You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Iconic Images/Videos that Shook the World (NSFW)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iconic Images/Videos that Shook the World (NSFW)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 2:51am
Dukla the two with the flags are both just done for the cameras after the real thing happened
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Do the images not speak for themselves. They do not need any explanation really. 

For those of a certain age they mightn't know what they are. Don't put context in if you don't want, it doesn't bother me too much. I'd just like to read up on the pictures I've never seen before.  

I've never seen this OJ image before and wouldn't know if it wasn't for the url

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/uploads/1634/OJChase.jpg

Same with the Birmingham one and I presume the two pictures are about the Birmingham 6.

I amn't sure what Robert Baggio's post is about for instance.

Edited by David McWilliams - 31 Aug 2014 at 3:20am
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Jonny2Times Jonny2Times wrote:

What was Couglan supposed to have said? Turns out your man he overtook didn't even finish in the top 3
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:44am

Hillborough
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:45am

Rip speedo
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:46am

Columbine
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:47am

First ever televised gay kiss
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:47am

2009 bushfires
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 12:32pm
Hillsborough picture is upsetting to look at, as are a lot of the others but jesus, horrendous to look at.
Bohs Till I Die
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

Hillsborough picture is upsetting to look at, as are a lot of the others but jesus, horrendous to look at.
just copped that the fencing is actually burst to the right such is the sheer pressure applied by the crush. horrible alright
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

Dukla the two with the flags are both just done for the cameras after the real thing happened

Was the Berlin one not photoshopped to remove the half a dozen wristwatches that the Russian had acquired ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

I know...They're still iconic images though.

And yeah I remember reading that about the Soviet one before newry
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 1:31pm
the spanish civil war picture on page 1 was faked too I believe.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

the spanish civil war picture on page 1 was faked too I believe.

True.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Dukla Dukla wrote:

Into the Jaws of Death

I visited Utah beach this week (the above photo was taken at Omaha beach). What absolute balls of steel these men had. When I visited it was at low tide, just the same as it was when they went ashore on D-Day. The distance from the edge of the water to the top of the beach was about the length of croke parks pitch and stretched for miles on either side. Fortunately at Utah the air force had largely neutralised the German defences beforehand which greatly reduced the deaths on the beach. Unfortunately the same could not be said on Omaha. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 2:45am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I visited Utah beach this week (the above photo was taken at Omaha beach). What absolute balls of steel these men had. When I visited it was at low tide, just the same as it was when they went ashore on D-Day. The distance from the edge of the water to the top of the beach was about the length of croke parks pitch and stretched for miles on either side. Fortunately at Utah the air force had largely neutralised the German defences beforehand which greatly reduced the deaths on the beach. Unfortunately the same could not be said on Omaha. 

Did you get to see Gold Beach ? My late Grand-Uncle Pat was there as a young man on 6/6/44 with Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders.

Taken in 1855, this is the world's first colour photograph. Image captured by English photographer Thomas Sutton and Scotland's greatest ever scientist, James Clerk Maxwell. The subject, a tartan ribbon, naturally

A daylight raiding party of the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) go "over the top" whilst under fire in 1917.   

The Graf Zeppelin flies over Wembley Stadium during the 1930 FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Huddersfield Town.

Oh, and the final score was Arsenal 2 - Huddersfield Town 0 ....
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 10:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic