Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Billionaire fantasy football sheik XI vs Stoke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Billionaire fantasy football sheik XI vs Stoke
    Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 4:57pm
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 4:59pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 5:10pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:38pm
Eight individual players from Man C's team cost more each than Stokes's entire starting XI.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 9:19am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2735780/Manchester-United-expensive-squad-assembled-Premier-League.html

I forgot to start threads entitled - 

Most expensive squad ever assembled in English Football history beaten by Swansea (and MK Dons)

Of course now its United spending hundreds of millions we're getting quotes from ex players such as "forget the pricetag completely, we have to overspend as we're not in the champions league"
When City did the exact same it was obscene LOL

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Sep 2014 at 9:21am
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2735780/Manchester-United-expensive-squad-assembled-Premier-League.html

Most expensive squad ever assembled in English Football history beaten by Swansea (and MK Dons)

Of course now its United spending hundreds of millions we're getting quotes from ex players such as "forget the pricetag completely, we have to overspend as we're not in the champions league"

LOL Too easy LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

LOL Too easy LOL

It was a reply to a post with valid points 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 10:15am

LOL Too easy LOL

You're ridiculously obsessed with United's finances.

The difference between Man United and city is simple enough, United have earned a lot of money through the likes of merchandise sales and success whereas city have earned nothing, a billionaire has bought the club and injected hundreds of millions into the club, it's not too long ago that city were in the Championship!

No matter what United spend on players I'll always think they earned the right to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 10:20am
Whether its oil money or merchandise money, it doesn't bother me
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 10:23am

LOL Too easy LOL

You're ridiculously obsessed with United's finances.

says the man who started a thread called Billionaire fantasy football sheikh XI LOLLOLLOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:22am

So you see no difference between a football club spending money that they make from the success and popularity of the football club, spending sustainably to ensure continued success, compared to a club spending money made from an external source that has nothing to do with football and nothing to do with a sustainable financial model?

Okay.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

So you see no difference between a football club spending money that they make from the success and popularity of the football club, spending sustainably to ensure continued success, compared to a club spending money made from an external source that has nothing to do with football and nothing to do with a sustainable financial model?

Okay.

Of course i can see the difference, but it doesn't bother me how clubs get their money. Chelsea's big spending never bothered me when Abramovich came in. If anything i welcomed it as it challenged the status quo of the top clubs at the time. Who wants to see a league were only the team with the most fans around the world and who buy most shirts can spend big money? 

The way some Utd fans have talked over the years about City's spending you would think that its only them that is allowed to spend big. Their double standards with what they are saying about how they are spending now and what they have said in the last 6 years and especially when City bought big to break into the top 4, is very amusing. 

Their ex players and fans have swapped phrases such as 'obscene spending', 'overpaid mercenarys' and 'ruining football' with 'forget pricetags' 'overspending is to be expected to get us back into europe' and 'i dont care how much he cost' LOL

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Sep 2014 at 11:29am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:35am

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Okay.

Of course i can see the difference, but it doesn't bother me how clubs get their money. Chelsea's big spending never bothered me when Abramovich came in. If anything i welcomed it as it challenged the status quo of the top clubs at the time. Who wants to see a league were only the team with the most fans around the world and who buy most shirts can spend big money? 

The way some Utd fans have talked over the years about City's spending you would think that its only them that is allowed to spend big. Their double standards with what they are saying about how they are spending now and what they have said in the last 6 years and especially when City bought big to break into the top 4, is very amusing. 

Their ex players and fans have swapped phrases such as 'obscene spending', 'overpaid mercenarys' and 'ruining football' with 'forget pricetags' 'overspending is to be expected to get us back into europe' and 'i dont care how much he costLOL

Any examples there or are you just constructing straw men?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:39am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29018901

Is United's near-£150m spree a measured response to last season's failure?

Phil Neville: "At the start of the summer United vice-chairman Ed Woodward said Manchester United could still attract the world's best players - and they have done that.

"Sometimes you have got to forget the price tags. There was money there to spend and when a club like Manchester United goes in for a player they have to pay big money. It's a given.

"But it is not a gamble signing Angel Di Maria or Falcao."

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:41am
That's fine - any example of Phil Neville criticising City's earlier spending then? If you are going to call someone a hypocrite, be prepared to prove it.

Or maybe you were just engaging in sweeping generalisations.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 02 Sep 2014 at 11:42am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:45am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:47am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:53am
Wait a second, that Phil Neville thing has nothing to do with "financial doping" or anything of the sort. It is to do with tapping up (which I will happily admit Fergie engaged in, but so does everyone).

Try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic