Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [69.23%]
4 [30.77%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Those who have left the singing section
    Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 2:47pm
Didn't renew my season ticket this year. Planning on going match by match basis to both the singing section and other parts of the ground with a better view.

The singing section has lost its appeal to me for the likes of friendlies and sh*te qualifiers v the likes of gibtaltar. Poor view/ atmosphere not always great/ fookin smell of it too

For people who have previously left the singing section,do you regret the decision or think you have made the right choice in sacrificing atmosphere for view of the game etc
GWAN YBIG
Sponsored Links

daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 7:45pm
Will it be possible to get tickets on a match by match basis for SS.
They announced that over 10k season were sold by the 25th of aug and that the singing section was sold out.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 11:57pm
Singing Section is sold out well 114 section is, but beside it I presume will have tickets
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 12:05am
What was with all the empty sears in the signing section against oman if it's sold out. Obvisouly some were on the way to Tiblisi but hardly accounts for the amount?

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 12 Sep 2014 at 12:05am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 12:19am
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

What was with all the empty sears in the signing section against oman if it's sold out. Obvisouly some were on the way to Tiblisi but hardly accounts for the amount?

A lot of people, especially from outsite Dublin, slipped it I'd say. Some on here alluded to that fact
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 1:08am
I've moved! The view is absolutely awful. Far better seats this time.all power to the lads in there generating the atmosphere but I'm in my 30s now and handing the mantle over to the younger lads
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

A lot of people, especially from outsite Dublin, slipped it I'd say. Some on here alluded to that fact
Fair enough
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

I've moved! The view is absolutely awful. Far better seats this time.all power to the lads in there generating the atmosphere but I'm in my 30s now and handing the mantle over to the younger lads
In your 30s , jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i plan to be standing next to the best of them when i hit my 70s if i last that long . Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:53am
the singing section doesnt appeal to me atall to be honest, i wasnt impressed with the view at a sligo rovers cup final a few year back and i havent been back since

ive 2 season tickets on the half way line since the season after the AVIVA opened and ill renew them every season while i can

the view is great and if i have the auld lad with me he likes to sit and watch the game with out having loads of noise and ppl up and down every few minutes

ill stick to the shouting and standing for my away games, each to their own of course
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 8:24am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

the singing section doesnt appeal to me atall to be honest, i wasnt impressed with the view at a sligo rovers cup final a few year back and i havent been back since

ive 2 season tickets on the half way line since the season after the AVIVA opened and ill renew them every season while i can

the view is great and if i have the auld lad with me he likes to sit and watch the game with out having loads of noise and ppl up and down every few minutes

ill stick to the shouting and standing for my away games, each to their own of course

Same as above. Half way line only place for me for the few home games I get home too.The spare tickets always find a good home on here mind for free.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 8:55am
I like it behind the goal so that's where my ticket is in the singing section, personally think the section needs to move out from under the top deck, no one can hear it, it's great in the middle of it but it's doing eff all for atmosphere
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:23am
I've stood in the green brigade section a few times at Celtic matches and the first few times it was great craic but it gets annoying at times being in there esp. for the bigger games. as it grew in popularity it attracted neds and clingers on who weren't there for the football.
final straw was the league cup final at hampden v the old rangers and you couldn't see the game for banners and the constant smoke flares going off was a ballix.

I like the singing section at the Ireland matches, from afar that is. well done to them for keeping at it and I applaud them for providing an atmosphere at times but I'm like others, you take a day off work (or two)pay the dollas to watch the game.

its def for those who want a bit of craic, singing etc.
put em under pressure!
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:52am
I say quite a few season ticket holders didnt attend the oman game. I am in the west upper and was talking to a couple of lads from Derry - they mentioned only 2 out of a group of 7 made the trip down. Cant blame them for a game like that.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:58am
Never been in any other part of LR so not sure what it like, I like the SS for the standing and the singing.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

In your 30s , jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i plan to be standing next to the best of them when i hit my 70s if i last that long . Thumbs Up

In your 30s Paul and handing over to the younger lads?????? Jaysus im 35 and as Murph said I plan to be standing at Ireland games till standing is not a physical option left to me!!!Get back down off that comfy seat Paul and stand up for the Boys in Green!!!
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

ParkLife View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParkLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:10am
The view is sh*te. But the atmosphere is brilliant. 
It really bothers me that the people in the SS go to the extra effort to create an atmosphere, singing, flags, banners etc and then get suc a brutal view of the game.
Every time we say we're gonna move but we always end up back in there.

dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:38am
it will always be the case for a singing section. you will find them in every ground in Europe traditionally behind the goals, generally with no decent views at all.
put em under pressure!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:57am
i moved for this campaign to the west lower for this campaigns as the view was crap in the SS, and there was always some numpty coming in 15 minutes gone looking for his exact seat. i didn't find the lower seats particularly good either, i think the stadium is very poorly designed.

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic