You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Grealish

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262263264265266 276>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

He's a great player. Anyone who says any different is assessing him with a chip on their shoulder. Put him in a good team and he'll really flourish. 
Agreed, he's very good. Wasn't right from early on in the game yesterday and still saw it out. Would do well in a good side
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:58am
Second in chances created in the league this season behind de Bruyne 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yet in terms of "big chances created" where the percentages of a player scoring are far higher than simply carving out even a half chance, he doesn't appear in the top 20?

If the quotes of £60m - £80m are true and that buys you 2 goals and 1 assist in 13 or 14 PL games since the turn of the year I'd be shopping elsewhere.

It's funny how the perception on here is that he's playing fantastically well, yet a high number of Villa fans are slating his performances since football resumed, allover Twitter and their forums.

A very good player on his day yes, but will never be a top player.

Edited by Green Devil - 06 Jul 2020 at 10:34am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:31am
He did SFA against a sluggish Liverpool side in a must win game for Villa, had a few chances too.

Villa would have won that game if they took their chances.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Yet in terms of "big chances created" where the percentages of a player scoring are far higher than simply carving out even a half chance, he doesn't appear in the top 20?

If the quotes of £60m - £80m are true and that buys you 2 goals and 1 assist in 13 or 14 PL games since the turn of the year I'd be shopping elsewhere.

It's funny how the perception  on here is that he's playing fantastically well yet a high number of Villa fans are slating his performances since football resumed allover Twitter and their forums.

A very good player on his day yes, but will never be a top player.

I don’t think he’s playing fantastically well 
Wasn’t aware of the “big chances created” stat either 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:43am
Below is the big chances created stat Thumbs Up

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_created

For me anyway even taking out Jack Grealish from the argument, I'd be more inclined to lean towards using that sort of stat as the barometer, as opposed to the chances created, where half the time many wouldn't offer more than a low percentage of the player on the end of said chance actually scoring.

@Baggio, 

Would he get in the City starting 11 when everyone is fit in your opinion?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:47am
Was discussing in the pub yesterday, would he be better than the Ox or Henderson at Liverpool? Talent wise you would say yes. But then the other lads bring so much to the overall team.

Can see him going to Utd in the summer if Villa go down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:49am

For me anyway even taking out Jack Grealish from the argument, I'd be more inclined to lean towards using that sort of stat as the barometer, as opposed to the chances created, where half the time many wouldn't offer more than a low percentage of the player on the end of said chance actually scoring.

@Baggio, 

At the minute he'd be competing with D Silva or Foden for a spot on the team, Gundogan/Rodri in the holding role and De Bruyne will start ahead of him.
He wouldn't get a spot on the wings ahead of Sterling or Mahrez

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Was discussing in the pub yesterday, would he be better than the Ox or Henderson at Liverpool? Talent wise you would say yes. But then the other lads bring so much to the overall team.

That would mean Fernandes gets a move to a bigger club.

Henderson, Oz and Grealish are all 3 different type of players.

I'd say Grealish will move on when Villa get relegated, doubt it will be to any of the top clubs, maybe Leicester or something.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:54am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

That would mean Fernandes gets a move to a bigger club.

Henderson, Oz and Grealish are all 3 different type of players.

I'd say Grealish will move on when Villa get relegated, doubt it will be to any of the top clubs, maybe Leicester or something.

LOL
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:54pm
ye also do realise Villa are pathetic going forward he was missing McGinn before lockdown when they were playing a more attacking formation so that would also have brought down his goals and assists.

They were awful at the back but since returning after lock down they have gone away more defensive so the amount of chances he gets to create an important goal scoring opportunity has been away less.

He will be outstanding at a better team because the opposition will have others to worry about and will then get more space and to chip in more with goals and assists.

It’s much easier to deal with him at Villa when they have little or no other treat other than McGinn who is only returning to fitness 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

@Baggio, 

At the minute he'd be competing with D Silva or Foden for a spot on the team, Gundogan/Rodri in the holding role and De Bruyne will start ahead of him.
He wouldn't get a spot on the wings ahead of Sterling or Mahrez

Ideal replacement for David Silva. Guardiola is a big Grealish fan.
LOL

He’s also a big Harry Arter fan.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:59pm
What a player 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:27am
Interesting quote from former Aston Villa and Ireland legend Paul McGrath in today's Sunday World on the subject of Jack Grealish : " By the way, a little bird whispered in my ear not so long ago that Jack now regrets not staying with Ireland, when Martin O'Neill was our manager. The boss pleaded with Jack and his family that the lad stay with Ireland. But it's too late now-you can't change your international allegiance twice ! "
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:32am
That pleases me 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:36am
My favourite EIRE internationalist
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:05pm
LOL

Delightful 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:09pm
I highly doubt it, you would want to take paper talk with a pinch of salt.

Jack Grealish will no doubt be capped within the next few months, I'd say Ireland will be the last thing on his mind.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262263264265266 276>
  Share Topic