseille in the NextGen series quarter final. We lost 2-1 (undeservedly so, I might add) and there were a few Irish lads on show.

Derrick Williams, Graham Burke, Samir Carruthers and Michael Drennan all started. 

Burke was hugely composed, uses the ball well with good movement - I was really impressed with him, and surprised when he was substituted. Carruthers was all action, popping up on either wing and moving into the centre before he was taken off injured. Williams was solid enough, Drennan was workmanlike and led the line, and had a goal unfairly chalked off for offside, which would have made it 2-2 late in extra time.

Jack Grealish came off the bench, and wow - this kid looks very special indeed. You'd think he was only 13 to look at him, but his touch, movement and trickery seemed to bamboozle the Marseille defence. Worth keeping an eye on, and hopefully he'll continue to resist the overtures from England.

All in all, great to see a good Irish contingent in a genuinely very good young team.

Good stuff pal Clap

always pleasnt to hear such reports
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 3:56pm

Good work Tom Clap...someone said earlier about the amount of young Irish in the prem these days...it does seem that there are plenty around?,was this always the way but they slowly slipped down the leagues??
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:06pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 1:35am
Reckon he'll make his senior debut away to Gibraltar in London next September.

JackClap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:58am
He's just tweeted he prefers cats to dogs
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:39am
He just tweeted that ''seagulls follow the trawler because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.''

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
benchwarmer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benchwarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:13pm
well done mods

''I'm a utd fan cause me da was a utd fan''- Irish utd fan
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:31pm
 Enjoyed reading his interviews during the week.  The story about his initial "run-in" with Keano but the other ones too I thought were gas.  JackClap

Edited by Trapcandoit - 13 Sep 2014 at 2:49pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:40pm
Eh....where the rest of da thread?
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Enjoyed reading his interviews during the week.  The story about his initial "run-in" with Keano but the others too I thought were gas.  JackClap

Link?
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Enjoyed reading his interviews during the week.  The story about his initial "run-in" with Keano but the others too I thought were gas.  JackClap

Link?
 They were in yesterday's Star.  More interestingly he talked about his meeting with MON which went well by his accounts.

On the meeting: "Martin made me feel very welcome.......He sat me down and talked through everything.  Not just football but growing up as a footballer and where my grandparents are from in Ireland"

On the current international situation:"Things have just happened very quickly for me this season and I need to concentrate on my club future first before thinking about the international decision."

Edited by Trapcandoit - 13 Sep 2014 at 4:58pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 2:12pm
McG,

Can you post up the comments from his brother Kevan.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

McG,

Can you post up the comments from his brother Kevan.

I doubt we will see any new comments from Kevan for a long time. If I was in his shoes I wouldn't be on here facing 101 questions on a subject that is nobodies concern but Jacks.

(But if you do log on Kevan, talk some sense into the lad Wink )
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 1:11am
only seen this now.. His brother joined ybig
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 8:08am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

only seen this now.. His brother joined ybig
about 2 years ago
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 9:07pm
He'll play for Ireland senior side when he's good & ready. He would have left us already if he didn't want to line up for the Boys. 
Ro Mo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ro Mo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 6:00pm
Did he announce his decision yet? Looking like he's favoring us Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 276>
  Share Topic