You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 276>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 4:10pm

Grealish played well according to the Fai site tonight when he replaced in the second half a certain master Percil in an ireland win. Too soon to say Percil is washed out though.

Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by stokes stokes wrote:

Anyone know who the Percil lad from spurs in the squad is?

I think his name is Roman Percil. He was on the bench for the Spurs U-18 team in this match.
http://www.spursodyssey.com/1011/u18co080111.html
The only way is up
sonofakeano View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofakeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 5:06am
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101702:under-16s-overcome-belgium&catid=7:under-16&Itemid=18
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 3:36pm
Grealish has been picked for the England u17 squad for a friendly tournament next month in Iceland
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 4:52pm
Bad news if he goes
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:18pm
You sure I dont see hm in this

http://www.thefa.com/England/mens-u17s/News/2011/nordics-squad-120711
stokes View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 8:14am
cant find anything about it either. Hope we call him up in augest for our under 17 friendlies,
stokes View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 7:43pm
His brother on villatalk reckons he has been called up alright. England have a tournament at the end of augest it must be that one not the nordic cup
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 2:47am
kevangrealish - Jul 18, 2011 - 11:08 PM
Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

liamoo11 wrote:
Hi Kev. I heard jack was called up for england under 17s in the nordic cup is that true? My irish sources tell me he will be called up for ireland for under 17 games in Augest. Who willhe choose?What a smashing player he is wonderful

Sometimes i really do wonder how you lot know about this before me? LOL

But yes i can confirm that England u17's do want him for the game in a couple of weeks time. Ill try and keep you guys updated with who he is going to choose and when.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HackneyVillain - Jul 18, 2011 - 11:12 PM
Post subject:
Cheers mate, wishing him all the best.
liamoo11 - Jul 19, 2011 - 01:39 AM
Post subject:
Cheers Kev top man. All the best to jack. Tell him all the Irish fans are still raving about how sensational he was when he played down in Cork a few months ago outrageous talent. He will be part of an outstanding Irish under 17s this season.

If he does go to England training (and like all us irish fans I really hope he dosen t) ask him to wear an Ireland jersey that would be a good laugh! The legend Kevin Kilbane once showed up at an England under 16 training session with his Irish jersey on!

Jack will be a LEGEND for Ireland we love our wingers. Cant wait to see him in the green this season. Choose with your heart young Grealish been Irish is in the soul.

This is what was said by his brother - nothing conclusive there yet.
stokes View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 2:15pm
His brother on villatalk  says he has changed his mind and is sticking with us. Good news
"Jack's Done a complete U-Turn and decided to stick with ireland after me submitting his form back to England. yeahh i know im as clueless as you lot on this one but hes sticking with ireland for the near future for sure."

Edited by stokes - 29 Jul 2011 at 2:16pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 8:39am
Grealish included in squad for U17 friendlies in Wexford: http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101995&catid=6&Itemid=17
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 11:14am
Good news. I hope he stays loyal to us.
stokes View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 3:17pm
Thanks Tetsujin great news
sonofakeano View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonofakeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:23am
Great news. Would love in a few years to see this lad pull on the mighty green
Dano View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 3:20am
Originally posted by BaileNúisBhoy BaileNúisBhoy wrote:

Good news. I hope he stays loyal to us.

Yeah same here but I doubt it, maybe we should pull one of the tricks that the Norths fans want them to do and call him up for the Andorra, see if we can get him capped young.
stokes View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 1:41pm
To be fair he has played under 15, under 16 and under 17 for ireland and has pulled out of an england under 17 squad even though it had already been released to the media. I think that shows commitment
Kevangrealish View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevangrealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 8:54pm
Just wondering do any of you guys know anyone that knows or has heard about anything from kazakhstan? Jack got the goal to keep irelands hopes of qualifying in the last 3 mins against them finished 1-1 and the first game was 8-0 vs liechenstein.
Tom Parker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 11:09am
Just posted this in the 'Villa's Irish XI' thread, might as well drop it in here too:

Went to see the Villa U19s last night against Marseille in the NextGen series quarter final. We lost 2-1 (undeservedly so, I might add) and there were a few Irish lads on show.

Derrick Williams, Graham Burke, Samir Carruthers and Michael Drennan all started. 

Burke was hugely composed, uses the ball well with good movement - I was really impressed with him, and surprised when he was substituted. Carruthers was all action, popping up on either wing and moving into the centre before he was taken off injured. Williams was solid enough, Drennan was workmanlike and led the line, and had a goal unfairly chalked off for offside, which would have made it 2-2 late in extra time.

Jack Grealish came off the bench, and wow - this kid looks very special indeed. You'd think he was only 13 to look at him, but his touch, movement and trickery seemed to bamboozle the Marseille defence. Worth keeping an eye on, and hopefully he'll continue to resist the overtures from England.

All in all, great to see a good Irish contingent in a genuinely very good young team.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 276>
  Share Topic