Poll Question: Winner?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [36.84%]
12 [63.16%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curiousdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brazil -v- Holland
    Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 2:01am
3rd place play-off

Saturday 9pm, Brasilia

Hope Brazil put in a performance and win to put that 7-1 defeat behind them.

Two games in a row with extra time for Holland. They might be dead on their feet.

Hopefully a good game anyway
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 7:03am
3/4 games are usually entertaining games

Will say 3-2 to Brazil
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 7:13am
2-1 to Brazil for me .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 7:20am
Netherlands to win 3-0 for me
thedream View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 11:11am
HOLLAND 2
BRAZIL    0

The Dutch are just a much better unit. Worse players, but better team. It may be a carnival atmosphere but the Dutch will prove too strong on the pitch.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 11:13am

"I think this match should never be played and I've been saying this for 10 years," Van Gaal said after his team were knocked out by Argentina on penalties.

"It is unfair we have one day less to recover than our opponent so that is not fair play either," he added.

"But the worst thing is I believe that chances are that you lose twice in a row. And a tournament in which you've played so marvellously well you would go home as a loser just because you could possibly have lost the last two matches and this has got nothing to do with sports in my view."

"So, in a football tournament particularly not at the last stage you shouldn't have players playing match for third-fourth place. Because there is only one award that counts and that is becoming world champion."

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Jul 2014 at 11:14am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by thedream thedream wrote:

HOLLAND 2
BRAZIL    0

The Dutch are just a much better unit. Worse players, but better team. It may be a carnival atmosphere but the Dutch will prove too strong on the pitch.

Really? Wouldnt say the Dutch have worse players at all. Ron Vlaar for example put in the type of defensive performance that David Luiz can only dream of. Only Fernandinho, Neymar and Silva would get in the Dutch team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

"I think this match should never be played and I've been saying this for 10 years," Van Gaal said after his team were knocked out by Argentina on penalties.

"It is unfair we have one day less to recover than our opponent so that is not fair play either," he added.

"But the worst thing is I believe that chances are that you lose twice in a row. And a tournament in which you've played so marvellously well you would go home as a loser just because you could possibly have lost the last two matches and this has got nothing to do with sports in my view."

"So, in a football tournament particularly not at the last stage you shouldn't have players playing match for third-fourth place. Because there is only one award that counts and that is becoming world champion."

Are there medals awarded for third place? I must admit, I rarely watch this game.
I tend to agree with LVG. There's no third place playoff in the EUROS. It's an unnecessary game.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Curiousdub Curiousdub wrote:

3rd place play-off

Saturday 9pm, Brasilia

Hope Brazil put in a performance and win to put that 7-1 defeat behind them.

Two games in a row with extra time for Holland. They might be dead on their feet.

Hopefully a good game anyway

Totally agree with LVG, who cares about this game. Its pretty much a friendly as nobody remembers/cares who came 3rd/4th.
The fans will be home, the players all want to be at home/on holidays etc.

You wouldn't be happy if Robben scored 3 goals in this game and won the golden boot!

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 2:54pm
Apres Match will be better than the match.

2-0 Brasil, Louise scoring and celebrating like a demon with Neymar tattooed on his cock.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by thedream thedream wrote:

HOLLAND 2
BRAZIL    0

Are the Brazilian public not baying for blood from this group of players and management at the moment. I would have said it is as far removed from a carnival atmosphere as it possibly could be.

This game means a lot more to the Brazil players now than the Dutch. If Brazil lose, the fans and media will eat this team alive again for the 2nd time in a few days. In saying all that, I can see the Dutch rotating their team, being fresher and possibly nicking it.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 3:25pm
Dutch to nick it. Carnival atmosphere me hole
Curiousdub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curiousdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 3:46pm
Scolari made a balls of the squad he picked.

Lucas Moura, Coutinho, Miranda, Felipe Luiz, Robinho, kaka are just a few names that could have made a hell of a difference.

Even the last two could have offered more than Fred and Jo.

What's done is done. The Brazilians will go all out for victory tomorrow. Holland will give a few players a run out. Really interested in seeing the reaction of the Brazilian supporters. If it's bad well then the heads could drop and il hand the advantage over to the Dutch

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 10:34pm
These games are usually high scoring affairs, I'm thinking I might chance a large bet on over 2.5 goals to recoup my losses.

Dutch don't give a f**k for this game and will give all the players who barely played a run out. Brazil will be hell bent on a victory but scared sh*tless too, a very interesting game.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
new york View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new york Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 10:39pm
Van Gaal is right on this one.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 6:59pm
Holland to win tonight 3-1
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

These games are usually high scoring affairs, I'm thinking I might chance a large bet on over 2.5 goals to recoup my losses.
Chasing your losses. Foolproof idea LOL
Curiousdub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curiousdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 7:49pm
Both teams at full strength.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic