Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Billionaire fantasy football sheik XI vs Stoke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:57am
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:59am
Yeah, I'll give you that one. That has been fundamentally disproven with Falcao, di Maria, Blind, Rojo and Herrera (Shaw being the only one under 24).
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:20pm
Embedded image permalink
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:44pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 1:52pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1818970.ece/alternates/s1023/Manchester-United-v-Manchester-City.jpg

That's me on the right LOL

And one of ur POF dates on the left 
LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1818970.ece/alternates/s1023/Manchester-United-v-Manchester-City.jpg

LOL
If it is one of his dates, she paid for the ticket herself
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:02pm
Baggio you really need to get over this as you're turning into the City version off Vivakenbarlow.Thumbs Up 

And you don't think you're being obsessed with United with the amount you posted in the last 2 weeks?! LOL

Have to admit I've never seen United spend anything as close to this so I can understand how a Chelsea and City fan felt when they practically won the lottery overnight. The fact that it sickens abus makes it even sweeter.

Seriously speaking whether it's United or anyone else doing it, It's not good for football in a sporting sense and there has to be spending and salary caps brought in to stop this type of crazy spending. 
Clubs can work around the FFP rules too easy. You can spend crazy amounts of money as long as your merchandising/sponsorship income balances off against it which means all the biggest clubs in the world can still practically buy 6 or whatever big names in the one window. 

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Sep 2014 at 2:02pm
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

LOL
If  she was my date she would be buying the chips at half time too, state of herLOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

LOL

LOLLOLClap

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:06pm

says the man who started a thread called Billionaire fantasy football sheikh XI LOLLOLLOL

It was a joke thread started in retaliation to the similarly titled thread for the Burnley vs Man U game, and to laugh at the fact that Stoke won, nothing at all to do with the financial side of things!

It just seems like you're always trying to justify the changes at Man City since they were pumped with free money by constantly comparing to other clubs (and in particular Man United) by posting pics and articles that are years old!
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:11pm
I actually understand where Baggio is coming from on this one. Personally, if I was a Citeh fan, I would probably have gone the way of David Conn. I am disenfranchised enough with the modern game as it is. But fans of one team plunged into debt by a family of disinterested American owners trying to take the moral highground over fans of a team of somewhat interested Middle Eastern owners looking for a plaything is up there with lads down the pub in West Cork calling each other Manc and Scouse.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

says the man who started a thread called Billionaire fantasy football sheikh XI LOLLOLLOL

It was a joke thread started in retaliation to the similarly titled thread for the Burnley vs Man U game, and to laugh at the fact that Stoke won, nothing at all to do with the financial side of things!

It just seems like you're always trying to justify the changes at Man City since they were pumped with free money by constantly comparing to other clubs (and in particular Man United) by posting pics and articles that are years old!

Not trying to justify anything

I am 100% trying to point out hypocrisy among football fans, commentators and ex-players who are paid to give their views on the game

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Sep 2014 at 2:13pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:19pm

I am disenfranchised enough with the modern game as it is. But fans of one team plunged into debt by a family of disinterested American owners trying to take the moral highground over fans of a team of somewhat interested Middle Eastern owners looking for a plaything is up there with lads down the pub in West Cork calling each other Manc and Scouse.

Agree 100%
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:19pm

I am 100% trying to point out hypocrisy among football fans, commentators and ex-players who are paid to give their views on the game

Where is the hypocrisy though? Besides the Silvestre comment the rest of the articles you posted are years old.

Pointing out the hypocrisy is you trying to justify Man City's spending imo.

United have only started spending massively in the last year (though I'm aware they've always spent big!)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 2:22pm

Where is the hypocrisy though? Besides the Silvestre comment the rest of the articles you posted are years old.

Pointing out the hypocrisy is you trying to justify Man City's spending imo.

United have only started spending massively in the last year (though I'm aware they've always spent big!)

Did you never hear football fans in the last 6 years say City were buying their success? Buying trophies, spending obscenely and buying players who were only there for a bigger pay packet?

Now Im not denying or "justifying" any of that, but have you heard that said to the same level about Manchester United recently? 

If Van Gaal succeeds and wins something, do you think the media will give him the credit he deserves, or react like they did when Mancini won trophies and suggest that he bought them and his achievement was minimal?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Sep 2014 at 2:24pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 4:08pm

Did you never hear football fans in the last 6 years say City were buying their success? Buying trophies, spending obscenely and buying players who were only there for a bigger pay packet?

Now Im not denying or "justifying" any of that, but have you heard that said to the same level about Manchester United recently? 

If Van Gaal succeeds and wins something, do you think the media will give him the credit he deserves, or react like they did when Mancini won trophies and suggest that he bought them and his achievement was minimal?

I see your point but again I think it's more to do with the way Man City have received a massive financial injection and not earned the money the same way other clubs have.

The whole philosophy instilled into Man United by Fergie of giving youth a chance does seem to be forgotten, they are now throwing money at their problems but that is necessary, as the saying goes you need to spend money to make money!
thedream View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 4:48pm

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18082010/58/premier-league-fergie-attacks-kamikaze-clubs.html

Fergie 

U dont understand the difference. Even though you say you do. The money Man U spend is there money so it is not kamikazee like ferguson is saying in that interview. There is no danger at Man U spending this money and putting these players on these big wages but at City there is a huge gamble if the owner pulls out. The club would just lose control of itself and go under bcos they wouldnt be able to sustain. But United are pulling in hundreds of million a year to sustain being able to pay these transfers and wages all the time. City arent spending within their means as a club and Man U are. Uniteds spending isnt kamakazee but City and chelseas is. Theres a difference you dont get.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic